Oldfags give youngfags advice based on mistakes / past experiences

>oldfags give youngfags advice based on mistakes / past experiences

General life tips

Other urls found in this thread:

upwork.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just kill yourself now because it only gets worse.

I thought about it.

Let a new gag catch some advice

don't put tiger balm on the tip of your dick

Jerk of before dates and before any important life decisions about women

bumping

Make a career out of what you love. I know it sounds cheesy as fuck but its true. If you love it, it's not work. Don't ever listen to anyone else if they and try to influence your career path (Parents can fuck off, they never know what's best for you), when it comes down to it, it's your life.

Nice trips. What if I don't love anything?

/thread

Disagree. If you make a career out of what you love doing, you're going to ruin your favorite thing and burn yourself out. I wouldn't want to go to work and come home to do the exact same thing. It would feel as if I had never left the workplace.

Different fag here but this is an interesting point. What do you suggest for work?

The great lie of our times. Kill yourself please.

Stay close to your friends, if they treat you good then do the same to them. True friends and good people are hard to come by, don't lose them. Also there's no such thing as a "soul mate" or "the one". Life isn't a Disney movie.

Explain. The first part, I mean. I understood kill yourself.

Drink heavily and often, never let the low catch up.

I hit my mid 30's and after a good decade and a half of major league alcoholism, I had to stop. I just couldn't wake up and function anymore.

Learn how to work on vehicles. Being able to replace brakes, fix a suspension, or even just general maintenance on a car will not only save you money, but will add an additional skill you can sell yourself with.

Not immediately before because that puts you in that sorta sleepy-boring-too relaxed mode. 4/5 hrs before will do.

dont be in a rush to find a girlfriend or get married. always get a d.n.a test.stop and slow down once in a while.smell the roses so to speak. we old people know what we are talking about so when we try to teach you or tell you something listen. a kid i work with is making the exact same mistakes i did when i was his age.but like me when i was his age he wont listen to advice. stop with the partying. youre gonna regret that later in lifefocus on your career or school. women will come later if you think they are even worth it in this day and age ( they arnt)remember as a man your value increases as you get older.keep an open mind but be passionate about what you care about ( unless your a fucking weeb Sup Forumsrony or a libtard or a furry. people find you sick and you probably should seek help. i have more but its time for work.

I'm 28 and a functioning alcoholic. I guess it helps that I'm also a workaholic and a generally responsible person, but I wish I had never began drinking in the first place. Had my first drink 20 years ago.

is very true. You're gonna be working for most of your life, might as well enjoy it, as long as you make a good amount of money.
Capitalism is still cancer tho, not that I support communism
Also don't be afraid of talking to people if you're an antisocial fuck. The more you mess up, the better you get at talking to people. That's how I overcame my social anxiety and tism and now I have a great life. I was depressed as fuck just sheltering myself and thinking it was acceptable to be alone for my entire life. Now I'm truly happy

I "work" from home, so....... I really don't get this. Sucks to be you then I guess. I literally dont even work that much and I make tons of money.. so whatever.

I work from home once a week and I cannot do it 2 days consecutively, end up hating my room.

If you're an introvert, keep in mind that humans are social creatures, so force yourself to go out once in a while and be in public situations, not just parties but like malls and centers.

Something you're good at, but not what you're truly passionate about. I've worked the last 18years in warehouses. I'm good on heavy equipment, and have good organizational skills for working on the loading and receiving docks. But my passion is writing, which I pursue by posting short stories online. I know I'm not good enough to be a full time writer, but I still enjoy what I do.

Those "low self estime" and "daddy issues" bitches are not worth it

If you go to college figure out what you want to do on day one unless you're prepared to go for 6 years.

Taking out any type of loan should be an absolute last resort.

People in positions of power are rarely more capable or skilled, they are just better connected.

Marriage and children are prisons

Bitches ain't shit

This is actually good advice

Eat mustard in large quantities, it will enhance the amount of natural occuring testosterone in any old fag

>always get a d.n.a test
What?

no, defo no, never smell the roses. just hard dick and loaded guns, fuck the world or it will fuck you. trust me, i done it all!

Yeah but how do I figure out what I'm good at?

I assume he means paternity test, if you choose to have kids.

I feel you man. Like I said, it gets harder. Not trying to freak you out, just letting you know what to expect, as hard as that might be to believe at this point. Good luck Sup Forumsro.
I used to do warehousing/inventory myself. I was also good at it. Now I'm managing people, which I fucking hate. But yeah I was just autistic enough to be really accurate and enjoy inventory maintenance. Would do again/10

How is that confusing or unclear? If you have a child, always get a DNA test.
1. You might find out you're not the father, but at least you'll know soon and not after 14 years when your kid needs some sort of transfusion or transplant.

