Now that the dust has settled, what do we think of this?

Now that the dust has settled, what do we think of this?

Other urls found in this thread:

vickychow.bandcamp.com/album/michael-gordon-sonatra
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>reads Infinite Jest once

It's the exact same sound they were putting out literally 10 years ago. How is it possible for artists to have so few ideas with so many years to create something new and inventive? Why are so many artists just one trick ponies?

>An Open Letter To James Murphy,
tonite and call the cops are just wow wow wow holy hell this shit is miraculous
Josh

there's a lot going on and I don't know what my opinion is going to be in five days or so but I like it a lot, it's punchier and more aggressive than their earlier stuff but simultaneously more introspective. it's also a lot more emotionally engaging, and it feels like a better overarching experience than SoS or This is Happening.

how do you sleep, oh baby, other voices, and the title track are GOAT

so guys what will the melon nitpick this time?

>too repetitive
>I liked 45:33 better
>light hints at Talking Heads, nothing original
>4.5/10

>waaahhhh too repetitive and not as tightly constructed as their earlier work
>ripping off other songs despite the fact that LCD's discography is heavily borrowed from other works
>it's messy waaahhh
>this doesn't... even... justify their return...*sobs into semen-stained blu-ray copy of The Long Goodbye*

I think he'll like it for the most part.

alternate cover

w/o text

almost done with 1st listen. its good

I feel like LCD could easily pull a Daft Punk Alive 2007 and mashup a bunch of their newer songs with similar older tunes:

> Oh Baby v. Home
> Other Voice v. Pow Pow/Yeah
> How Do You Sleep? v. Dance Yrself Clean
> Tonight v. You Wanted a Hit?
> Emotional Haircut v. Jump Into the Fire/No Love Lost
> Black Screen v. Someone Great

>> How Do You Sleep? v. Dance Yrself Clean

you'd probably have to get people to sign waivers before they do that

> How Do You Sleep? v. Dance Yrself Clean

So we all agree call the police is the best track right?

Album ends with American Dream. Emotional Haircut is the fun b-side, and black screen is Oscar-bait over the ending credits.

Doesn't he have a massive hard-on for LCD Soundsystem?

He didn't like the singles for this so far and is really butthurt about them returning

Looking forward to another album of Murphy talk-singing over a dance beat

me too, unironically

link meeee

Lmao people still listen to this retard's music?

STANDING ON THE SHORE
FACING EEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST

What does Sup Forums think of his beard?

>when the beat kicks in

SOTY

how do you sleep? is soty !!!!!!!!!

>There's more for you...

Fantano gonna eat his words

No one cares about Fantano

Dance Yrself Clean

it's alright

honestly I feel like lcd soundsystem is extremely overrated

Why would you care about this?

DUDE I'M OLD AND NOW COMPLETELY OUT OF IDEAS LMAO: The Album Electric Boogaloo Edition

James channeled the spirit of Bowie on this one. Some really special stuff.

How do you sleep is a SOTY contender. Album is the normal LCD soundsystem but depressed.

dance music for white hipsters

What an original opinion!

name 10 dj's on the circuit right now.

who gives a shit you pretentious fuck

typical white hipster.

as pretentious as it is he has a point you know

Only LCD would never work on an actual dance floor, even the more upbeat songs take too long to get going. Also how can you say songs like American Dream are dance music?

> ONE STEP FORWARD

AND 6 STEPS BACK

go to one of their shows, then come back here and try spewing this shit again. you don't know what you're talking about.

Of course people dance at their shows, but you can't just put on Dance yrself clean at a party and have it not be skipped before the 3 min mark. My point is that there is much more to LCD soundsystem than hispter dance music

dj snake
dj paypal
dj mastercard
dj spinn
dj spray
dj zero
dj WARLORD
dj manny
dj nate
dj earl
dj rozwell
dj tamiel
dj heavy d

want more?

has anyone got a link where i can stream/download it?

pleb band fronted by a music nerd ripping off better music and making it accessible for plebs

very boring album with one good songe with 'sleep' in title

mega nz/#!ktUwgaRb!hGdwqMBNbBX28NbXFOZJvp5PG3DMCXlHLU9pT4WjDGQ

literally just go to piratebay

i don't watch him anymore but somebody told me that he shat on call the police and american dream when they were released as singles.

tonite is the worst song ive heard this year, how does the album compare?

