i have reached true enlightenment

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-FhhB9teHqU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

clicked first listen for me

clicked third listen

clicked before i even listened

Clicked reading this thread

clicked the first time i listened past frownland but knew of the album for years and just that song like a *pleb*

Clicked on the 3rd listen for me. But then it unclicked on the 5th listen and hasn't clicked again, listened 400 times since and nothing. Starting to consider giving up, I try to devote the time 3 or 4 days a week but it's becoming almost like a job, I just dread listening to it but have to sit in darkness paying 100% attention to it in hopes of getting the click. If I can't get it by the end of 2017 I might move on.

I think you just dont like it.

this

I feel like such a pleb. It hasn't clicked and my dad is always talking about seeing them in concert in the 70s/80s. Same with Heavy Weather, when he found it on my itunes he was incredibly happy with me.

youtu.be/-FhhB9teHqU
this may help

I don't think that's the issue, I'm kind of new to difficult music. Does anyone else take notes, study musical theory, etc. in order to achieve these early clicks? I think it might just be a mental block anyway, at this point I just dread listening to it and hate the experience, it's building up to be something bigger than it needs to be. I'm open to any other strategies/advice, just really want to get that click back. Honestly I'm starting to doubt I had the click on listen 3 and 4, maybe I was deluding myself just hoping to be patrician.

I think a better idea would be to listen to a shit ton of different albums, and then come back to it.

Your taste expands faster listening to a large amount of music instead of just focusing on the 1 album.

Doing this also helps you appreciate the ways it's different from all of the other albums you've listened to.

I don' wanna sound pretentious, but you must a musician to understand the musicianship on this album

just sounds like chaotic anti-music mixed with nonsensical spoken parts, what's not clicking for me?

Clicked before i was even conceived.

kek

Just listened to it for a 5624th time and I think it sucks again wtf

An innovative 8/10 that takes a while to click can easily trick you into thinking its a 10/10

Just ignore it. You're not going to like it. Just listen to other stuff that isn't Trout Mask Replica and come back to it later and you'll like it more. You don't have to like classics.

I just can't do that, I'm not a quitter. There's plenty of experimental shit I've digested and had the click with lately (Death Grips, Brockhampton, Converge). I'm going to regiment my listening a bit better and do some studying, I know the click will come back.

chick listen lard

It shouldn't take you that long to realize you like an album.

If it takes you any more than 5 listens for an album to 'click' then you probably don't like it.