>trust me, i done it all!

Says the faggot shit posting on Sup Forums.

The company I work for tried making me a dock manager. As in, not giving me a choice. I submitted my 2 week notice. They put me back on the forklift, and gave me a $3/hour raise the next day. You couldn't put me on salary with a fucking GUN to my head.

retards wouldnt know a good advice, even if it was 29" and fucking them hard in the ear. good luck being a loser for the rest of your broke ass nigger existance.

The salary is fine but I'm just so fucking sick of being responsible for all those other faggots. It's like babysitting, and I don't like children. Good for you for keeping it real with yourself and with your boss.

before posting, read what you wrote as if it was someone else's post and see if you think its cancerous.

Sadly, by this point in your life, you might be too far along to actually learn that. I started by doing a lot of different things when I was like 13. By the time I was 17 I'd landed a job at a local furniture store, unloading delivery trucks. It's where I learned how to drive a forklift. I started working in warehouses that summer. Now I make $64k a year loading, and unloading trucks. And I actually like what I do.

dont leave your video game disks out of their cases

Yeah and don't let your stoned friends do it either.

dont do drugs

This, but unironically.

I make $24/hr, and any hours over 8 in a day are time and a half. At the end of the year I make roughly what a dock manager makes, and I'm not working 70+ hours a week. Plus, just like your complaint, most of my co-workers are fucking idiots. This way I work how I want to work, and I'm not forced to deal with those fucking mouth breathers.

Never marry your bartender.

need help fixing myself up

>19yo
>kissless hugless virgin
>stepfather who always fights with me and my mom since i was 7
>live in a shitty apartment
>redoing my last year of high school because i want to get the fuck out
>cant properly talk to women let alone get dates
>i don't even know what or how to do when around them
>even if i get a girl interested in me ( girls have had crushes on me before ) i don't know what to do or how to go further so it eventually fades
>can't think about the fact that i will bring a girl to my shitty breaking down apartment where my parents fight all the time
>really just want to end it all
>dont see a point in living

however i'm fluent in 5 languages, but still can't do shit about it.

>the universe puts the most complex thing in existence inside your skull
>you use it to drive a forklift for your whole life

Be careful who you accept advice from, especially on an anonymous image board

Should I ask a girl out at her work? The only other time I see her is before our class together and she's always with her friend.

If you're white, fuck a black person at least once.

tbh do as many drugs as humanly possible, life is to short not to be high all the damn time. also include mustard in your dayli food o rino, its good for the blood flow and it cleanses your kidneys

Always shit facing the BACK of the toilet to unkink your bowels. Otherwise, hemorrhoid city when you're older.

As long as you aren't creepy or weird about it, and if she's busy pick a better time

Fucking this. In fact, more specifically, fuck a big fat black bitch.

Talk to women like you talk to men.

> Lives in shitty apartment
> Tied down to domestic problems
> Doesn't sound like he has enough money to move out
> Worries about women

You haven't even gotten a girlfriend yet and she's already making you feel bad about yourself...

How is finding a woman to make you feel better about yourself even in the same thought as securing your future for yourself?

Women are fucking leaches and if that's really what you want so badly then get some blood in you, faggot.
>

Don't both with keeping up with trends as you age out of youth culture.

I'm studying language in uni. Translating and interpreting is not a bad job choice. And if you can reach the level of doing simultaneous translation, people will look at you like you are a god. Might help with your conversation skills too.

Ever since I was kid, I watched service providers jack up prices while cutting quality. I watched everyone around me take loans and credit cards to buy stuff they didn't need and couldn't afford. I resolved at about 10 or 12 years old that I would not get my pinky caught in the "machine" of debt, high utility bills and "keeping up with the Jone's". You younger guys should pay very close attention.

I have never taken out a loan or got myself saddled with a credit card. Credit is a HUGE scam in this country and only serves to make the credit card companies and banks rich. You absolutely can get a mortgage to buy a home with no credit, you just need at least 20% down. Yes the rate will be higher, but, after 3 years or so, you can refinance and get the same rate as everyone else. Repairs? Do them yourself. It's not rocket science. Afraid of electricity? Turn the power off before touching anything. Afraid of poop water? There are waterproof, disposable suits for that. For a very small amount of money, you can buy the how to books and a small amount of wire and pipe to experiment with until you get it right. If you can't use a level and swing a hammer, shoot yourself, you are polluting the gene-pool. Same goes for cars. Want a new one? Save the money and buy it outright. Need it now? You should have thought and planned ahead. A beater can be bought for $500 or less and will last as long as you care to keep it running. Routine maintenance and simple repairs such as exhaust, brakes and tune ups can be done by the most mechanically deficient person out there. The day you buy a car is the day you buy the repair manual for that car. The cost for tools for all these things is roughly $3000 to $5000, if you buy new. Take care of those tools and you will never have to buy them again.

