Motor/sp/ort - Too lazy for an Edition

NASCAR Xfinity Series and Cup Series at Auto Club Speedway

>NASCAR announces 7/8" restrictor plate package for Xfinity Indianapolis race like that used at Daytona and Talladega
>SHR appeals Childers ban on No. 4 and the penalty assessed for an """illegal trackbar assembly""" at Phoenix

Friday, March 24
>NXS final practice, FS1 1700 ET/2100 UTC
>NCS Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 1905 ET/2305 UTC
Saturday, March 25
>NCS practice, FS1 1130 ET/1530 UTC
>NXS Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 1230 ET/1630 UTC
>NCS final practice, FS1 1430 ET/1830 UTC
>NXS Race NXS 300 (150 laps, 300 miles), FS1 1600 ET/2000 UTC
Sunday, March 26
>NCS Race Auto Club 400 (200 laps, 400 miles), FOX 1530 ET/1930 UTC

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ua-p3Q4Pj-w
youtube.com/watch?v=tU9iCWudmCk
youtube.com/watch?v=tFGk1mXLumA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Hoots on the Back Straight. Put it out

youtube.com/watch?v=Ua-p3Q4Pj-w

>tfw texas could be the lowest rated race in the last decade and a half

I'd kek if COTA's pitch for a Cup race was accepted because TMS's ratings are in the toilet.

>the city of eddie gossage

Larson likely has this race in the bag.

How is he gonna fuck that up this week?

KWL

The biggest motorsport this weekend is pic related

Okay

I know
Watch f1 all night
Watch /turn left/ all day

Very comfy

fuck off to your general but nascar is shit. I thought there was more this weekend. nothing to watch

You mean the biggest money sink in motorsport.

I'm hoping the new cars might actually make things more competitive on the track, but it looks like it's probably going to be another "single team dominates the entire season" year, and if that's the case, I'm not going to waste any time on F1.

V8 supercars are pretty based, though, and they're racing this weekend too.

>wake up at 3am to watch ruskies drive around in their airplane cars
>single file racing in line for 75 laps
>cars are going fast so I'm expected to be impressed
>maybe two or three passes the entire race
>any contact whatso ever will wipe out the entire field and fans
>same guy wins that won the last 8 races
>doesn't even care about winning since he already has a 10/10 smoking model wife and is a millionaire
>only people who care about the sport are poors who live in the slums of the country of the guy/car that won
>still ten times more popular than /turnleft/

it's not fucking fair lads

>>>/F1/

>The English language FIA World Endurance Championship broadcasts will have new voices, with Martin Haven, Toby Moody and three-time 24 Hours of Le Mans winner Allan McNish confirmed in the revised TV talent lineup.
>They replace John Hindhaugh, who has been the voice of the WEC since its inception, and returns to radio coverage.
>Graham Goodwin set to return, although in a yet-to-be-detailed role.
Wew

I like this livery. Cars without sponsors should never look plain.

trash

>tfw no Hindhaugh

Haha time for spaghetti qualifying

>FRR

McNish is cool but man that's going to be such a boring and sterile production. FIA manages to always remove any sense of fun from anything. Not saying Hindy is always great but FIA productions blow nuts.

why does the truck schedule have to be so shitty

have to accommodate the cup schedule

BASED LARSON

LARGOAT

>Lar2on

>he thinks larson will actually win

Inb4 Larson leads the entire race only to have Harvick pass him on the last lap

Cucklin btfo

>it's going to be a "Larson is leading until brushing the wall and getting passed late" episode

Miss you, Tim...

K&N Series at Tuscon tape delay broadcast on NBCSN right now

Is Todd Gillialand like Ryan Blaney

Next driver to come up and be more talented then their father

Why doesn't NAPA just sponsor the whole series?

I've had a thought in my head for a bit and I want to share it: How popular is NASCAR going to be with Generation Z?

Millenials are a lost cause because they're into flashier sports like soccer and basketball and were taught that cars were evil, but when you consider that all the kids who grew up with the Cars movies are starting to come of age, NASCAR has its own show on Nickelodeon, and now you've got this racing-themed Mickey Mouse show on Disney's channels, how many of those kids who grew up with these do you think are going to become race fans?

Hard to say, he's been in A+ equipment in every race he's ever run.

NASCAR died when Dale did

Probably because of K&N

I want to know who will sign Todd Gilliland when he turns 18. That will determine how his career progresses.

I like him going to Ford and driving for Penske. Anything but KBM/Gibbs/Toyota.

