For fuck sake! Why hasn't Atheists define Atheism already?!!!

For fuck sake! Why hasn't Atheists define Atheism already?!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YG6DifUtPvs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We dont belive that some fucking god created the earth and us

You believe... "At first there was nothing... Then it exploded!"

For fuck sake! Its not our job to define it. Its your job to prove us wrong faggot.

The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. We are all connected. To each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically. Gods imagination is so much greater than man; He's never gonna let us relax. We live in an in-between universe where things change alright. But according to patterns, rules or as we call them laws of nature.

bump

Just because we don't what was going on before the big bang doesn't mean it was nothing. The big bang and the resulting phenomena can be scientifically evaluated so we do know something about it.

Maybe there was a god or something before the big bang who was the catalyst for it, we don't know because there is no evidence. I fucking doubt it though.

tl;dr i'm feeding the troll

Since you are admitting "Maybe there was a god" that means you are agnostic.. not athiest.. Move along son.

Fuck you, you still have to define it. How are you supposed to disprove something that isn't even defined? Don't have kids you brainless asswipe

>implying "agnosticism" and "atheism" are mutually exclusive.

One you assert there is no god. The other you don't know and in some fashion entertain the idea.

This aint amateur hour..

The word is self explanatory. What the fuck is STILL wrong with you? Off your meds AGAIN??

The distinction is pointless.

Nobody with two brain cells to rub together thinks that there is no possibility of a deity existing. There is no proof one way or the other which is the very foundation of atheism/agnosticism.

In my opinion, people who identify as agnostic are just cowards trying to score brownie points with theists.

I believe in the possibility of a deity existing but the chances are so astronomically low, in my opinion, that for all intent's and purposes I conduct my life as if the absence of deities is a fact. So I identify as atheist.

>and in some fashion entertain the idea.

See that's the thing. It's a logically fallacy to assert that no god exists due to lack of evidence one way or the other. That doesn't mean I entertain the idea that there is a god. I don't. I'm reasonably sure there isn't. My admission that I believe in the possibility of one is merely semantic.

God wanted this. He did this He Always does this. Fuck your "god" and his nonexistence.

You are a closet agnostic. Atheists not only assert there is no creator but also go to the extent of being an antichrist. Anytime someone speaks up about it atheists are always there to chime in and do what they do best.

Agnostics ask questions and question things.

Atheists use insult to prove a point they cannot prove. Like you are doing now.

but ya done goofed up and admitted you don't know. Maybe you have been looking at Sup Forums too much and don't understand the differences between the two. I can understand how all the b/tards on here can convolute your judgement.

Go to some cool place like google.. and look up the definitions of agnostic and atheist.

That's not atheism.

bait

bait

rebait

Nothing about how the universe works suggests there is any god. Suggesting a god in our image is pure hubris and a dash of mental retardation.

We are made of chemicals, particles, atoms... energy. Thus one could presume a model to follow that.

But believe what you wish. It matters not.

You are assuming god or our creator made everything revolve around humans... No that isn't true. There is no evidence to suggest that.

We are just a happen by chance collection of atoms.

your notions of pain and fear of death is just a chemical and electrical response in your body. Beyond that... We are just star stuff created by something..

Pediatric AIDS is proof that God is just and loving.

>There is no evidence

We are Deities Faggots - What you think we're apes or plants or some shit? Ok so even if you follow Darwinistic forces - If natural phenon created us - couldn't something much bigger, more conscientious and more powerful have also emerged. With billions of years and time/ gravity forces involved, black holes and all that shit. Common user - think out it.. ..

Exactly

because Atheism is actually a cult

This. We're energy people. Let's get with the fuckin' program here.

Only fags like religion, fag.

a·the·ist
ˈāTHēəst/
noun
noun: atheist; plural noun: atheists

a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.

Just because I acknowledge the possibility of a god doesn't mean I believe in one. I lack belief in the existence of God or gods.

There's a possibility we exist inside the belly of a giant space turtle.

>I don't fucking believe it though.

Atheism is cult of arrogant cunts

"There's a possibility we exist inside the belly of a giant space turtle." So you are agnostic..