Don't go to college. Go to trade school. Find a good conservative wife when you're young. Don't trust minorities unless they're openly right-wing.

Thanks user

I took a guess the other day based on all the home and car repairs I have done throughout my life. I have saved around $150000 in mechanic and tradesman labor costs.

I own a 1999 chevy pick up and a 2007 saturn ion, both of which were bought in cash. (I even turned the tables on Mr. Slick Salesman with the truck. Saved $2000.)

You need heat, electricity, food and water. You want T.V. and internet. You are required to have insurance. Heat? Wood burning stove. Yes, it's a lot of work,but you'll always be in good shape. (That also cuts out the cost of a gym.) I live in an area surrounded by woods so I don't pay for heat. The cost of buying wood for the season is about 3 times cheaper than oil, 5 times cheaper than propane and 10 times cheaper than electric heat. Just make sure your pipes are not going to freeze. There are a dozen ways of ensuring that. Solar panels and wind turbines are becoming cheaper and more efficient. Plant a garden, fish and hunt. This cuts yearly food costs dramatically. Water is only cheap if you have a well. As for hot water, I recommend propane with no electrical connection. That is the most efficient I have found and no worries about power outages. Also, use the propane for cooking. I bought my own propane tanks and get them filled my self at about 1/3 the price of the gas companies. T.V.? I hate it. It has become unwatchable in the last 10 years. I am switching to the roku box. Internet is the only thing I haven't figured how to get cheaper, yet. Home owners insurance is a given, just make sure you list and keep up with the contents of your home. In the event of a loss, you'll be covered for everything. Car insurance is waaaaaay cheaper when you own the car. Forget all that theft and collision crap, liability is all you need.

One last tip. A college degree is becoming more and more worthless in this country. Unless you get a degree in a field that will actually pay off, don't waste the time and money. Learn a trade is my advice. Things will ALWAYS have to be built and fixed. I do better than any 2 of my college graduate friends, with a few exceptions.

It took me far longer than it could have to get to this point, but that's the price of having kids with the wrong person. I wouldn't change a thing.

Never borrow money to buy a depreciating asset. Borrow for real estate or education, not for vehicles or consumer goods.

If you date a guy/girl who needs meds to be normal, the relationship will only last as long as the meds do.

suck nigger dicks, you will love it user

Be suspicious of anyone telling you not to get a higher education.

A person who wants you to be dumb is never your friend.

Stop worrying about being successful.

Define success first. Start at the end and work your way to the present.

Wanna retire with a wife and kids, and a cute little house in the mountains? Get a job, any job. Get another. If you aren’t in school you should be making $60k a year. Doesn’t matter how many jobs it takes to get there. Hustle. Don’t spend cash on SHIT. Live in a tin can, cardboard box. Get a cheap phone. Get a cheap plan. Buy decent clothes. Invest in yourself. Eventually you’ll have money stashed up. Eventually you’ll meet your wife. Be prepared for that . Don’t just wait for her to come along and make everything right. Fucking work to make it right and she will find you. Not he’s will be impressed by your ethic not my your means, otherwise toss them. Don’t waste time. It’s the most precious thing you have. Anyone fucking with you is a problem, drop them. Life is black and white. Treat it as such. If they aren’t helping you, then move on from them. If a purchase doesn’t help you, don’t make it. Eat right. Exercise. Brush your gowdamned teeth. Take care of yourself. Then when you find someone else that takes care of theirselves you aren’t trying to fucking fix each other. It’s a waste of time.

All assets depreciate. Period. Some take longer than others, some keep up with inflation but all assets are a means, not the end. Success is living to an old age happily, not making the most amount of money. Don’t get tied up that type of thinking...

"oldfag" has nothing to do with age, retard.