Penske's gonna be a little full with Blaney and Cindric. I could see SHR grabbing him because I don't think any of their Cup drivers will be there more than 5 more years, but I think he will probably wind up with KBM unless he's one of the young guys Kyle screws

SHR is kinda fucked because they don't really have a driver developer program and had to knock together one very quickly for Cole Custer (Who has a few years of Xfinity before he's ready and had an OK Truck season last year) and Gilliand would be the same in that they would have to get him into equipment and take a few years to get him to Cup level. They were well behind other teams on that and KBM beat them to it. I'd imagine he's gonna stay KBM and progress to Gibbs unless Kylel fucks up hard and gets fired from JGR after one more incident

>restrictor plates at indy
>they are considering doing it in the cup series next year at Indy Pocono and Michigan

It's like they really do want to kill the sport. I don't get Michigan becuase it has always been a decent race. Pocono has been ok and usually has good strategy.

Pocono has such a strange shape that they use road course gear rules for it, and now they want to add restrictor plates?

There's a long list of drivers KBM and Gibbs development program have fucked over though, good ones too. Kyle and their other Cup drivers winning minor league races comes first and foremost, they know they can poach free agents from other teams to fill Cup seats. Sometimes I think Gibbs cares more about racking up minor league trophies than his actual Cup program. Certainly more than he cares about developing young talent. Before Jones and Suarez you have to go allt he way back to Logano for the last time they fully developed a driver, and even then they fucked him up

This weekend is the MotoGP Qatar GP too

VLN is on as well.
youtube.com/watch?v=tU9iCWudmCk

Sweet thanks. Easily my favorite track. Looking forward to the 24h in a couple of months too.

Break the Falken curse

TRD has a long, LONG list of drivers that they're sizing up that are all still teenagers. If they're propped up through the low levels. KBM/JGR won't have any problem finding talent.

>insert original joke about them making left turns here

Happy Birthday Danica!

>cupdriverwinslol

>Kryle starting in row 8

It's her birthday? Huh, I just saw a tweet saying it was Dale Jr's wife's birthday, too. Neat coincidence.

Larson killed his cup car in typical fashion in happy hour just now

Just telling you the facts mate

Nascar looks quite cool I guess, never really watched it. They don't show it over here

>nothing to watch
>start of a new F1 season
>brand new cars with way higher downforce
>mercedes are actually threatened by ferrari this time so there will be competition
>and lewis has a new teammate so there's a new competition there as well
>and there is bound to be at least one crash since lance stroll is so shit and he will inevitable cause an accident
Mate

Ferrari are closer this year than anyone has been the last two years, at least that's what quali today made it look like

Yeah V8 supercars are cool. I might watch some of that. Maybe.

The races tommorow at autoclub is always a good one.
The track has low banking on the curves so you can have drivers hugging the apron and other guys alll the way against the wall on the wall.

Larson has the pole and will inevitably fuck it up and get passed on the final lap

>restrictor plates at Pocono

The fuck?

this basically

Monster Energy is the only thing that can save us
They need to push back against Brian France and advocate for more road courses
Hopefully this rumor of NASCAR running the road course at Indy and the infield road course for the 2nd Charlotte race comes true

Only 2 cars qualified within .5 of the lead car, and one was the other Merc. That's not a good sign, and everybody from P6 to last were at least a second and a half slower or more, which means there is absolutely zero competition from any of them....which is pathetic when F1 is supposed to be the premiere series.

Hopefully the Ferrari's can actually keep up, but it looks like it's probably going to be another "Mercedes dominates the entire season" year, which will suck, and means I won't waste my time on it. Nice to see Fatjohn land a P6 for Haas, though.

Regardless, the competition is what makes NASCAR an enjoyable series for me. You look at the quals, and half the field is within a second of the lead car, and on some tracks, within half of second of that lead car. That parity allows for passing on the track, and pit strategy that shakes up the field keeping it interesting, and that's what racing is about, IMO.

From what I have seen, Indy sent out a letter to ticket holders from last year asking what they think of using the road course. I don't see how it could be bad although Indy Road Course isn't my first choice of tracks in the area (ORP pls).

Charlotte road would need some revamping becuase the track comes out the infield into pitroad then into the front straight of the oval beore going back into the infield. Unless the events had no pit stops they have to make a new exit to the front straight more towards turn 3-4 and that cant happen until atleast 2018 from what I heard.

But honestly what the fuck is stopping them from Daytona road (yeah I know 3 trips to daytona) Road Atlanta, Road America, Mid Ohio, Watkins Glen Boot, Lime Rock, COTA's V8SC Track, Sebring Club, VIR North, VIR South.

