Can we get a serious discussion about the wage gap between male and female athletes?

Can we get a serious discussion about the wage gap between male and female athletes?

>Do you think it exists?

>Do you think it is justified due to different performance?

>What are the pros and cons?

>Do you think the hole will grow bigger as the wages spread wider apart?

>gap
>spread wider apart

ARBY'S
R
B
Y'
S

Post the roast

>tfw Arby's will never bring back the 5 for $5

kek

>>Do you think the hole will grow bigger as the wages spread wider apart?

top kek mein friend

roast it

there shouldn't be female athletes at all

>Do you think it exists?
Yes
It is justified due to the different revenues
The main pro is that it stops womens sports from going tits up due to overbudgeting
You can't spread hope's hole further open

Don't fucking post it.

If you draw more, you get paid more.

Women's pro and amateur sports mostly don't draw, but the money should go where they do.

In all seriouness, the wage doesn't depend of how well the player does in comparasion to all the other players in the world, it's the market.

You could spend every minute of your time mastering the art of open doors, making more effort than Messi or Ronaldo, yet you would never have the same wage as 3rd/4th tier semi-pro player, because no one will give money for it.

It's simple math for the female and male players. There is $10 in money income for female that can be used in wages, for males is $10000, simply because people pay more for it

DON'T POST IT

Why is everything greentexted
>Do you think it exists?
Yea ofc
Justified due to how much men bring in compared to women. For example, if the US Women's national team brings in more money than the men's national team than they should get higher bonuses than the men. If vice versa, the men should get higher bonuses.
?
Probably, unless women's sports get better

Also, please don't post it

is this the funposting general?

But who caused that gap, lads?

post it

Checked. Also feelsbadman. That deal was amazing.

You make what you draw as an entertainer

this dumb bitch aint drawing NO DIMES
so this dumb bitch AINT GUNNA MAKE NO DIMES

>>Do you think it exists?

No, everyones paid what someone thinks they're worth

>>Do you think it is justified due to different performance?

Yes

>>What are the pros and cons?

PROS: No one watches women sports
CONS: Since they're paid less people will complain for publicity and to be seen fighting for something (aka looking for free money)

The football bubble will hopefully pop soon

no it's justified not due to performance but due to revenue. I'll just base this on football since it's in your picture:

Women sell no jerseys, ticket games and no one watches their leagues on tv so they don't attract as much sponsors and they can'T sell adds during their halftimes on TV.

that's all money they do not generate that men do generate and that reflects heavily in their salary

>ticket games
game tickets

I do think it exists. Female tennis champions earn the same for a 3 set match as men do for a 5. Something needs to be done.

gender separaion was conceived to help female athletes. if football was unisex even the best women wouldn't be able to compete.

there is no wage gap. there is an income gap. wages are paid according to the amount of money your workforce can potencially make for the company. therfore there is no gap. women get paid what they deserve to be paid

there is an income gap. but is justified as a woman cannot perform at the same level as a man can (shoot as acurately, jump as high, etc.)

there are no pros or cons. it is what it is.

>vietnam flashbacks

>Yes. Because male sports brings in more revenue.
>Yes. Also see above.
>FA's could go bankrupt paying women more money than they're bringing in. That's a con.
>Don't know.

Isn't womens soccer already subsidized? If anything the women are overpaid.

It exists because performances are worse, but they aren't worse because women are inferior but because they just got into sports a copule decades ago, while men have been competing since the ancient Greeks

THE

ROAST

ROAST

This kind of shit is what lost a bunch of mens sports in universities for womens sports, since the basketball and football teams subsidize womens softball

TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

post it i wanna fap

>Do you think it exists?
obviously, female athletes are payed less because their teams make/have less money than male sports teams

It's justified by the free market

of what? having a wage gap?

the wage gap isn't growing - it's closing. how much do you think women atheltes got payed compared to men 50 years ago lol

I mean you posted the nips which will get you banned. Might as well post the roast.

>It's justified by the free market
>a leaf
pick two?

since when are nips nsfw? it's the fucking 21st century god darnit

I just watched a French movie with a girl who looked just like her and fucked an African immigrant.

>french woman
>fucks immigrant

what's new?

I like how the white broad takes her sweet time getting to the rope to just look up

Your citizenship, Xiao.

Where'd he imply the chick was French?
>the city of you in charge of reading comprehension

your citizenship, Arda.

you are right. could have been a german girl from colonia being "seduced" by a morccan stalion.

>ayy lmao

The wit of the French and the taste of the British. Fucking leaflets.

She is an artist of the meats.

I am devastated mehmet, please stop!

I looked her up, the resemblance isn't as big as I thought. The movie was "Samba". It literally made me hate white Europeans.

When you stare into the Abyss sometimes the dark Abyss stares back. Ready to envelope you in its dark folds.

no they are worse because women are physically inferior when It comes to sports. in 500 years women still wont be able to compete with men in any physical sports.

