Ivy

self control
seigfried
white ferrari

Solo (Reprise)

Self Control
Ivy
Nights

Fucking boring ass album. I put it on while drawing and completely forgot it was on up until 2 random points:
1) when one song ends, and someone is talking about a breakup (or something else to do with a bitch), and he sounded like Earl Sweatshirt
2) when Andre 3000 came out of fucking nowhere

notice how nether points had anything to do with Frank? Through disappointment, maybe i'm just not the "slow jam" type.

I'd recommend you give it a couple more listens. It was definitely an album that had to grow on me.

Skyline To

Self Control is just so fucking beautifully crafted I'm not even bothered by how gay the lyrics are.

As much as i love this song, it feels really weird being on the album

Maybe you're not a frank fan

Sounds like you have shit taste. The first half of the album is aces.
Frank is not for the pleb at heart.

pink + white for me
love the piano on that lne

It's not a slow jam album....

its an album to pay a lot of attention to
its more about texture and atmosphere than hooks and bangers

ivy

yes agreed, do you listen to the live version at all? It's replaced the studio one for me

White Ferrari

The texture? The Atmosphere? I don't know man, hearing some guy on a distorted microphone drown on about something I really don't care about over a spacey beat with overblown bass that has nothing but some airy guitars in the back and some faint weirdo-sample sounds planted over it to pretend it's more complex then it, is not "interesting".

And no, changing the pitch and tempo of your voice, repeating your vocals in short burts digitally, using a distorted mic, or adding a whole ton of reverb does not constitute "deep texture", nor does layering == "texture".

This actually isnt the first time Sup Forums has tried to convince me of this "fact". Art Angles, Night Dolls with Hairspray, Yeezus and TLOP, DAMN., and most of Daniel Johnson's and Death Grips discography all follow this same trend. You lot must think that because something is quirky in design, it's intricate in interesting in design, and that is the only way to truly enjoy it, but in reality, A album of quality will always have one record that is good, first listen, no exceptions. Blond does not have that.

And yes, I know, I came into a Frank thread knowing I didn't like the album. I Just felt like voicing my opinion, is all.
TL;DR: autism. I did listen to it though, in flac too.

yeah i went to fyf and saved an amateur recording in my library, i like the key he sings in better but i don't like how he adds yeayeah~ after every line. the last few verses sound like they stack to a conclusive end better than the studio though and i like how he sings that last DREAMING OF YOU part without the pitch. same w/ self control and nikes

overrated and redditor album.

>DUDE HE DIDN'T RELEASE MUSIC IN OVER 4 YEARS AND THE FIRST SONG WE HEAR HAS THIS FUNNY CHIMPMUNK VOICE FRANK IS TEASING US GUYYYSS XDD!!! xDDDD nikes is so good

>nikes is so good
word

who are you quoting with "interesting"? i didn't say that friendo. i think you have a lot of problems with the album outside of the actual music itself. almost like a canned response you already had written before coming into the thread.

also all of those things you described literally is the texture of the album, google the definition for the word.

P.S. i didn't say "deep texture"

P.S.S.
>A album of quality will always have one record that is good
what does this mean? i think you mistyped

imagine your life sinking to the point that you type this message willingly and with conviction

god, euthanize me before that ever happens please

nikes has a good beat to it

nights
white ferrari
pink + white

Just recently re-discovered Self Control, really love it

>and that [give it a couple more listens. It was definitely an album that had to grow on me] is the only way to truly enjoy it.

That's what I meant. And yes, this was a response I had built up after listening to this album awhile back and not enjoying it for similar reasons as the other albums I've mentioned. It's an ongoing trend in a variety of media that I understand, but don't like. I also used "record" to mean "song" in that questioned instance. You also didn't mention texture, but the one I mainly quoted did.

>Best
Ivy

>Runner-up
Pink + White

>Underrated
Pretty Sweet

>Overrated
Nikes

>Worst
Futura Free

the person you replied to with that post is me. the word texture is in my post. the words "interesting" and "deep texture" are not, yet you quoted them as if i or someone else in this thread said it when no one has.

Solo or White Ferrari.

aayyy

Nights definitely. It's peak Frank Ocean. The chord progression on the hook and how the song completely switches tone when he sings "Know you need the money..." It's so amazing. The vibe switches from a hopeful/sorta-feel-good tone to such a depressing/struggling one so fast.

And not to mention the 2nd part where he fucking kills it with that verse.

Skyline to is a close second.

i don't like you

self control but lately skyline to has been gaining ground

All these fucks saying Solo Reprise doesn't fit god damn your mommas raised you wrong

this tee bee haitch

fpbp