Why is Haiti so much worse than the rest of the Caribbean nations in terms of poverty and development?

Why is Haiti so much worse than the rest of the Caribbean nations in terms of poverty and development?

Other urls found in this thread:

state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/1982.htm
napawash.org/wp-content/uploads/2006/06-04.pdf
lenouvelliste.com/lenouvelliste/article/164156/En-finir-avec-le-blabla-sur-la-malediction
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Génocide_franco-français
histoire-pour-tous.fr/histoire-de-france/4119-un-genocide-vendeen-.html
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratonnades_de_1973
twitter.com/AnonBabble

French and niggers. Case closed.

>Haiti had to pay a massive sum of money (with fucking interest) to France exchange for having their independence recognized
>find out that it took almost a century to pay off this debt
>they ended up cutting down all their forests to export timber and agricultural products to pay the French (and this is also why Haiti's environment looks like shit compared to the Dominican Republic right next door)
>20th century was rife with political instability (American military occupation, followed by successive unstable or oppressive governments)

Hm that's fucked. Damned extortionate frogs

God's punishment for killing his chosen people

I mean, you did enslave them

No whotes

Fuck the frogs.

No, just niggers.

>killing
>enslaving

It was called the "Pearl of the Caribbeans" under us not it is called "shithole"

>not it is called "shithole"
now it is called "shithole"

>It was called the "Pearl of the Caribbeans"
Yeah sure, a bunch of sugar plantations full of niggers is for France the pearl of the Caribbeans.

>revisionist cuck propoganda
>leaf

not surprised

America and France keep fucking them over

Are his claims untrue?

1. Go back to your containment board.
2. Open a container of Zyklon-B.

Pick one.

Yes. America has spent literally hundreds of billions trying to get Haiti on track. Corruption and uneducated populace fucked it up every time. Him blaming France is just fucking ridiculous, let alone America.

>everyone who disagrees with my ignorance is a Nazi

ok then

Present some evidence or fuck off

fuck off niggers

Haiti was never a colony, it was a sugar factory that used slaves in massive scale.
like 400.000 black slaves with 16.000 Frenchmen working as bosses and supervisors (with whips).
Extremely profitable perhaps, but it wasnt a colony with institutions like those of Spanish America and the 13 colonies (as different as they were).

France ignoring their blatant colonialist policy , boy what a surprise

It's basic history open a fucking textbook

>colonialism

implying that black were natives

you're the real colons there

apologize to Amerindians

apologize

political unstability as in most poor countries of the World.

No.

>Haiti's debt
After Haiti's revolution, France demanded that Haiti pay restitution for independence. Even after France lowered this amount, Haiti didn't make the final payments until well into the 20th century. This is not revisionism at all, as there are actual financial records of it. France even stated in recent years that it did not intend to repay Haiti all that money.

Just for some perspective: Haiti's current external debt is around $2 billion. Given the length of time it took to pay it off, it's hard to put an exact figure on how much Haiti paid in today's dollars, but it's estimated to be around $20 billion.

>cutting down forests to help pay off the debt
Haiti's economy was primarily agricultural. Pound-for-pound, it was one of the richest colonies of the New World because of it's massive output of sugarcane. However, industrialization reduced the price of sugar and with much less economic clout, Haiti began exporting timber and other agricultural products to France. In addition, Haitian society was unequal even after independence, and while the good arable land was used for cash crops, poor Haitians ended up farming in the hillsides, exacerbating the deforestation problem.

>political instability in Haiti
If you have even cursory knowledge of Haiti, you already know this. They've had coup d'etats, dictatorships, and corrupt governments up to the 2000s.

OP asked why Haiti is much worse off than other Caribbean nations. I explained why. Because Haiti receives aid now and the US built some infrastructure when they occupied it, that means all the above didn't happen? Ironically, as an obvious Sup Forumsfag, you haven't even read the sticky over there. Stop the strawman arguments.

There are plenty of Caribbean countries with uneducated niggers and corrupt governments. You're not adding anything to the discussion with your posts.

I didn't call you a Nazi. I told you to go back to Sup Forums or open a container of Zyklon-B (to put an end to your shitposting).

Thanks for an actual explanation, I am tired of Sup Forumstards just screaming "cuz niggers".

We keep money to the people in power. It doesn't help the citizens.

Also, you made the claim that America spent hundreds of billions on Haiti. Where are you getting your numbers from?

~$4.7 billion total from 2010-2017
state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/1982.htm

~$1.5 billion total from 1990-2005
napawash.org/wp-content/uploads/2006/06-04.pdf

Are you including what America invested in Haiti during the military occupation? I'd like to see those numbers.

Then it wouldn't be hard to find some evidence

Having met quite a few Haitians in my life, I'm honestly quite tempted to say that it's because of their culture. All they ever fucking do is blame others. "muh occupation, muh colonialism, muh France, muh USA, muh Dominican Republic". Instead of realizing that maybe there's a thing or two they could improve, all they fucking do is play the victim card. I've even encountered one Haitian who was blaming fucking Brazil.

They are quite literally "Dindu nuffin: the country".

>a bad post
>Australia Jr.

not surprised

CIA. We installed 5 junta governments there as in the rest of South America.

>blaming USA instead of themselves

That's literally every LatAm cunt.

those are billion figures you posted so I don't understand what you are arguing

They're aware of it
lenouvelliste.com/lenouvelliste/article/164156/En-finir-avec-le-blabla-sur-la-malediction

>hundreds of billions

Dear Haiti:
Fuck off, we're full

Regards
Chile

This

>g-g-guys i have inmigration problems!! l-look at me!!

DELETE THIS SLANDER NOW!

APOLOGIZE FOR INDIAN GENOCIDE

Fucking this

Hon hon shut it down, gentil

t. Nido

We don't want your people in Antofagasta either Manuel.

Serves them right, fuck haiti.

YOU FIRST
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Génocide_franco-français
histoire-pour-tous.fr/histoire-de-france/4119-un-genocide-vendeen-.html
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratonnades_de_1973

>Reynald Secher, né le 27 octobre 1955 à Nantes
>Nantes
à la poubelle

>Americans violently fight for freedom
>become close friends and allies with the UK

>Haitians violently fight for freedom
>France demands Haiti pay billions of dollars of illegitimate debt (if Britain demanded the same of us, we would have burned London to the ground)
>Haiti pays every cent to France and does everything they ask
>the French still hate Haiti

Why are frogs bastards?

In 1804 they killed all the whites (including women and children) and suddenly a bunch of illiterate slaves whose entire skillset was "lifting stuff" had control of an entire country.

It's kind of a cuntish thing to say they should have remained slaves but they should have remained slaves.

No It's the French fault. All your colonial holdings have became sad jokes (especially quebec)

>Quebec
>joke

Pick one, faggot.

See

Oh yeah I need to put in a punchline
The habs

RoC is the joke
Toronto maple leafs