ITT: albums that aged like milk

ITT: albums that aged like milk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MJ9TD9vjegk
youtube.com/watch?v=VROJt3N8mNY
thehardtimes.net/news/local-man-insists-scene-died-stopped-going-shows/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're only saying that because big beat as a genre died around the very early 2000s so it sound distinctly 90s; that doesn't mean it aged badly
Quite the contrary I'd say, compared to other big beat and especially to breakbeat hardcore and other commercially successful dance music of the 90s The Prodigy's first three records have aged quite well

Ton of rave albums from that time period. I still like this sound though.
youtube.com/watch?v=MJ9TD9vjegk

Dubstep in general is way cornier

notice how so much of 90s stuff had "oval" logos
was that some early design program shit?

This guy knows what he's talking about

you crazy? easily one of the best electronic albums of the 90s

the youth dont listen to it because theyre too busy listening to dubby rap remixes they hear on COD montages

>albums that aged like milk
Actually for an electronica album this aged very well.
Listen to other forms of dance music at the time. This stil sounds fresh. Same with Chemical Brothers and even Fatboy Slim.

Breakbeat hardcore needs to be rediscovered. Addicted to it lately.

The Chemical Brothers is the only big beat act that aged gracefully, mostly because they did their own studio stuff as opposed to just using samples and sped up breakbeats

youtube.com/watch?v=VROJt3N8mNY

Not the entire album but quite a lot of it. Most of the hooks, quite a few lyrical references on Dark Fantasy immediately age it quite a bit, and Lost in the World as well as So Appalled probably get hit the most. They're nowhere near as good as when I first heard this, and I wasn't even a huge fan of them to begin with. POWER, Devil in a New Dress and Runaway are the only tracks that I don't think are dated at all.

DYOH is one of my favourite records.

Most early 10's electronic music has aged horribly. Mainly thanks to Trap and Big Room House.

Hell, even Eric Prydz 'Call on Me' sounds fresher and early 10's shit.

along with so much metal from the late '00s and early '10s, the super slick sound and heavy compression on everything is unpleasant to listen to and something which is happily being moved away from

While I don't think the music on these albums aged poorly, their album art certainly looks extremely dated.

Cloud Rap aged pretty well. Or atleast it sounds like it, but maybe because the production nowadays is often influenced by it.

Still a great album though

>Implying music can age like dairy products

Chemical Brothers certainly had a distinct sound to them.

IMO, Metal died as a genre in the 00's. Most interesting innovations were during the 70's, 80's and 90's. But by the 00's, it just became stagnant and repetitive.

depends. It aged quite well, the same with MFTJG, but I'd say ambient suff from that era aged the best plus some Autechre.

Slick sound and heavy compression is the biggest sin of mainstream metal ever since. I'd nuke Nuclear Blast.

SMACK MY BITCH UP

ITT: People who put no effort into finding new music

Nu-metal as a genre. Which is a shame, because I hold the unpopular opinion that there's some gems from that era that everyone discredits.

The ChemBros never made a track as pumpy as Breathe or Narayan so I disagree.

thehardtimes.net/news/local-man-insists-scene-died-stopped-going-shows/

and slipknot also isn't metal

fuck, is it bad that just looking at an image like this makes me want to bust a nut

i listened to this on tuesday

I think The Chemical Brothers is easily the most consistent group out of all of their contemporaries. I know some people ignore everything they did after Dig Your Own Hole but they have a pretty solid discography. Even the albums the dropped during their weak mid-2000's period had some great tunes on them.

Further is one of the best records they ever released. The Hanna OST is great too and the last album they dropped Born in the Echoes was quite solid as well.

lolno

>Tfw I thought this was a 10/10 2 years ago.

I've listened to plenty of modern Metal. They don't do anything new.

My point was that metal was creatively bankrupt, not that it doesn't exist anymore.

>and slipknot also isn't metal
Thats besides the point

That crab is probably dead now

only decent one they ever did