Fags on fit are all about muh muscles. Thinking about getting a membership at an indoor climbing gym to get in shape...

Fags on fit are all about muh muscles. Thinking about getting a membership at an indoor climbing gym to get in shape? Anyone with experience? Can you strength, flexibility, and cardio?

Why do rock climbing over other exercises? Do you enjoy it much more?

I personally tansitioned from lifting to bouldering but I think that yes to all that you listed...

I'm about 200lbs, and seems like a skinny guy's sport, so that's little intimidating too.

The novelty of it honestly. I'm tired of the gym.

Was it an easy transition? What do you weigh?

>200lbs
hmmmm thats quite a lot... if you have no strength to begin with... youre fucked

Nice view of the mountains. I bench over 300 lbs so not weak just bulky at 5'11". Prob 15% body fat.

it helps you from the begining but on the other hand you dont have to practice technique that hand and this will hit you in the long run...

I have from 75-80kg dependent on the life period and that a bit too much for climbing...

>5'11"
yeah 5'11" and 200lbs its fine but not very good for climbing...

Also, I have shit technique so didn't really feel like I got a legit workout when I tried on a free pass. Just kept fumbling and falling. I'm thinking some skill development would lead to a better workout? Idk. Maybe I'd be fucked

Makes sense.

you dont climb to workout but workout to climb...

for example how you want to do a leg workout with climbing? you cant....climbing is upper body thing...

Shit. I was afraid somebody would say that. Makes sense, but I'm just so burnt out on the gym I'm looking for something else to lean out and get better cardio and flexibility

do yoga then...

Thought about that too. Feel like such a bulky stiff fuck in class though. I need to ditch the ego.

The shame....

>bulky stiff fuck
yeah thats because you are... lifting does this...but I get you I had the same feelings and thats why I started bouldering and over time transitioned to it completely and now I dont work out at all (not counting the workout after climbing)

I think I'll skip the membership and get a punch pass to give it a fair shot. Thanks for the input.

So, there's a free weight area at your climbing gym?

you welcome...you are probably the first guy that thank me for something on Sup Forums

there are some weights but climbing is about your own weight and how you work with its so you do thing just with your body mostly...