>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/3puauws4
youtu.be/7f7D2_jUkqA
youtube.com/watch?v=e7OGjJfPyBA
clyp.it/g3v3qiu5
youtube.com/watch?v=qfgdOAAEBIQ
guitarcenter.com/Squier/Classic-Vibe-Stratocaster-60s-Electric-Guitar-Burgundy-Mist-with-Matching-Headstock-1408368025558.gc)
dimarzio.com/node/7801)
youtu.be/0wsUNMSiIII?t=14m20s
youtube.com/watch?v=Z1IuD6F3R5I
youtube.com/watch?v=_OgdvsIVhg0
reverb.com/item/6343910-universal-audio-apollo-twin-solo
reverb.com/item/6305910-akg-c414-xls
premierguitar.com/articles/Rig_Rundown_Smashing_Pumpkins_Billy_Corgan
reverb.com/news/the-gear-of-the-smashing-pumpkins
reverb.com/news/potent-pairings-how-to-sound-like-the-smashing-pumpkins
uberproaudio.com/who-plays-what/117-smashing-pumpkins-billy-corgan-guitar-gear-rig-and-equipment
reverb.com/item/3028993-guitar-tone-company-bloody-finger-distortion-pedal)
youtube.com/watch?v=Nxv-1fN5MFE
youtube.com/watch?v=lK1BLH-KkT0
youtube.com/watch?v=iVD1i5AWI2c
55chan.org/mu/src/1504158354641-1.ogg
55chan.org/mu/src/1504158354641-0.ogg
55chan.org/mu/src/1504147184228.ogg
55chan.org/mu/src/1504160574071.ogg
youtube.com/watch?v=Xq5I_0ZPDpM
clyp.it/o0dlmcuw
clyp.it/02ieintr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

just recorded the guitars
clyp.it/3puauws4

>clyp.it/3puauws4

ay yo this is some pretty good shit

Name a better bassline in rock history.

youtu.be/7f7D2_jUkqA

This is what made me go out and buy a bass. I'm still working on playing it at this speed, making good progress though.

>tfw you break through a barrier
Changed hand position. Picking from a little further up gave me better speed and control. (Can't wait to start training it!) Sharp throbbing forearm pain above the thumb now, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=e7OGjJfPyBA

didnt listen yours tho, asio4all wont let atm

clyp.it/g3v3qiu5

Pic related is the GOAT bridge for offsets.

What are your top 2 guitars, top 3 amps, top 5 pedals?

For me:
>Jazzmaster
>Telecaster

>Fender Bassman 56 RI
>Vox AC30
>Yamaha G series SS amps

>Deluxe Memory Man
>Line 6 M series
>big muff (all variations)
>smallsound/bigsound fuck overdrive
>boss rv-5

What's the best genre for guitar riffs and why is it technical death metal?

youtube.com/watch?v=qfgdOAAEBIQ

Fuck you are stupid. Do yourself a favor and stop being so fucking passive. FIND OUT YOURSELF HOW TO FUCKING STRETCH. THERE IS PLENTY OF RESOURCES ONLINE DO YOU EXPECT ME TO WRITE YOU A FUCKING GUIDEBOOK HERE? IF YOU WERE HERE IN PERSON I WOULD STRANGLE YOU AND THIS IS NOT JOKE.

This song again? Don't you have anything else... you keep spamming the same fucking song over course of 20 threads. KYS.

I have a general inquiry on getting a specific tone if anyone who stumbles in this thread can help me. Got a couple of decisions I'm trying to make and would appreciate the feedback.

I have a Squier Classic Vibe Stratocaster 60's reissue (guitarcenter.com/Squier/Classic-Vibe-Stratocaster-60s-Electric-Guitar-Burgundy-Mist-with-Matching-Headstock-1408368025558.gc)
As stated in the specs, it comes with Custom vintage style Stratocaster pickups (AlNiCo V).

