Do long distance reationships really work?

Do long distance reationships really work?

LDRs work in the same manner that Donald Trump is an effective president

Interpersonal scholar here. I've published multiple articles on it.

Essentially, they can. However, there needs to be a huge amount of maturity between the two. Then comes the trust. If there's no trust, then nothing can come about it.

What's the context so I can answer further.

Why would you want to be with someone you can't have sex with? That's the entire reason for a relationship, otherwise you'd just have a friendship with someone.

What if she trust me but i dont trust her?

They don't work. It's basically a fake relationship for people who aren't ready for a real one. If you want to indulge your fantasy, go ahead, but don't fool yourself into thinking it's real.

so if you had you dick cut of in a acident anf you couldent have sex more, you wouldent be able to have a girlfriend?

No I wouldn't want a girlfriend if I had no dick. What would be the point.

So sex is everything in a reationship?

Pretty much this, it's a big waste of time. Speaking from experience here.

What happend? What dident work out?

Pretty much.

No. Not even if they're long distance for even a short time.
Don't do it, unless you're an ugly cuck.

I'd been in one for 9 months now, mine is working very well

Fuck no.

They never work in the end, it's waste of time

So living far apart will sensure she fucks some one else? Are all women like this?

I agree, a relationship is 90% sex
10% friendship, shared interests, co-habitability, and comfort.

Yes, was in one for about 5 years and now we're moved in and happy together.

Do you meet up reguarly? Or is it just skype?

They can work with enough love and faith for one another (and if she's loyal) I've been in one for the past year and honestly it's been really good.

Yes, but it's not just women. 9 times out of 10 immediate gratification beats out eventual reward.

anomaly

I am in one for more than two years, it is financially very heavy since the only transportation method that allow me to see her is by an airplane and I try to visit as much as I can. Financial wise it's a very bad decision, I do not know what to think either since she put up with so much of my shit and she's still here.

Most, but not all. Most being like probably 98%

I know.

they only do if you REALLY care about your partner. they DON'T, however, if you get into a """relationship""" before you even meet. if you meet before you become a couple, and you really fkn love each other then it will work.

speaking from personal experience.

A number of things that kept piling on top of one another until we had enough.

- The distance was too far, we couldn't visit regularly.
- Too much mistrust (both ways)
- Time consuming and a lot more work

Plenty of other things I've missed to list.

Long story short, eventually she freaked out and blamed me for all her problems, telling me to fuck off which is precisely what I did because I was also tired of dealing with all her bullshit.

a lot of people are shallow and immature. basically it won't work for normies. the guys here who had bad experiences with LDR are normies too.

you need a lot of trust in each other and you need to care a LOT for each other and love each other.

it can work.. but it's really hard. the thing is this:

LDR is sort of a quick way of telling whether a relationship could even work if it was normal. if it don't work LDR, it won't work normally either. only difference is how long it takes for both to realize it.

I've made my LDR work for 3 years now.. and it's really tough. but we care so much about each other that we don't even see "breaking up" as an option.