Hi Sup Forums

Hi Sup Forums.
Ive made a quick spreadsheet and a few calculations to kinda get a picture of what the costs of living are for 2 people with various income levels in 2 different countries.
The 2 contries are: America and Denmark.
As we can see here from this picture, the danish person has a lot less money to spend after he has paid for some of the inevitable costs of living.

These numbers were very conservative in favor of the danish man. for example:
> - A single person RARELY spends 10k annually on healthcare in America.
> - In Denmark the first 7500 USD you earn every year is tax free. This WAS taken into consideration.

I have other comparisons for someone making 30000 USD / year if anyone wants to see.

ffs this was the wrong god damned picture. will upload the 40k below

here it is

post template please

Might i also add, the tax rates were taken from California with the zipcode 90001

sorry dude i just used a calculator for all this and put it into google spreadsheets so its easier to compare the numbers visually

How much do you know about that topic? Is it just a hobby for you? Nice job btw

its a hobby yes. thing is im danish. and people here love to pretend that our country is oohh so wealthy, and that america sucks unless youre rich. I study economics at school and this is just something i like to do for fun to prove the people wrong etc.

>A single person rarely spends 10k on healthcare in America
In Denmark, regardless of class, you have access to healthcare. You are not required to have health insurance in order to pay for costs because those costs are paid for by the state. There are also public infrastructure considerations: for instance the greater abundance of public transportation. If you are in poverty, the government also takes care of you. Trying to make any case about the poor is done shittily if you forget to consider social safety-nets and the infrastructure.

Wich european country do you think it's easy to livi in with a medium income? West european country with high living standards

What the fuck is this drivel?

>Bunch of random, unsupported numbers.

>The Dane is earning USD??

>This doesn't include any state income taxes which is a fraction of the country.

>It assumes you buy a car IN CASH annually

>for some reason, unexplained, a Danish car costs twice as much as one in the US

>Also, a US car somehow costs ten thousand dollars??

>Rent isn't even included anywhere at all.

Are you really this retarded? Did you actually just ask your dad to use his computer and pump out this bullshit spreadsheet? You have clearly never left your parents house.

literally the only difference is the fact that you pay for it yourself. but even then, its still more affordable than the absurdly high taxes.

Sorry user, my next one will be better.

>"danish"
>"study economics"
>uses $ instead of kr.
>dumb ass American child pretending on the internet

I'm confused how a car somehow costs twice in Denmark and also I'm pretty sure the tax was calculated incorrectly for the Dane unless I'm missing something

>i got the tax rate numbers from california.
>the dane is OBVIOUSLY earning USD to make the comparison easier you fucking idiot.
> actually, i AM assuming income taxes. read the fucking OP dumbass. state tax from california is included.
> not assuming you buy a car annually. this was just to show how much a car would cost.
i realize i made a mistake in the budget but what gives.
> the danish cars LITERALLY DO cost twice as much. i have links to prove it. ill post them if you want
> i didnt include rent on this just to make it a little more simple.

bruh. USD is the most common currency traded in the world. i used the same currency to make it easier to understand. how fucking stupid are you?

they cost about twice as much. you can confirm this by looking up both used AND new cars online. for example, you go to toyota.COM and find US prices, it will be around ~23 K $ starting price.
the toyota.DK, danish version, the price is 351000 KR, which is ~ 55 K $

>paid for by the state

NOTHING is paid for by the state you imbecile. The state has no money, everything is paid for by the taxpayer

sry i forgot to mention i was looking at a PRIUS

this guy gets it.

ive also looked at other car brands such as ford. its the same story.

Fuck You, rapist. Why don't you go Tom Hanks your mom.

Because in Europe EVERYTHING costs more than it does in America. In Ireland a 5.0 Mustang costs MORE THAN DOUBLE what it does in the US.

OP got another figure wrong, there is no way food is the same price in Denmark as it is in the US.

cry me a river dumbass.
this is the problem i have with economic policies.
EVERYONE claims they know how shit works. but only like 5 % of people have actually looked at the numbers.
everyone thinks they know how it works but they never read ANYTHING about it.

well what i did was i took the average amount of money an american person spends on food per year, then i added sales taxes.

Yeah but food in the US is waaay cheaper than it is here in Europe.

Isn't it common knowledge that USA is cheaper to live then Europe?

Obviously excluding san fran/new york/london etc etc