Nine Inch Nails thread

Nine Inch Nails thread
Discuss that shit fellas

I recently rediscovered Ghosts I-IV. Holy shit what a great ambient album

what do Sup Forums think about Ron Zertnert?

it's comforting to know Trent still has his best in him

This

Preach

OP, are you less than?

Holy shit have I been sleeping on this album

Trent's second-best behind The Downward Spiral, imo.

>TDS
>best
come on user, be more original

I don't think I've ever known a band so much better live it takes on it's own entity.

So what are you waiting for?
You got what you asked for
Did it fix what was wrong with you?
Are you less than?
Go and look what you gone done
Welcome oblivion
Did it fix what was wrong with you?
Are you less than?
Kino track.
Love this album. The ARG was awesome too.

This, this late into career and Trent still manages to surprise me and impress me.
Fuck yeah, this is a great album.

Anyone noticing a theme here now that we are bringing up Year Zero? If Trent has a concept/story behind an album, it tends to be the best, same goes for his EP trilogy, the reason why is it so great is because it has a such a great fucking focus.

I liked Not the Actual Events slightly more but they are both great EPs
Hell yeah this and PHM are my favorite NiN albums.

how come trent is releasing some of his best stuff in his career in his 50s? the fuck

He's got the help of Atticus Ross too which is amazing.

I mean, he has been getting it ever since With_Teeth, from then Atticus was pretty much in every single NIN studio record, right?
But perhaps, Atticus has more of an effect in the EPs hence why Trent decided to make him a member, either way. I think NIN has the most respectable discography, there isn't a single bad album in there.

lol i remember a decade when there was all that parepin in the water supply. good times!

Shit yeah you're right forgot he worked on older stuff.

This. And the idea of just making up stuff on the fly and not overthinking anything is also cool.

He's probably more experienced now. He's been doing all the movie scores, HTDA, Niggy Stardust.

Do you guys think its still worth pursuing industrial music in this era? I love that NIN sound and am tempted to try my hand at the genre, but I'm not sure how dated it would sound at this point.

Why is he a douchey fuck that calls his records "halos" like some faggit?

It's worth if you want to make industrial hip hop.

So it's easier to categorize. He never calls his albums by halo numbers.

>all these replies saying they love this album
Wow times change, I remember when everyone would shit on YZ and say it was one of if not the worst NIN album. Personally it's my favorite.