A question for user. Is life even worth living?

A question for user. Is life even worth living?

If no, then why are you still here? If yes, then what's your reason for living?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QOzXRpLD-XU
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27394687
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3122379/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27118529
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes. No one knows.

No. But now I am stuck here trying to act happy when I have my portion of shared parenting with my kids. I am an oldfag. I predate the internet by at least 15 years.

Depends what you're born with, but if you can read and type on a computer, the answer is yes. My reason for living is to find better and better entertainment, hedonism style.

Come at me retards.

>what's YOUR reason

life isn't worth living but death doesn't worth killing yourself. everyone has chances, you live your meaningless life until something good happens or until you die. having a chance is better than not having one.

there is nothing else

Read Albert Camus and you will find out.

That's a pretty good answer. I guess the fact is we all live for good moments that come across our path all while knowing it's just an illusion that hides the inevitable misery

Then why not kill yourself? There has to be some reason to you

no reason

it's something compared to nothing

why not is as good a reason as a good why

i can only recommend him if you struggle with finding a meaning in life and self issues , especially the myth of sisyphos

So what happens when you realise your persuit of pleasure only distracts you from all your lingering sorrows that eat away at you when you're alone?

I'll check it out. Thanks user

its kinda shitty to read but once you get in the flow its pretty easy, if u want to understand what he writes

>No
I haven't found a method of ending it that doesn't let me pussy out.
>inb4 Buy a helium tank or a gun
Impossible for me

I'm actually happiest when I'm alone, its when I'm with someone amd happy that I start to,get uncomfortable. Simply solution is to always be moving on

No, it's not, not for me at the moment anyway.

I keep living because my BF keeps me going. That's the only reason why.

Yeah, cock is a lot of peoples reasoning

I'm living for the entertainment. If all sources with entertainment that fit my interests would disappear, I'd probably use my last bit of motivation to off myself.

life isn't worth living for anyone, most people think life is worth living because they haven't reached the top tier of maturity and never will, btw the top tier of maturity is sitting in your room all day and being bored/sick of everything

if suicide was as easy as pressing a button or swallowing a pill, i wouldn't even be posting

Yes. Life is worth living.

I was homeless for a good while. About 7 years in fact. Well, on my 7th year of homelessness, i walked around the streets and found an abandoned border collie beaten and bloodied. He was only maybe 5 months old.

At the time I saved up money for a bike so I can get around faster, but i decided spend that money to get him fixed up. His name is Lucky. After saving him, life just turned for the better. I got a job, finally had a small place to live, had food to eat, Lucky is happy and I am too.

My sole purpose of living on this Earth is to make sure Lucky has the best life he will ever get. I dont care about my life. His life is more important. We were both abandoned by family, but i am the only one capable of bringing myself up from the ground. I will never let him go.

So is life worth living? Yes. I struggled and prospered. Lucky is my reason for living.

youtube.com/watch?v=QOzXRpLD-XU

>No
>I dont because I miss the reason to live if I give in to that temptation.

this. don't want any mess or pain. just brack, done.

I don't believe that life is worth living when we try to seek something like Utopia, or any sort of intrinsic, meaningful justification for anything we do, have done, or will do, relative to the human scope.

But, regardless, life can be fun. Life can be dangerous. Life can be exciting. It can be depressing. It can be serene, boring, fleeting, lingering. It probably is also extremely coincidental that you are alive right now. Therefore, I choose to live until I die. as living is entertaining, and death suggests that there exists nothing to be entertained. I treat myself as an ant seeking sugar with its antennae; I will not be able to truly perceive and understand the world beyond me, I will inevitably be a slave to my nature, and eventually, I will be stepped on.

How contrived of you.

Nah, it's not cock

I have abusive, manipulative, narcissistic parents. He gave me the emotional support needed to break free of them.

I have scoliosis as well, just found out, lost my job. He's supportive of that, too.

This year has been hell, and he has picked me up and carried me through it.

Yes.

Its not complicated:

Youre here. So why not?

If you hate it so much i have news for you. Neurology and psychology are a thing. Were fully aware brains are basically computers and run on chemicals and neurons.

Were also aware if you arent having a gay ol' time somethings wrong in there. Help exists in the same way they can treat you if your heart sucks.

>top tier maturity being bored all day.

You havent heard of basically any activity outside of drugs random sex and parties, have you?

Thats unfortunate.. They make up 0.0000000001% of everything there is to do in the world..

How can you mention neurology and psychology and suggest something that gross?

We are not fully aware brains, because our brains perform functions that are ultimately not influenced by our "conscious" states, and in fact, a lot of interaction between the "subconscious" and the "conscious" is masked. Think of your heart. You can't control your heart beat. And think of your instincts. You don't deliberate over them when they "hit" you, you merely experience the consequence of their activation.

