Being from Scotland...

Being from Scotland, I've been in the scenario of meeting an American in a pub whereupon they proudly proclaim how they are also Scottish. It doesn't bother me, it's kind of cool for some people to go back 'to the old country', but I was wondering,

Americans of Sup Forums, do you care about your roots/heritage? Do you see yourself as 100% 'Murican, or what?

I take a lot of pride in my heritage, I'd say most Americans have pride in their heritage, unless they're black, blacks usually know nothing about what country their ancestors were exported from so they don't know much.

>Irish name.
>Namesake came over after English Civil war because Cromwell betrayed my family after we helped win the war.
>Go to New Netherlands.
>English take over.
>Here we go again.
>English Civil War 2.0
>Washington isn't a piece of shit like Cromwell was.

No. American 100% no going back.

>blacks usually know nothing about what country their ancestors were exported from so they don't know much.

you mean

WE

WUZ

I've got mostly german and english blood, some scottish and norman mixed in. I'm more proud of my german heritage desu.

I'm American when people ask me where I'm from. From an ethnic standpoint, I'm anglo. Simple question that most people somehow fuck up

Wuz

If he's not #SurrendAir he's not a real Scot.

My heritage is mixed anyway (English/Irish/French) but I still kind of care, it's important to remember where your family came from.

>t doesn't bother me, it's kind of cool for some people to go back 'to the old country', but I was wondering,

it bothers like 99% of the rest of you toothless mongs

>muh heritage
and all that

like we're not allowed to be white or something

True, I'm still Anglo. But I'm not British or English or Irish no matter what my last name is.

They add a new license for air rifles but add no restrictions on the fact I got me Beretta Silver Pigeon 1 at 16 on monthly finance...

i am a outside observer. i watch the world as most watch tv or a movie. i feel no pain during death scenes and find morbid humor in many things

you are no more real to me than any character in GOT. as such im not all that attached to murica. i think things would be the same for me regardless of where i am. i tend to be comfy

Americans should take no pride in their heritage and should instead take pride in their own nation and their own nation only. A white american who waves an Irish tricolour is less of an american than a Hispanic who waves the American flag.

>Americans of Sup Forums, do you care about your roots/heritage?

The mainstream narrative in the states right now is that we are all immigrants and no white people should actually be here.

You are going to see more people returning.

I used to see myself as only American but that old fashioned and not really a reflection of reality.

The really depressing part is the fact that our "old" nations are not ours anymore either.

Whites really have no where to go.

KANGS

A lot of Americans are still only 3rd generation. Early 1900s and late 1800s immigration.

But that being said, much assimilation has taken place. Especially on the west coast. There's still tons of heritage tradition shit on the east coast.

I would like Murcia if we weren't so cucked but yurop is far more cucked than us so fuck them too.

Mmm Danone

Ideally, in a world with viable immigration/integration process, the children of immigrants should be the last ones to feel any real attachment to their parents' country of origin.

I think after like 2-3 generations at most you should really just let it go.

'American' used to mean european settlers but now that the rainbow coalition is redefining that to include all things shit brown and retarded, we need to go back further to find a sense of our identities. As far as I'm concerned, an American is still someone of british or dutch descent whose ancestors helped settle the country, but it also feels good to be a part of the Anglo-master race

Yes absolutely. I'm Irish and German and if someone attacked those nations I'd go fight for them.

I agree. Civic Nationalism is all we have anymore, for good or ill.

Sure I'm irish but thats more of a "what brand of American are you"

>USA 100% born and bred baby

My grandfather came to American from Italy and my grandmother was born in Ireland. Our family dinners and holidays are very Italian in nature but my family is definitely an American family, and I consider myself an American before anything else.

>Americans of Sup Forums, do you care about your roots/heritage? Do you see yourself as 100% 'Murican, or what?

My dads side goes back to the 13 colonies and we keep family records. My mom is a 2nd generation Polish immingrant, and I never really thought much about poland until coming here

Last name Iverson, so I only know there's Nordic something. Don't really care beyond that.

I am an American of European descent. Nothing more or less

Da' were we up the tap o' that finneston cran the other night?

>last name is apparently Scottish for chieftain
>mfw I'll never be able to move to Scotland and rule a tribe of warriors that pillage towns every weekend

>"science" is a social construct
>developed through colonization
that's pretty funny 2bh

No one here is originally from here unless you're tribal so we like to see what mix of mutt we are compared to other people.

>words have meaning

It doesn't matter where you were born. Blood is blood.

My family came from Ireland around the time of the Civil War. There's so many Irish people in America that it was actually pretty hard to mix with other nationalities till the late 1900's. The fact that the Irish were treated like niggers till them didn't help much either.

There is a ton of pure English descendants in The South and New England but the part between New England and The South are mostly Irish and Germanic. We had a ton of Germans here before we were even a country and they fought for both sides in the Revolution.

I know where my blood comes from mostly and it'd be fun to go visit, but I'm 3rd generation American already, so I'm 100% American regardless.

At least I come from places that aren't going completely full retard about importing the caliphate, so maybe it'll still be a nice place to visit if I get around to it some day.

Parents are Vietnamese, proud to be an American but I also do not neglect my heritage and religion.
I was BORN IN THE USA.

I'm filipino and jamaican. There's nothing about my heritage to be proud of. In fact, I'm ashamed of it. I consider myself American above anything else.

My family has been farming the same patch of land in Pennsylvania since before the revolution. I'm an American. Ethnically I'm mostly Scottish but fuck going there

>mostly German
Not anymore, I tell you hwat.