Any oldfags here think it’s really weird to have seen the evolution of internet memes into something that is becoming...

Any oldfags here think it’s really weird to have seen the evolution of internet memes into something that is becoming commonplace pop culture?

nah. that's just what happens with all new ideas and inventions. they branch outwards over time and become ingrained in popular culture or whatever over time

White men are so adorable. So cute! I want to hug him. No homo.

I hate that everything is a "hack" now. 10 hacks to cook an egg etc.

I hate that everyone from celebrities to politicians use the word troll. Nobody even used the word troll except for D&D nerds and kids before.

I hate that # is the "hashtag" symbol now. Fucking faggots

bump

$10 bill?

bump

I still fain ignorance of internet culture when it gets brought up IRL. It's too cringey.

I think they always were, but nobody called them memes. There were always catchphrases or stupid songs or dumb jokes or whatever. This whole meme thing is a meme anyways since this bullshit has no clear definition anymore. Everyone calls everything a meme. I remember memes being funny or fucked up pictures with captions. Today religions nations or big franchises get called memes, so you cant really compare 06 memes to 2017memes i guess.

Boom goes the dynamite!

found Sup Forums in 2007, when I was a freshman in highschool, playing Star Wars Galaxies. Sup Forums through Guild Wars, then through WoW, then through LoL. It's been a long run for us. Memes were funny then. Now?

Meme culture, please fuck off.

Some okay memes got appropriated by these alt-right fucks, and now, apparently, if I'm trolling Sup Forums, I'm a fucking Nazi.

My 50 year old co-worker wants to tell me about this dank new meme saw.

The way the average fuck describes a meme, which is essential a photo with a caption, is not the definition of the meme that I went through puberty as an angsty-ass fucking teenager with.

I hate it.

And even I'm not an oldfag. I'm definitely not the oldfag that oldfags referred to when I was a newfag.

Sup Forums was never good

oldfag is old

What is a meme?

Same, I found slash b slash in 2006, and not a goddam person knew what I was talking aobut when I sang interior crocodile when I was in class. Now everyone is on the dank MAY MAY train.

Cultural Phenomena.

"Memes" are a meme. There's no specificity to it anymore.

Used to all these "duckrolls" and "Milhouse is not a meme" memes, courage wolf, and Boxxy. Now? God, It's hell, now.

Share me some of that cocaine pls anons im not high yet

Calling Memes maymays was a meme. I always thought it was pronounced "mem", with a short e. Still say it that way, even to the fags who are so new they still don't know what 7chan is.

Chill out grandpa. Language changes, and all the words you brought up are most likely just fad-words anyway.
In a decade all the youngsters will have new words you'll get to hate

The memes that normies are exposed to are barely comparable to those from 10 years ago.

memes where good for a few years, and then degenerates attempted them, and so the term " meme " was born into mainstream. no comparison between a meme from 10+ years ago to today. sigh..

>Today religions nations or big franchises get called memes
I mean, technically they are. The original meaning of the word "meme" refers to any behaviors that are mimicked by people and spread between individuals. Religions, national cultures, languages are all memes.

>whines about meme culture
>post yiff cancer

Die in a fire, faggot.

>The memes that normies are exposed to are barely comparable to those from 10 years ago
Yes, because as we all know, ragefaces and exploitable comics were the pinnacle of humor

Found the Hipster

yiff was here before you were, newfag.

Trolling used to be legit. Small internet initiatives that pissed off thousands. Now if you blatantly insult someone, or if you make someone respond they think you trolled someone. It's like watching someone jerk off onto a pastry and call it a cake. Depressing, really..

There was cancer before me too. What's your point, subhuman faggot?

"Trolling" is became a buzzword, and like all buzzwords, it lost all meaning.

If you make a joke, you're a "troll".

Whatever happened to the good-old-fashioned, dox you and send death threats to your home phone kind of troll?

I hate the cancerous and unironic memes trying to be ironic with the nibba and ridiculously over saturated pics of childhood tv shows. Or in the danke memes compilation videos they have those high pitched cheap Audio blasting out of nowhere. Why? Fuck if I know. That s supposed to be funny. Memes were cool but then assholes on Reddit started overdoing it or posted shitty "relatable" memes. Like those black Twitter memes too. What a shit show now. If you're keen enough you will find the eventual superb quality jokes.

Anyone offended by yiff is a future furry. I was there. I used to go into fur thread ands say "yiff in hell, furfag". Now, look at me. I've got a profile on furaffinity.

Yiff in hell, future furfag. Shit is hot.

>pic unrelated

>I'm a degenerate so you will be too

Sound logic for a sperglord who likes to get fucked in the ass while wearing dog costumes. Do us all a favor and backflip off a skyscraper, kthxbye

Anyone still have LOIC installed?

Low orbit Ion Cannon, holy shit I forgot about that.....JEsus youre bringing back memories.

typical newfag. kthxbye like that's going to kick me out of this thread. Fuck off.

Is there anyone willing to offer some blackup on this one?

ANYONE here when the pool was closed due to AIDS?

I RECOGNISE THAT GAY BLOWJOB!

No, they're really no more common than they were a decade ago. Arguably they might have even been more common then.

What we have a lot of now are image macros and jokes being incorrectly called "memes" by retards on facebook and containment boards like Sup Forums.

Technically. I genuinely don't remember what the entire thing was about, since I never participated in any "social activities", raids or anything like that.
One day people just started posting about it and I was like "okay, I'm back to talking about anime"

Habbo Hotel and shit.

*ahem*

Oldfag is old?

You're the nigger from the "what does bump mean" thread.

Always waiting for those times to come
Again...

>I hate that everything is a "hack" now. 10 hacks to cook an egg etc.
That's actually the correct usage of the term. The term originated from the idea of quickly cutting up (eg. hacking, like with an axe) and throwing a bunch of shit together to solve a problem. A hack refers to such a solution. A hacker is someone who is good at re-purposing shit around them in useful ways.

The use of "hacking" to mean a destructive act of breaking into a system was something mainly perpetuated by the media who didn't understand the term.

>I hate that everyone from celebrities to politicians use the word troll. Nobody even used the word troll except for D&D nerds and kids before.
That was fairly common on the internet.

>I hate that # is the "hashtag" symbol now. Fucking faggots
Blame britbongs for that, they call # a hash sign.

The only thing in your post that is not cancer is
>The way the average fuck describes a meme, which is essential a photo with a caption, is not the definition of the meme
This is 100% correct. We have always had brainlets who misuse the term though. I remember conversations from early Sup Forums where people didn't know the difference between an image macro and a meme.

Yea but moot permabanned you fuckers back in the day because you were 100% cancer (still shocked he didn't do the same thing to Sup Forums because they're basically modern furries).

most don't know the pool is closed.

>feign

So now you see what happens when you stay too long here.. it's fucking furfag hotel california..

Either you leave b, kill yourself, or turn to a fucking cancerous dogwanker..

Time flies when you're a faggot. Leave now!

I am jacks wasted bandwidth.

lol now that internet culture is the norm, you're still an outcast if you feign ignorance

you're just socially retarded then

Fuck of bigger the alt right is a meme used by kikes to divide the goy

>being this new

Raiding habbo the day epic beard man popped up was the last time I really had an enormous amount of fun with Sup Forums.

9000 dicks Oprah was great too