It is simply foolish to say with absolute certainty that there is no god, when it is impossible to prove/disprove such a thing. We cannot know, but I don't believe or concern myself with the idea because the lack of evidence.

If we cannot know like you say.. then how can we believe or disbelieve? That is called agnostic.

Good point user

Lmao this post still going XD

>roman catholicism
>the original christianity

Get out pope francis

can you bible fags take your imaginary friends to somewhere else?

You guys seem to having trouble making the distinction between logic and opinion.

It's not logically sound to make an assertion one way or the other when you lack proof.

You can still evaluate the probability of something even without concrete proof. You can then choose to believe that something.

I've evaluated the probability of the existence of an abrahamic god and decided that it's not very likely. So I don't believe there is one. Because I think it's unlikely. I know words are hard but believe and know are two different ones with different meanings.

spotted the blindfolded gay dude.

pope Francis is on the left side of the pic

It's in the dictionary and it says:
>disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

>off by three
I don't belong anywhere.

Этo пoхoдy вcё. Capьян зa тo чтo былo и нe былo.

Maybe God has let them down a few too many times or their prayers are far unrealistic and surreal...

mfw Molly being all like

Atheism: Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like

Theism: belief in the existence of a god or gods
Atheism: disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of god or gods
OP: a faggot who apparently doesn't know how to use the internet

>The distinction is pointless.
>Nobody with two brain cells to rub together thinks that there is no possibility of a tooth fairy existing. There is no proof one way or the other which is the very foundation of disbelieving bullshit fantasies
>In my opinion, people who identify as fairy nonbelievers are just cowards trying to score brownie points with idiots.
>I believe in the possibility of a tooth fairy existing but the chances are so astronomically low, in my opinion, that for all intent's and purposes I conduct my life as if the absence of tooth fairies is a fact. So I identify as a fairy nonbeliever.

Or, you can realize that since there is literally no proof of any kind that any gods exist or have existed, after an immense amount of searching by nearly all of humanity, that this constitutes positive proof of the nonexistence of god

>In some circumstances it can be safely assumed that if a certain event had occurred, evidence of it could be discovered by qualified investigators. In such circumstances it is perfectly reasonable to take the absence of proof of its occurrence as positive proof of its non-occurrence.
>—Copi, Introduction to Logic

I found God. She said "bye".

>It's not logically sound to make an assertion one way or the other when you lack proof.
see

Dude I'm fucking telling you she spoke to me.

Why won't anyone believe me :C

>"see" Jesus

Get glorified

>"see" a faceless man

Get called delusional

That's why

Dude, no, for real, I met her at a weeaboo convention somehow.

Shit, now that I actually think about it it does make a lick of sense. Better kms to make sure.

Sure when it comes to specific deities described as committing certain acts that would be scientifically verifiable, if there is no evidence of that act then it's positive proof that act did not occur.

Beyond that though, lack of evidence is not evidence. You can't verify that no god exists because we lack the capacity to thoroughly investigate the matter. Maybe there is a god that exists beyond the expanding edge of the Universe. How would we check if he's there or not?

What if I'm God and just decided to manifest myself 2000 years later to check on the life of the ultimate everyperson, aka the middle of the median, the fool on the hill to make sure I get a taste of it all.

*hurg*

j/k I eat her ass canonically.

>While the medieval everyman was devoid of definite marks of individuality in order to create a universality in the moral message of the play, the contemporary storyteller may use an everyman for amoral, immoral, or demonstrative purposes.
>demonstrative purposes

Thanks, G-Man.

I'm not salty, I'm the salt of the Earth.

This God the majority of you speak of is false. This creator God is Satan, and he has deceived you. We reside in Hell, the physical universe, which Satan created to imitate the Unknowing God's universe.

Wake up.

Agnostic theist here. I can't prove it but I do hope there is some greater, just being, some fucking MEANING to all this bullshit. I can't bear to think that this suffering has no good end. If you can, more power to you but that's my two cents.

There is and humanity has less than 24 hours to execute the conclusion and finish re-building civilization before everything falls into chaos.

Why do people take this obvious fucking bait?