I once saw James Murphy perform a dj set back in 2011. There were hipsters and fags everywhere. Can't believe they sold out the first night of their tour in dc.

dj cambridge

dj mack

Do we have 320 yet?

If he does make all those points he'll be right. This is their weakest, most inconsistent album by far and people have every right to think it doesn't justify their comeback. Those fanboy goggles are blinding you.

wouldn't you be the one blinded by fanboyism? never been a big fan of LCD and this album sounds like, well, a new LCD album. if people liked their old ones I don't see why they wouldn't like this one.

It's ooook. They're one of my favorite bands and I really didn't give a shit when they reunited (unlike certain other people) but I really didn't want another album that was gonna be Talking Heads 1.5.

Welp, it's another TH album and there are definitely good songs, but it lacks everything that made early LCD Soundsystem albums. Hard to believe that it's the same band that put out Yeah or Movement or Disco Infiltrator.
How Do You Sleep? is by miles the best song, Black Screen by far the worst. How did James Murphy think ending this album on 12 minute plinkering would be a good idea? Jesus.

It's basically This Is Happening 2.0 - most songs tend to go in the American Dream or Call The Police direction. Tonite actually sticks out with its old school LCD vibes.

But I never said the fact that it does sound like an LCD Soundsystem album is the reason he may not like it that much. It's because it is, like you said originally, repetitive, messy and inconsistent. And those are valid criticisms.

>Tonite actually sticks out with its old school LCD vibes.
I got that feeling too but it felt like such a soulless spiritless version of that. Like wow dude, you just found out that musicians talk about tonite and 'now' because they're suicidal. Revelatory stuff. Idk it just lacks the energy that stuff like Losing My Edge had.

I'm not the one who said those things. I don't agree with that at all. Those criticisms are only valid if you can adequately describe what about the album is repetitive, messy and inconsistent, especially in relation to their past material. I'm guessing you can't.

The beat is very Tribulations-esque but yeah, the "This Is Happening" sound & production make it sound too clean.

To be fair he does know that

"I'm in no place to get it right
And I'm not dangerous now
The way I used to be once"

Why keep doing it? The "knows he's not as good as he once was" isn't endearing and doesn't exempt him from criticism just because he knows it's not as good

Because it's fun.

Because he still makes good music, it's just not the same, and he still enjoys it. Also money

please get higher standards by listening to more music. im sick of people thinking this kind of shit is good. i dont think you even know what the word good means. why is everyone so easily impressed by run of the mill shit these days? HAVE HIGHER STANDARDS SO MUSICIANS WILL ACTUALLY TRY AGAIN

I really enjoy it tho, I listen to a lot of music but I really like LCD's new music, just because it's not all Losing my Edge, it's different but not worse.

lol like we're on short supply of good music nowadays

we are
that's fine. i disagree

hey bud lighten up man

American Dream is bumming me out
I h8 being old
I want to go back to college

this
father john misty did the same shit on pc. and all the nu-males yapped it up

>artist admits he doesn't know shit
>audience wow so brave its okay i'll ignore how subpar this is because he told me he knows
dumbasses

People unironically think we are when they lose the drive to look for new music

Father John Misty is the epitome of everything wrong with music now. It's not fair to compare that talentless faggot to James Murphy (who actually pulled the ironic schtick off well in the mid 2000s)

t. AOTY from either richard dawson, blanck mass, keith rowe, milo, lambkin or brockhampton

all of those are meh.

>milo

Implying huge faggots can make respectable music

show me some impressive albums, i'm legitimately interested

How do you cast a net this wide and fail to catch anything?

vickychow.bandcamp.com/album/michael-gordon-sonatra

what a tool

bet he makes his bignosed master happy

>arca
>bowie
>bjork
okay

good on you for posting that whenever you can though can't wait to see people get triggered

>arca

>its the poptimist version of an Arca album
what

He's basically saying, like the VMAs, Arca is not good and writers don't really like it but they just sit through it and then talk about its importance.

It's fucking gross. This is coming from someone who loves hairy older men.

heeeeeeehehehe

It's always nice to drop by a board that you don't usually visit and see that it's not just your board, but that each board has their resident autists.

Anyhow, the album is great. Oh Baby, How Do You Sleep, American Dream, and Tonite were highlights for me.

Is this real?

SoS > AD > TIH > self titled

I really like the first half, but after Tonite it just loses steam.
Way better than I thought it'd be though.

did it leak? link?

see
It's real, 256kbps AAC though.

This is Happening > Sound of Silver > self titled > American Dream