Which is harder, Sup Forums?

Which is harder, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.es/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/google-deepmind-alphago-zero-ai-destroys-humans-all-on-its-own/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

im a chess master

Hard to compare. Each has its own strategic merits, but it should be noted that although neither chess nor go is a solved game, computers were able to beat the highest ranked players at chess long before they were able to beat the highest ranked go players

Imma chest player and have never played Go but it seems like Go is harder and need more strategy thab chest

And I declare myself a grand super duper master.

Alpha Go Zero was able to learn from scratch without external help and beat 100% of the matches against go champions, it's just that chess is way more popular and that's why Deep Blue was able to beat Kasparov (on a rematch)

link
google.es/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/google-deepmind-alphago-zero-ai-destroys-humans-all-on-its-own/

Go is way harder.
I learned chess at the age of 5.
Im am adult and I still don't understand the scoring in Go.

Who wants to play with me?

I've "played" go. I didnt entirely understand what was going on. Id vote chess though because fuck the chinese, communist bastards

> " Who wants to play with me? " ;

..... ITT, it depends upon whether you have the skills of a Stockfish.

I think you take territory, not the other guy's pieces.

There is a substantial amount of depth to Go. It's really worth checking out if you've never played.

Go is better, cant say harder.
Havent played chess in eternity.

This is a stupid question.

A professional go player won't be able to beat a professional chess player in chess.

A professional chess player won't be able to beat a professional go player in go.

If you play a game against someone who is better than you, then the game is hard, if you play it against someone who is worse than you the game is easy. Doesn't matter which game it is, as long as you play it against other people, the difficulty of the game will depend on the skill of your opponent and not the game rules.

Chess is a great game worthy of dedicating one's life to the study of it.

Go is like that but tenfold.

But I play Melee, so logically I can beat everyone at everything, or at least that's what I'll keep yelling while also refusing to play any other game ever because they're all inferior.

well

go has fewer rules for the game, so chess is more conplicated to pick up

chess has fewer overall constellations, so the skill ceiling is lower

>it's just that chess is way more popular
This is unequivocally false. You just believe so because you're exposed more to chess in popular media.

>INTJ spotted

are you retarded?

Wait. Smash Bros.? Are you fucking serious?

>I still don't understand the scoring in Go.
you count the black stones and teritory
that's black's points
you count the white stones and teritory
that's white's points
komi is either 5.5 or 6.5, add that to white
if black's points > white's points black wins
if white's points > black's points white wins
Are you retarded? What's so difficult to understand

Yeah, melee still has a pretty healthy competitive scene, if you can believe it.
I love the game, but for real, a lot of the playerbase is exactly as retarded as my previous post.

name?

It's a game of surrounding. You are trying to control the most territory. Your score is the how many unoccupied intersections, or points, you've surrounded.

Connect 4 master race reporting in. I am a grand wizard at the game and am expert in playing as both red and motherfucking yellow. A composter once beat my at it so I punched the computer in the face. Now no computer can beat me.

Get on my level you plebs.

That's meant to say "A computer once beat my at it". If I played against a composter, I would win.

Because it's more popular...

Really depends on what you mean by "harder". It's harder to learn to the rules for chess, just because they're more complicated. Go is harder for computers to play though, it's taken 20 more years than chess to get a machine to win against top-level players.

i bet you think american football is more popular than soccer as well.

Neither because im harder

A FUCKING LEAF