ITT: How many listens did Trout Mask Replica until it clicked for you

First listen for me AND I enjoyed it start to finish; is there something mentally wrong with me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-FhhB9teHqU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

that's awesome hahaha how old were you?

A couple of listens, bits at a time. The ones I kept coming back to were "When Big Joan Sets Up" and "The Blimp (mousetrapreplica)". Slowly but surely other tracks sorta began coming through. Love "My Human Gets Me Blues" and "Ella Guru", very angular, almost like math rock. Good stuff, not for everyone though.

2 or third can't remember

it's honesty not that inaccessible. I thought it was pretty coherent and not just a mess of notes on my first listen

I've heard it nine times and still think it's shit. It's not unlistenable to me anymore it's just bad.

>I listened to music AND enjoyed it guys!

Holy shit maybe something really is wrong with you

Maybe 5. I still don't feel the will to listen to it much but I never regret turning it on once I do.

it took me 1 listen to realize its trash and many more listens for me to realize its still trash

Clicked with me first time and I was also 16 (I'm 29 now). The only songs I didn't really care for were "China Pig" and "Veteran's Day Poppy" because they were too straight-forward.

same here

Just one, it's far from being an inaccessible record.

one listen to draw the opinion that i still have now (almost 10 years later)
that it's an incredibly mediocre, not that inaccessible album

also
best post

I had a friend who got me into lots of really weird experimental music, much more inaccessible then this. So I enjoyed this on first listen.

first or second time

took me a year to will myself past the first track. pretty good. Safe as Milk is better though

No, you're just a pretentious cunt who drones Scaruffi.

certainly took me a couple of listens - I loaned it from the library pretty much at random as a teenager in the 90's not knowing that it was a great classic or anything, but just because I saw from the cover that Frank Zappa had produced it and I'd just started to listening to a couple of Zappa albums so I really had no idea what I was getting into

5. It took me pretty long because I didn't really listen to Rock music during my first listens.

It's never enjoyed any part of it, and I've listened to it all the way through four times.

At first I enjoyed the lyrics but thought the the instrumentals were just random shit. But then I got high as fuck and listened to it and it all clicked into place and I could see that there was an actual logic behind the insanity.

Fast n bulbous tbph, got me?

the outro on veteran's day poppy is fucking garbage

started to like it after about 5

started to really like it after about 15

>get halfway though third track
>delete
>empty recycle bin

1, listened to it first probably around 17 or 18

I actually knew the song "orange claw hammer" since I was a young kid though (sometime in elementary school). Never disliked it, just thought it was strange and thought the whole album would be like that (although I think it's great in the context of the album). I think if you grow up with a variety of music the idea of inaccessible vs accessible music is pretty meaningless, it's all just music that may or may not appeal to you

Not really. it's one of the most accessible parts of the album though

This isn't that inaccessible honestly, its just that every song is sorta like a puzzle you need to complete to see how the melodies match up

I'm a pleb when it comes to making music and I was able to into it pretty quickly so I don't get why its considered so spork-in-penguin random and difficult

>not shift + deleting
user wtf you doing

I was linked this autism to get me to listen to it. youtube.com/watch?v=-FhhB9teHqU I still laugh at the first track