Pickups:
The tone I'm striving for very Billy Corgan-Siamese Dream era. Now, I've had my eye on his signature DiMarzio Bc-1/Chopper/Bc-2 (dimarzio.com/node/7801) pickups but then I discovered he uses Lace Pickups on a couple of his strats as well. I wanted to know what Sup Forums would recommend between the two or if there is something else that would be preferred better.

Fuzz:
I currently have a Way Huge Swollen Pickle but I feel like it's just not delivering the tone needed to get that solid grinding sound.
I've looked into Big Muffs, either a Germanium Muff, Big Muff with Tone Wicker, a Big Muff Deluxe, or a Death By Audio Fuzz War. But one of my friends recommended to me a Fuzzrocious Grey Stache which I'm pretty impressed with it's versatility.

Input/Patch cables
recently came up on a 12X17 Pedaltrain with a flight case and preinstalled Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 on craigslist for $140 (A fuckin steal if you ask me). It's a tad smaller than I'd like but I feel like with the right input/patch cables, I could really utilize my space accordingly. I have thought about Lava Cables (Tightrope/Solderless) but I heard those aren't that durable. Any brands you would recommend?

I'm just really indecisive when it comes to buying things because I'm always ballin' on a budget, so I want to make sure what I buy is always what I'm looking for.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I created a General Guitar Parts and Pedal Thread over here but I thought I'd give a whirl here.

>tfw enjoying the warm ups my teacher gave me

Is there something wrong with me? Feels good knowing I'm bettering myself as a player.

is that bridge a wraparound?

>warm ups
This is what happens before the real playing begins.

i post again because i did something on it

i have this something else tho
clyp.it/g3v3qiu5

I know. Today was my first lesson so we didn't get to go over much. We were mainly talking about voicing.

>General Guitar Parts and Pedal Thread
>/ggpp/
Really?!

you are never going to sound like smashing pumpkins my dude I recommend giving up unless you want to hop down the rabbit hole of giving sweetwater your money and depression because it still sounds a little off

Finally got one of my dream bass cabs today, Peavey 3620 (2x10/2x18). Thing sounds Massive!

QQ, I just wanted to see what everyone's equipment looks like and what anyone prefers in general.
I know that. It's nearly impossible to acquire the full spectrum of Billy Corgan's tone but I'm just specifically talking about the pickups and fuzz really.

Are the memes about bass true? Is it really that easy to become a passable/good bass player in any genre without putting in as much effort as any other instrument?

I know for a fact billy uses a big muff based on research I did one time using old forum posts and videos taken from "behind the scenes" movies about SP.

In fact it's a standard big muff pi with volume/tone at 1 o clock and sustain at 8 o clock position. That I know for sure. The rest of his pedalset is a mystery and I've heard contradictory reports, but the big muff I'm sure of. There's probably about 10 pedals at work if I had to guess. I'm also 99% sure he uses a marshall JCM900 head.

youtu.be/0wsUNMSiIII?t=14m20s

was he the all time greatest?

This is the bassline that made me buy a bass:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1IuD6F3R5I

I use Lava Tightrope cables for my pedal board (pic related) and they seem to be holding up fairly well, you just have to be sure you build them correctly, not as simple to make as George L's or Planet Waves cable kits. Also I would highly recommend the Grey Stache for Fuzz, I'm from Philly and I've met Ryan from Fuzzrocious in person, great guy and makes awesome pedals. He hooked me up with one of his Feed Me pedals for $130, I bought it direct from him since I was local. Of course if you want that real Billy Corgan fuzz tone save your pennies and grab a real vintage OP-AMP Big Muff, second best option would be the Eye See Pi by Wren & Cuff.

Sounds like elevator music. I really like what the bass was up to, tho.

youtube.com/watch?v=_OgdvsIVhg0

I've got $1000 to blow on recording equipment. What are some good mics for vocals? What are some good mics for acoustic guitar? What are some good audio interfaces? Still doing research so I want some of /gg/'s suggestions.

