You play an instrument? Why aren't you in a band?

>You play an instrument? Why aren't you in a band?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/q-qfW1UL-vQ?t=26m18s
youtube.com/watch?v=zsCDVawMemI
youtube.com/watch?v=xJwyBBcP51A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want to focus on songwriting alone and hone my skills without help. But I would love to play in a band for the fun and convince the other members to create ambitious interestinf music. Where is a good place to find people? Do people ask for band members on craigslist where should I look?

king gizz are more like a family than a band, you get me m'lady?

no one wants to sing with me about memes

Because I'm an old fuck and I have a job and family

Miles you're dead stop trying to be hip and with it.
Why did you bully Sco so much Miles?

Bands are fucking gay babe, I record solo here check out my SoundCloud

can't find 2-4 other people with a similar time schedule and more important, a similar vibe.

all my previous bands split up due to work/studying.

I'm gonna fuck you whiteys until I avenge every Black Man.

>But I would love to play in a band for the fun and convince the other members to create ambitious interestinf music. Where is a good place to find people?
And that's the problem. Craigslist - I'm not even from the US, but I'm sure that's not the place to find serious musicians at.

Das rite.

>convince the other members to create ambitious interestinf music
this is annoying, when I try to make music with friends they don't want to do anything more than basic as fuck 2-3 minute indie synth songs
It's 100x more satisfying to actually try and challenge yourself creatively, even if the end result isn't always good

I live in a small town full of retards and the only bands around are metal bands, I tried it even though I don't like metal, but they didn't want to do anything interesting, just playing the same metallica songs over and over again.

that's true. I'm not really sure tho I could probably talk to a friend from berklee or something but it's hard. I only know a few kids who know music let alone play it.

amen dude. at least you have some guys to play with. It is great to focus on songwriting alone but I want to have that experience sometime. hopefully once I write some great pieces I can see who is interested

>Berklee
I'm disappointed by those Instagram Berklee musicians I've heard. It's almost as if they're robots. At least older generations did something - John Scofield, Al Di Meola, Vinnie Colaiuta, Joe Zawinul and Bill Frisell among others.

>that one friend who wants to be a musician and always wants to jam but when you jam he absolutely doesn't want to do covers and he also doesn't want to write songs and he justs wants to noodle around randomly bevause that's "real music" and it sounds like shit because he doesn't want to learn how musical keys work and only ever noodles on his instrument
Also he plays bass.

Free improvisation can be done well, but only by band members who are in tune with each other. That doesn't happen by revolting against technical proficiency and music theory.

I love improv, but he just plays whatever without listening to others, can't do support (even though he plays bass), and like I said doesn't know how keys work. He's a good friend but jamming with him is a disappointment every time.

youtu.be/q-qfW1UL-vQ?t=26m18s
This is free impovisation...

I felt that too from some of thier vids, but idk any other leads. I think there is also a music school that does lessons and jam sessions and stuff that is good near me it is hard to find people

I simply can't stand the concept competitions at conservatories and in prestigious music schools. Either way, we should be grateful for recording equipment becoming so affordable over the years.

The concept of*

I have this friend too. He's schizophrenic.

>This is free impovisation
no

If the video description is correct, then it is. Perhaps it's an expanded song I'm not aware of.
youtube.com/watch?v=zsCDVawMemI
This is surprisingly accessible for a free improvisation album. There are free jazz passages and a string section too.
youtube.com/watch?v=xJwyBBcP51A
Where does one even find musicians this free?

>giantess Karlie will never peg your manlet ass with a huge strap-on dildo

I don't want to live anymore

There's a board for such fantasies. Here, let me help you out:

oh man I think I am that friend and I am schizophrenic lamo.

I literally have no idea how to play guitar and just noodle around and it's horrible. idk how to change plus im high all the time

Isn't that from Discipline?

>My big sister told me you used to play an instrument but weren't in a band. Why did you give up on your dreams?

'Cause your big sister isn't on my dick yet.

fuck you bitch i paid for your meal you better finish that shit

Seriously, why the fuck do people do this? If I buy some food from a restaurant you bet your ass I'm going to eat the whole thing.

I-I don't know haha, I guess j-just difficulties w-w-w-ith schedules and stuff haha, yeah it's lame... can I kiss your feet Karlie?

>6'2

she's a big girl

>Why would you treat my baby sister like that?

for you

>no amazon gf to bully me

Guys?! I think I missed something in the instructions manual. And no, I already shaved my cat's head so that can't be it.

One of the batteries fell over.

>Karlie will never be your mommyfu

that's tay's gf
tay is gonna get pissed

I'd collect all 3 spiritual stones and advance time 7 years to have her sit on my face :3

Just as soon as I get this pizza working.

what are some exercises you do to become better?

she would be so much hotter if she had an upper lip

She's a bit young for that.

Thanks for posting all the food guys, I just remembered that I had half a whopper in my bag :)

How do you end up with half a whopper in your bag? What kind of bag?

I ate the other half.

I went to Burger King with my girlfriend and couldn't finish mine because I already ate. Backpack.
No you didn't silly :p

ok thanks

Because non one wants to hear a quartet lead by a tuba player.

>she would be so much hotter if she had nigger lips

I AM a band

music schools

Because nobody in Skopje wants to play the shit I want to play, or at least go in that direction, I'd either end up in a shitty alt-rock band or a shitty death metal band, so no thanks, I'm good desu.
For now, I'll focus on my industrial solo project than anything band related, at least until I find people that are interested in that sort of music and play something that can at least make a typical line-up. Plus I don't wanna play guitar, I'm sure somebody else could do a better job at that.

being in a band is overrated. its like being married

*sucks her dick*

Sounds dumb. Why don't you just write songs and have him play the bass parts. A lot of bands just have one chief songwriter.

this

I want to learn tenor banjo
my god damn job takes up all of my time though

lol skopje