And, no. Help does not exist in the same way that help for heart conditions exist. There does not yet exist a pill that can decompress all of your psychological scars, for example, so no amount of endorphins or blockers can help a soldier with PTSD. It's more nuanced than that. Specifically, because the heart does not depend on abstractions, logic, and bouts of rational-irrational layering of logic and perception.

And we can't just remove a bad brain and give you a new one.

Of I killed myseld I wouldn't be able to see reaction of people who knew me. Obe of reasons

>fully aware

Not of the subconscious shit you plum. We are fully aware as in "we know this about brains". How could you even misinterpret that grossly??

Also yes there is...

Mdma with guided therapy cures ptsd.
Obligatory sources from the government library of medical science:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27394687

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3122379/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27118529

Also notice all of these mention "treatment resistant ptsd"... As in there are treatments that work outside of narcotics, but not everything works for everyone, and this works when all else fails.

Ptsd, like literally anything else wrong, is caused by physical pathways of neurons formed by experience. The brain is constantly changing deleting and laying new pathways.

Therapy and medication is a great tool in coaxing it to form in a desired direction.

Its not magic at all. Its are neurons firing or not? 1s and 0s.

Even things we dont have treatment for now will eventually.

It depends on a lot of factors, do you want the certain or uncertain ? Do you care for anything in your immediate circumstances, or do you percieve other things as more imporant ?

I've been on the brink of suicide my whole life, and I've had a few more or less succesful experiences too. The last was when I cut my arm to ribbons throughout with a butcher knife.

What I can say for myself is that death is a comfort that you can confront yourself with, but when you survive there seems to be a higher purpose. Not in a spiritual or "gods punishment"-sense, but in a "I've lived through this, why not liev through the rest ?". At least that's what I've experienced.

Death is the solitude that most request, and I can't deny them the reasons for doing that, but life is a high, that can produce even more highs depending on how you use it. But I still miss being on the brink of death

>grossly
Because the phrase "Were fully aware brains are basically computers and run on chemicals and neurons" lacks an apostrophe. If anything, your lack of grammar mad it incredibly easy to see the rest of your sentence as jumbled nonsense. Were and we're, user. Th only thing gross about that is the resulting conclusion that could be formed by it, not the means at which the conclusion was arrived at.

>yes there is
The encouragement of treating PTSD is not curing PTSD. Treatment does not solve PTSD; recommending activities that increase endorphins and supplementing patients with endorphins following the episodes in which there is a "crash", does not cure the underying cause of PTSD, but instead placates it, makes it manageable. I see no cure. Especially not when the goal is to manage treatment-resistant forms of PTSD.

This makes it far different than, say, congenital heart disease. So for the time being, especially with regards to the medical field, treating the brain is not like treating the heart.

>Its not magic at all
No one said it was magic.
>1s and 0s
This is incorrect. It isn't at all 1s and 0s, because there is always potential in the nervous system. The inhibition of a cluster of neurons is not a lack of potential, it can even be caused by excess potential being present. Furthermore, the brain is not a logic gate. The clusters of neurons are not like a microprocessor- the analogy of brains and computers is tenuous at best, because prior to analytical machines taking the label, the only computers were human beings who did math well. The only time it is even close to 0 is when you have been dead long enough for the brain itself to start breaking down sufficiently.

Yes, because anything is better than nothing. It's like that quote "Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"

That quote comes from a man that loves "loving". Love is the most devastating of feelings, it makes you lose all control and turns you into a gibbering mess, who wants that for their next ?

Fuck no.

I lack the constitution for suicide.

Yeah, gotta make myself happy. Eventually I'll die so why not try to be happy as much as possible?

It doesn't mater who it came from and I was aiming for more of an analogy than anything. I'm not actually talking about love.

Might be you're not talking about love, but it's the same as forcing love if you force life. There's no reason to be prolife to the one that doesn't see a reason. they deserve all rights to off themselves at will without being judged by ANYONE.

Unless you're in excruciating pain from some terminal illness or in prison or some extreme situation like that, the trick to making life worth living is to stop being a goddamn whiney faggot.

I believe anyone should have the right to off themselves, my father did and I don't blame him. Except he became so cripplingly depressed he wouldn't even be able to focus on this post.

The main point is, he desired it, and became fixated on it. It leaves a scar on the loved ones, and it hurts them, but in the end it also does better.

He doesn't suffer anymore, and that is a relief for him. At least unless god is a vindicative bastard as the catholics want us to believe.

I've been dead a few times, and I've never been as calm, yet aggitated at the same time. Death is a funny thing that demands a lot of respect, but also a casual leaning since it's inevitable

suicide is always the answer