You get get one really good mic that can do vocals and acoustics super good, just track separately. I'd recommend from the used market an UA Apollo Twin Solo (about $500 used), and an AKG C414 (about $500 used as well).

reverb.com/item/6343910-universal-audio-apollo-twin-solo

reverb.com/item/6305910-akg-c414-xls

I believe you honestly.
I've done my research as well and boy is it a fuckin rabbit hole.

premierguitar.com/articles/Rig_Rundown_Smashing_Pumpkins_Billy_Corgan
reverb.com/news/the-gear-of-the-smashing-pumpkins
reverb.com/news/potent-pairings-how-to-sound-like-the-smashing-pumpkins
uberproaudio.com/who-plays-what/117-smashing-pumpkins-billy-corgan-guitar-gear-rig-and-equipment

Also, that Guitar Tone Company Bloody Finger Distortion Pedal
(reverb.com/item/3028993-guitar-tone-company-bloody-finger-distortion-pedal) really gives him an adge with his leads and high gains that a regular Big Muff can't deliver with such poor mids.

Fuck, that is a solid rig you got there. Thanks for the feedback on cables and the fuzz! I really want to grab a diy Lava Cable titerope/solderless pack and do it myself but I'm not exactly sure which one to buy. I heard the titerope does the trick and they're easier to put together.

No offense but this is just too flat for me.

What kind off tone response are you looking for your muff tone? scooped mids with tight bottom?

>offsets

>vocals
SM7B

>acoustic guitar
two AT2020s

>audio interface
Scarlett 2i2
Komplete Audio 6

Was playing on my old kustom bass amp and it just went silent, doesnt power on, no light on the indicator light.

Whats likely the issue here? Better to try a quick fix, or just buy a new amp?

Well I currently use a Way Huge Swollen Pickle combined with a Moog Minifooger Ring Modulator and The Electro-Harmonix Nano LPB-1 Power Booster high gains.
It's just not doing me justice. It's more of a Dinosaur Jr. sound and just too much.

To answer your question, yeah for the most part. Scooped mids and a tight bottom. I love a warm, soft, fuzz tone that can really sound full and grind than a crunchy, high gain sound.

Would recommend the JHS Muffuletta as it does nearly all versions of the big muff, as well as the Tomkat Violet Muffer

youtube.com/watch?v=Nxv-1fN5MFE
youtube.com/watch?v=lK1BLH-KkT0
youtube.com/watch?v=iVD1i5AWI2c

Your stupidity knows no boundaries. You already posted this earlier, how stupid are you?

because the thread died

fukc off m8 it's a good song, I'd like to see you record something half as good

Terrible suggestions

lol tl;dr

TL;DR

In need of dank pickups and fuzz

Honestly, I've thought about the JHS Muffuletta as it is a pretty well versetile fuzz. Strongly considering it between the Grey Stache.
Essentially covers all the bases without being too much.

>people unironically buy this trash

>practicing on the nylon acoustic for months
my finger are finally strong now, so fucking good. bending 10s like its nothing

if you can't make one E touch the other E with 12s in standard you're a bitch sweetie

im doing 1,5 step bends on the g and b string with just one finger i think thats good enough for now

Those J Mascis guitars are amazing guitars for the money. Everything else squire I've played has been pretty much crap.

>t.female

noodling in the dawn
i'm surprised with the result
55chan.org/mu/src/1504158354641-1.ogg
55chan.org/mu/src/1504158354641-0.ogg
55chan.org/mu/src/1504147184228.ogg

user I'm pretty sure that would rip the bridge off the guitar

user that asked for a clyp of the alien mars with the gain cranked is around?

>t.bitch hands

anyway heres the alien mars with gain maxed out

55chan.org/mu/src/1504160574071.ogg

guitar is condor les paul with malagoli pups super distortion and 59

>not being able to rap the E string all the way around the neck
Pfft

link to the post you're referring to?

i dont have it

Are you talking about yesterday when we were talking about the gain stages on your amp?

no

alright then carry on

after you done playing, its time to clean your strings in order to not have them all rusty and sunk in gunk the next day
first step - youll need a bottle of cleaning alcohol, a clean cloth and a scotchbriteâ„¢

No you wouldn't, get over yourself.

i damaged my guitar with punches after watching this
youtube.com/watch?v=Xq5I_0ZPDpM

>tfw you can't use your regular rig for 2 weeks
>tfw stuck with edgy humbucker guitar and Line 6 Spider amp from teenage metal phase
I miss u bby

Eric Clapton said Ace Frehley is one of the best guitarist he's ever seen live

they don't let you play single coils after sexual reassignment surgery? why? STILL not woman enough? jeez...

