ITT: 70s artists who survived the 80s

Starting with an easy one.

Talking Heads
ELO
that's all that I can think of

75%

Unlike John

The Cure, technically. Three Imaginary Boys was in 1979 and they were a band for a few years before that.

paul simon

Most of the 60s guys managed to be relevant through at least 1982, after which they definitively became dadrock.

Doesn't count when you came out at the very end of the decade, otherwise we'd claim Led Zeppelin is a 60s band because their first album of original material came out in the last two months of the 60s.

AC/DC

I love Bowie but his 80s output outside of Scary Monsters was trash. 70s, 90s, 00s and 10's Bowie is GOAT tho

Though amusingly enough, the only live tour Kate Bush ever did was in 1979 when her first album came out.

Dire Straits

Suicide basically predicted the 80's in the 70's if that counts

Black Sabbath, although they were basically on hiatus in mid-decade and the Tony Martin stuff is unknown to Americans.

Twisted Sister

Journey? Well, not after 83 anyway.

ayy

What exactly did they do after 1980 when they ran out of leftover Bon Scott songs?

Paul's 80's work is good. Paul had a consistently good solo career, much better than john's. George's comes close and Ringo is but a meme

hall and oates of course

KISS...they did and then didn't. They totally fell off the radar in the early 80s, then came back after dropping the makeup, but also lost their identity as a band and became just one in a sea of faceless LA spandex metal bands.

Billy Joel

Too big to die. But damn it he tried.

Genesis

>inafter everyone names late 70's bands or early 70's ones that turned to shit after the beginning of the 80's.

I agree. Artists who started during the Carter years shouldn't count.

TEMPORARY

King Crimson

Elton John, sort of