Let's not even start with short tracks

XFINITY thread:

>Daytona road (yeah I know 3 trips to daytona)
Or the June race is 400km on the road course
>Road Atlanta
Maybe not enough seating, also its right beside another Bruton Smith track so GL
>Road America, Mid Ohio
Sure
>Watkins Glen Boot
Wouldn't race much different than the short, maybe one extra brake zone with ~30sec added to lap time
>Lime Rock, Sebring Club, VIR North, VIR South.
lol safety and seat count all around there
>COTA's V8SC Track
If you're doing COTA just do the full fucking thing

also regarding the boot - WGI is the only race on the schedule that ACTUALLY sells out these days, and the boot is used a campground that weekend. if they ran the boot they would be hurting attendance.

Same argument for (or is it against?) the infield road courses, which are all camping during oval events.

fuck nascar, f1, and canadian lowlife dogshit from /o/

Sprint car driver Dave Steele died in a crash tonight. Never heard of him personally but apparently was a big deal.

He was a big-time star in open-wheel. Used to race in IndyCar too.

Also had a very brief career in the Busch Series.

>Dave Steele
rip.

youtube.com/watch?v=tFGk1mXLumA

Those sprint cars kill people every year. You'd think they'd look into modifying the seats, or some shit.

I like to watch racing, not people getting killed racing.

There's been some long-form pieces on grassroots racing safety and a lot of fatalities are caused in part by people not using the proper safety equipment. In Jason Leffler's case, the seat didn't quite fit him but he chose to race anyway and it compromised him when he crashed.

I think if more people were educated on safety at that level you'd see less people getting killed. Unless you get hit in the cockpit like Bryan Clauson did, in which case you're fucked.

Yeah a lot of that shit is dangerously unregulated, and then freak accidents like Clauson or Ward happen.

Sprints and Indycar are the only forms of motorsport where that kind of shit really happens anymore, and in one it is entirely inexcusable.

Seems like most of the racing deaths are coming in Sprint cars these days. Sucks.

>>Watkins Glen Boot
>Wouldn't race much different than the short, maybe one extra brake zone with ~30sec added to lap time

And a caution for every car that runs out of gas near the bus stop as they have almost no chance of making it back to the pits.

feels so good

I don't get the Logano hate. I mean I guess his dead's a faggot, but that's not his fault. Beyond that him and Brad love to rustle JGR's jimmies which I like.

That Xfinity race was fantastic yesterday. Kinda wish Kryle had a better short run car so we coulda seen him Logano and Larson all battle it out. Love the way the track favors the better drivers.

>And a caution for every car that runs out of gas near the bus stop as they have almost no chance of making it back to the pits.

I hold out some hope that teams wouldn't run so low on the longer course.

You could only really get away with doing Oval infields if the attendance is lower cause of Camping or there is extended camping facilities like Daytona has.

>Lime Rock

Has a huge NIMBY problem with local residents as well. Sorta like Brands Hatch. They can only do a few weekends a year

>If you're doing COTA just do the full fucking thing

COTA has floodlights around the entire track as well so they could run it day or night though if they want to run a full course, the section between 12 and 19 might be tricky for a heavy as fuck Cup Car.

Gossage might be mad but fuck him. TMS has been continually the lowest rated and only Indy Cars seem to get a good race in there. COTA would be perfect if they want to try the midweek Race pitch as well.

Only caught highlights, but lelgano being blocked by Spencer Gallagher being a mad man on the final restart was kek worthy as well.

Does anyone miss the CoT?

>every impact that caused a spin led to a flip
Did they even test the wing in a windtunnel at any angle other than straight?

I miss the Alabama Gang

Just watched a couple phonecam-on-youtubes of it. My two take-aways were:
1) Open side of the car hit flat against the bare concrete wall.
2) Just via 'recommended' sidebar on YT deaths in sprint cars aren't the slightest bit rare.

It's because race fans are petty as shit.

it's coming home la

More like Alabama Gang of Faggots

>Everyone's expecting the crowd to boo Blaney because he called Dale a dick on the scanner last week

Race fans, y'all. At least Junior is having fun with it cause he's a huge supporter of Blaney and knows he didn't mean it so they have been having a bants war all week.

careful, cale

>based Cale taking on those damn dirty Allisons all alone

Bobby Allison pulled a pretty sweet single leg takedown.

Cale got his ass beat tbqh

>bobby keeping his helmet on like a coward and not swinging it around like a weapon

Where's the race?

Mikey dubs confirm almost time for /turnleft/

i miss when prototypes weren't ass ugly hybrid space ships with huge ugly fins

I haven't watched this in close to 2 decades what the fuck is this stupid stage bullshit and why do they have to ruin everything