Why is my bass tone so much hotter than yours? Oh yeah right, a high end P bass with flats played with a pick. Literally the best bass tone out there.

which take gg

clyp.it/o0dlmcuw

my J with rounds is hotter. simply because it has a hotter pickup

that mic placement @ 4:32 sounded sick
>tfw tone changes so much with little mic placement changes and you cant discern them while recording

My P bass is active, checkmate.

Are you 13? Jesus Christ...

Goodnight /gg/, see you in 9 hours or so

I want to fucking die

>Wolfgang.
There are actually very few guitars I'll even bother with, because any guitar needs a lightly oiled unfinished neck, and stainless vintage-spec frets. I have an 80s US telecaster that I had modified in such a way, but the only other guitars I can think of that come with that sort of standard are some ugly-ass meme machines.

>Amps.
Little torn on this one. I've owned a 5150, Twin Reverb, Deluxe Reverb, TSL, DSL, Hotrod Deluxe, etc. But I'm going to have to go with my current hotness:
>Twin Reverb Custom 15.
Runner up:
>Matchless Phoenix.

>Pedals.
I owned one of the earlier Deluxe Memory Mans with the built-in cable... until it was stolen. Still kills me, but I'm not sure I'd throw it on my board if I got it back tomorrow. I can build a board with the following 3 pedals, and basically any drive, looper, and delay:
>EHX Ring Thing.
>EHX Synth 9.
>Keeley 2-Knob Comp.

cleaning alcohol is not a good idea ever, it will overdry your strings and make them more prone to breaking
wonder why are all those cleaning supplies intended for guitar slightly greasy? yeah.

Bump with best compressor

overpriced mastery is better

you're goddamn right, grandpa

Pretty sure Billy Corgan used lace pickups

When?

When he was on 8 balloons of heroin

This. Even the fucking 2-knob kicks the shit out of almost every other compressor on the market.

Philosopher's tone is pretty legit my man

shit that rig looks dope, what genre do you mainly play?

So guys, I've got a small problem with my acoustic guitar (Yamaha P310), the neck is bent quite a bit near the nut. I tried adjusting the truss rod but it doesn't seem to do much, I'm guessing because the rod is bending in the middle of the neck, not on the ends. Any idea how can I repair this? It's fucking up the action a bit and I would like to get it set.

Get a new guitar, preferably one that isn't a piece of shit

Could be anything. Check the fuse first

I'm more interested in solving the problem than just giving up and going for another instrument. Anyone?

What exactly is "bent"? And in what way? Describe it in more detail and/or post pictures please.

Need help recognizing a guitar.
Its an acoustic guitar and by form I can tell it was a steel string guitar but the previous owner put nylon strings in it. Its a Levin and from what i read on wikipedia, they manufactured guitar from 1900 to 1978.
And on the guitar, theres no serial number. But it does says it was made in Gothenburg on the sticker inside the soundhole.
It also lacks a truss rod so I was a bit hesitant about buying it.

How do i git gud at making drums to create songs ? I tried Ezdrummer but it's not very easy to use (my software is Reaper)

Same guy here.
Never had a guitar w/o truss rod so I was not sure if its always the sign for a cheap/poorly made guitar. Correct me if I am wrong anons.

it probably has a non-adjustable truss rod as most vintage guitars do, user. during the 80s, manufacturers started including adjustable truss rods in the guitars.

>EZDrummer
the only good thing about EZDrummer is the ethnic kit for the congas and shit. read up on the basics because it's mostly trial and error.

Solid gore, in any case.

What's the best guitar with humbuckers that isn't a Gibson?

i'm writing music for a 3d platformer. what do you guys think of this?

clyp.it/02ieintr