I love Sonic Youth and Big Black. Please help point me in the direction of more great noise-rock!

I love Sonic Youth and Big Black. Please help point me in the direction of more great noise-rock!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xoYVEQeJ4WQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you haven't heard the rest of Albini's stuff get on that e.g. Rapeman and Shellac.

youtu.be/xoYVEQeJ4WQ

10,000 Hurts is a masterpiece.

Some of my favourites, hope you like them OP
>TVU White Light / White Heat
>Boris Akuma no Uta
>Boris Pink
>Boredoms Super Roots 5
>Chelsea Wolfe Abyss
>Dinosaur Jr You're Living All Over Me
>Les Rallizes Denudes '77 Live
>The Goslings Grandeur of Hair
>Swans Public Castration is a Good Idea

Scratch Acid
The Jesus Lizard
Drunkdriver
Hammerhead

Shellac
The Jesus Lizard
Scarling
The Chinese Stars
Arab On Radar
Yowie
Spectres
later Daughters
Deerhoof

Found this list of essentials on here recently.

I used to try going through that a few years ago when I was really big into finding more noise rock recs but a lot of them were unsurprisingly average...but I did come across a few gems I hadn't heard before

These are the ones I still have left, any worth really going out of my way to listen to immediately?

Blue Daisies - Wilt
Brainiac - Bonsai Superstar
KARP - anything they did really
Glenn Branca - The Ascension

>likes noise rock
>but hasn't listened to Black Eyes
holy fucking shit user, what are you doing

don't listen to the s/t though, listen to Cough. That's when they go full out noise rock free jazz noise

melt banana - cell-scape is absolutely essential

Sorry, I can't recommend anything as the only album I've listened to on this list is Dinosaur Jr's YLAOM

m8 where the fuck have you been

Well to be perfectly honest I'm really big into earlier noise rock which is maybe where a lot of recs disappoint me because modern stuff rarely has the pure passionate intensity of something like Scratch Acid, Distorted Pony, The Birthday Party, Unsane etc. or just nice albums to get lost in like The Dead C or Bodychoke

Like as a general rule, I still like my noise rock to be rock (there's exceptions like I fucking love Soul Discharge but too many people try to do the crazy noise rock without something to actually set it apart like the humor in Soul Discharge's case)

I will check out Black Eyes though, thanks

I'll check it out, I mostly put it off because I've heard Charlie? I think it was by them and it wasn't good enough that it made me want to lsiten to more albums of theirs

>modern stuff rarely has the pure passionate intensity of something like Scratch Acid

naw man
you got a storm comin' your way

Haven't had much time to listen to music.

I sure hope so

I'm probably the only loser on this board who has noise rock lyrics tattooed in multiple places on my body so I'm always hoping for some fresh fury to fall in love with

Bunuel – A resting place for a stranger. Easily top 5 of decade.

Swans is a hack band.

>only loser on this board who has noise rock lyrics tattooed in multiple places on my body
yikes

Swans dude
Nobody ever topped early Swans

I will repeat just to get you attention to this. After first listen my dog had a seizure with bubbles coming out of his numb face after defecating on the floor.

Also it's a side project of Eugene Robinson. So vocal is amazing too.

Dustdevils – Struggling Electric And Chemical

Chrome amd Boredoms are worth checking out

World Domination Enterprise

>names two bands that sound nothing like eachother

why

Google pigfuck you ignorant plebeian, nobody has to spoonfeed you

>being this fucking braindead

pretty on the inside, the first sessions, and ask for it (well only 1 on that is noise) by hole

Live Skull - Dusted

Factums - Alien Native

Aburadako is pretty great if you can withstand the vocals.

>coughs - fright makes right
FUCK YES ABSOLUTELY PERFECT ALBUM

I strongly dislike Ice Cream Spiritual. Complete lack of dynamics in the recording, overly cute vocals trying to ride a trend that never really happened like they were thinking the Paw Tracks releases not by Animal Collective were going to be the next big thing and they wanted on the wave combined with dance-punk detritus, it's got "hooky" song writing but isn't catchy at all like it's going in two directions at once. I realize it's only one album off this chart, but it stuck out like a sore thumb to me

Pic is Daughters s/t it's my recommendation for OP