Atheism is the belief that op is gay

lel

>I do hope there is some greater, just being, some fucking MEANING to all this bullshit.

And herein lies the root of theism. It's fear. Fear of the meaninglessness of existence and the fear of death. Fear of ceasing to exists with no recourse.

Just because it's more pleasant to believe in deities/spirits/afterlife doesn't mean you should lend them any more credence just because they're more comfortable.

I dunno, seems pretty coherent to me.

This maymay is old as dirt but I just like talking about atheism anonymously. I don't really tell people about it IRL so it's nice to have a place to chat/argue about it.

Also, on a completely different note, when did it go from trolling to bait?

Must be a newfag.

what makes u think that user?

Because obvious troll is obvious.

I don't give a shit about religion and I think must people should'nt too.
Don't get me wrong, Atheism is a relgion too.
Christianity, Islam, Hindu, Atheism all have one thing in common: It's a belief, you can not know until you die and then you'll know for sure or you can't know anything at all.
I think living by basic guidelines from all religions is the best thing a person can do for himself and all religions have one thing in common: Do not harm anybody, live a good life and be free.
But don't live by the bible or the quran or whatever, those are man-written books and men tend to undertake actions for their own wealth.
Changing the word of God was one of the most powerful instruments of politics.
For example witchhunts, gayhunts, crusades etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=YG6DifUtPvs

you really believe the bible? or any other religious scripture?

>Atheism is a relgion too.
no, it's not a relgion, or even a religion

>all religions have one thing in common: Do not harm anybody
That's not even close to true

>live a good life
that's subjective

>be free
that's also not true at all

They still did not define atheism

Who do you think wrote the dictionary then, huh?

Good night, Molly.

the lack of a belief in bronze age fairy tales

don't at me

why dont you believe in yourself

im going to bed for real now.

I lied, I'm not going to bed, just tired. Have to stay up all night and read Fight Club in the morning. Sorry for the thot patrol.

I can't be bothered to read this entire thread. The OP did make me laugh for some reason though. Fun twist on a classic

The reason I am responding is to clear up some terminology. The prefix "a" means "without". "Gnostic" means knowledge. So when you say agnostic you are saying without knowledge. However, belief is a Boolean. You either believe or you dont. This is why most people who say they are agnostic are actual agnostic atheist. You can believe without knowledge as well. And you can disbelieve or believe with knowledge. For example most die hard Christians would be Gnostic theists.

Java programmer detected. Not sure if sorry or my bitch.

Naw I do javascript mostly. Node and then angular or react redux front end. I have done some java though

Boole was a p cool guy tho

Never heard of him. I'll be looking into that

He drowned in rain. R.I.P. George Boole.

> In late November 1864, Boole walked, in heavy rain, from his home at Lichfield Cottage inBallintemple[37]to the university, a distance of three miles, and lectured wearing his wet clothes.[38]He soon became ill, developing pneumonia.[39][40]Boole's condition worsened and on 8 December 1864, he died of fever-inducedpleural effusion.

At least he finished his lecture

Atheism is the faith that a god does not exist, they have agnostic tendencies and bring up no evidence that there was or was not a God in arguments often, however unlike an Agnostic, an Atheist has the vehement belief, yes BELIEF, that a God could not reasonably exist. Think of it like this:
>Religious Axis

> Lawful Religious, Neutral Religious, Chaotic Religious
>Lawful Agnostic, True Neutral, Chaotic Agnostic
>Lawful Atheist, Neutral Atheist, Chaotic Atheist
L.R. = Follow the tenants of the religion, outcast non-believers
N.R. = Follow the tenants of the religion, by what you believe they mean
C.R. = Believe in the best aspects of the religion only, may debate why you're right.... usually not you don't care, probably born to the religion.
L.Ag. = You'll swing either way once one shows evidence, but until then you're not convinced either way and don't care what people believe.
T.N. = I don't fucking care, I'm living my life
C.Ag. = You can't prove there is or isn't a god and neither can anyone else, so lets troll them
L.Ath = I believe there is no God and you cannot dissuade me either
N.Ath = I believe there is no God but I could be convinced otherwise with proof
C.Ath = I stomp around Sup Forums tipping my fedora