500 years is still too little time

Men have been doing it for 3 complete milleniums, while women were allowed to compete just 4 or 5 decades ago

>Do you think it exists?
Obviously.
Commercial performance to be precise, which is related to complex problems that'll be fixed in couple decades.
The same you get with free market. Wage gap is a problem in other sectors but when it comes to entertainment it makes no sense to try paying people similarly.
Just the opposite. Once automatisation kills most jobs and society advances away from sexist bullshit, more people will have the time and interest in female athletes.

mods?

>Do you think it exists?
Very great questions, I do think said gap is very real and very exists, the gap is very huge and very noticeable, it's the most noticeable gap there is, and this gap is a huge gap, it's a really gargantuan gap and nobody doing anything to fill this gap, nobody - so somebody should do something about this gap because otherwise this huge gap will only grow wider and more vicious with time this huge gap, it will happen that to it and we should avoid it very strongly.

I do think the performance contributes to the gap, the gap is great and should be diminished - the performance is great, no gap, no gap there, but there is a huge gap, the wage gets a gap, unavoidable and should be fixed quickly and fastly, there is such a very unfair great gap, everybody has seen it, nobody loves it, everybody wants it extinct.

The gap, no pros, you look at the gap, not a good gap, this is a very awful gap, very unfair gap - perhaps the worst gap in the history of gaps, nobody is doing anything to fix this gap, not even the government, many women want this gap closed, I'd close it, you'd close it, every responsible person closes it, how? very easy, we close it so easily, their wage gets better, much, much better.

The hole should be diminished, the gap is the grandest, we need to close this gap and diminish this gap and we should do it fastly because, you look at women, they have great gaps, they have the biggest holes known to men and it's such a great unfair gap and it needs to be fixed - very quickly in my opinion.

>newfag morons actually thinking the OP wanted a discussion

literally kys you faggots

when these bitches don't lose by more than 10 goals to the mens sub 17 then we can talk

Finally somebody understands the concerns of the little people and tells it how it is!

So nobody is going to be a hero?

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

I met hope solo. She came into my job once. I might have insulted here because I said she looked like hope solo the soccer player (my coworkers were saying she looked familiar). She was like oh I am hope solo. All I could of was that I have gazed upon her moldy beef flaps. I took a lot of willpower to not tell her that I've seen her roast beef special, it helped I was worried her boyfriend would heem me

IF I SEE THAT PUSSY ONE MORE DAMN TIE

underrated post

I mean, so, whats the solution here:

Women should be paid millions of dollars and cripple their leagues?

or

Men should get paid fuck all and so no-one even bothers?

>

>>Do you think it exists?
I mean it's factual that women athletes are typically paid less. If you are asking if it exists as a practice of discrimination, then I don't think so. I think, like everything else, it's about how much profit your employees are bringing in.

>>Do you think it is justified due to different performance?
As above, it's justified due to women's sports pulling in less money. That usually is due to lower performance, but even if they somehow did perform equally it would still boil down to profits. If you are questioning the actual existence of a performance differential, it's pretty evident. There's a reason that no women are in the NFL, MLB, NBA, etc., despite there being no rule against women being in any of these organizations.

>>What are the pros and cons?
Well the pro is that without the wage differential women's professional sports wouldn't exist. I guess the con is SJWs complaining about it.

I'm not sure what this is asking honestly.

Athletes aren't payed for performance they are paid for marketability.

Tim Tebow doesn't exist and the Mets still pay him money.

i keked

>USMNT has greater market
>Male players are paid more

Wow really makes me think.

70+ replies and nobody posted the roast yet?

>That feel when no Hope Solo flapping up and down your dick while she violently beats you.
Why even live?

Where is it?

Where is what?

To be really fair
Women get INSANELY overpayed relative to their athletic performance
Boy teams in the postpubescent age groups (13 and up) win against the female teams all the time, but the kids never get any airtime at all

SAVAGE
A
V
A
G
E

They are more flexible than man, at least for gymnastics and skating there should be

P O S T

Surprised this wasn't a swede or a leaf but all three of you are the same.

When women's football can sell out 60,000 seat stadiums week in, week out then a discussion on wage fairness could be had.

We all know 98% of male footballers are overpaid fairys but people don't want feminism entering their sport

it definitely exists, when it comes to wage gap revenue are you talking about the national teams or the private league teams?

the national teams gap exists because they don't have to compete with high pay from th private leagues that would either be happening at the same time or encourage their athletes to not participate in injury prone activities in the offseason.

in private leagues it's because they make way less because people aren't willing to pay to watch a worse version of a sport that men play

that's because you are not paid on athletic performance, neither are men, it's also about, are people interested in watching you ? Yes ? can you monetize it ? TV deals, selling stuff like shirts , etc , that's how you see Pogba being sold for ludicrous amount of money when he is not a 100M player based on his football skills, that said he sells merchandise like microsoft sells windows

>You now remember that based Blatter already asked for Volleyball-like outfits in women's football to attract bigger sponsors from the cosmetics industry over a decade ago

The beef?