I make more than enough to support a decent lifestyle. My job isn't all driving a forklift, I have to breakdown freight, stack pallets, and hand unload trailers too, so it keeps me in relatively decent shape. And I have the skills needed to advance if I wanted to. Being happy doing what I do, and smart enough to realize I don't need the headaches that come with management, makes me smarter than most people are willing to give me credit for. I don't care honestly. In 5 years, my home is paid off. In 15 I'll have enough in my 401K to retire, and in 17 I have a full pension on top of that. By the time I'm 60 I'll be averaging $6500/month to do nothing but sit back and relax. And I'm gonna accomplish it all, simply by doing a job I enjoy doing.

If they talk a lot about other people to you, they will talk about you to other people. Sp keep away from those who talk too much.

Wise Old Fag here:
1. No one ever laid on their deathbed wishing they spent more time at work.
2. The hard part of dying isn't knowing that the party is over, it's knowing that the party is going to continue and you're not invited. So get out and enjoy the party while you can.
3. Girls typically don't age well. The hottie you're lusting over today will be a frumpy housewife in 15 years.
4. Women marry men thinking they're going to change them into what their dream man is. Man marry women thinking they'll never change. They're both wrong.
5. Condoms! Condoms! Comdoms!

what i want is to get laid or at least kiss someone to forget about my shitty life, even if it's for a couple of hours.

Welcome man :)

How did you get fluent in 5 languages? Do you live in a multilingual household or environment,
or did you just learn them for a reason? Also, what languages?

He's probably European. If he's American and speaks five languages that would be awesome, but unlikely.

If you can handle numbers, accountancy. Its dull as fuck, everyone hates doing it, the people doing it are boring shits who will hate you and themselves.

But it makes good money and you don't have to be smart to do it.

Everyone of the newfag gen thinks " i love playing vidya games" ill become a millionaire jewtuber by videos of me playing games.

Or skate boarding, or cooking or any of the other types of things kids like,

The reality is jewtuber is fucking pure cancer, and its cut throat. I know a "youtuber" who spends a solid 50-60 hour week doing what he "loves" whoring out to "fans" and he doesn't even make a living out of it, if you assume he got a minimum wage job and worked the same hours he'd end up with more money, admittedly he can "work" from home, but still.

Israelien parents, lived in Russia and moved to Germany, so i'm fluent in Russian, Hebrew, English, German and been living in France for the past 3 and a half years so i'm also fluent in French.

What do you do user?
> I work from home and i felt like fucking hitler.
Family cant be around, i have to concentrate on work.
Spend time with my family because its awesome, but then have to work till 3/4AM to get back on track.

Cant help out with house shit, im fucking working here.... jackass type. but if i break my focus its a dick to get back into that "work mode" in the end i quit, i couldnt standing missing family things for in reality not much money.

That's p cool famalam.

I second this

This is true.

With the overpopulated world it is now, doing a 'safe' procession is still no guarantee of a good life, seems everyone and his brother has a degree these days.

I'm not preaching.
But if you consider going to a camp in the USA, you'll find a lot of social outcast types, its a great place to network, those outcasts will have some that rise and shine in the world. Also you can easily fuck some dumb attractive American women. Which should raise your confidence with women. If you like it you can also work in the camp the following year, which is a good path towards getting a green card.

I have lived in the USA, and in some ways its fucking third world. But in others is pretty amazing, you can hand a job that you can actually progress with, and make stupid amounts of money. Healthcare insurance sales can be really good wages, others are just pyramids schemes, only giving you a few contracts and not room for growth.

Translators make good money, and German and Russian are useful.
If you lived in Russian you can probably move back there, but its harder to land those 5/6 figure jobs.

>Translators make good money
How is this still true with computer translation being as good as it is these days?

I can agree with this.
> Hired LOADS of people who spent 15 to 30 years doing what they LOVED.
> Even down to shitty just above minimum wage jobs.
> mass migration.
> We only hire legal people, but even then, the companies around us hire illegal, so tank the job market.
> No kid from school can get a job, even for minimum, when there are literally 500 people who are better qualified, years of that job experience, and better backgrounds going for that same shitty job.

I hate how this is, and i feel for those people working for less then £35,000 a year, they have been utterly fucked by these illegals, whom often also get social care on top of their wage.

We hire translators.
We have systems that translate documents, but most things we have 2 or 3 translators proof read.
Also we have them on contract so we can call them up and either screen something over to them and have them explain it, or if we have a client in the room we have a translator on the phone. Its the human touch. I don't see translators losing their jobs any time soon, even if we get 100% accurate software.

Some of the translators get paid a pretty good wage, per word. Especially if its an uncommon or generally uneducated language, we deal with a lot of shitskins. Who don't like education. So one that can read+speak English and whatevershittheyaretalkingistan get paid pretty well.

Did you ever try translating a legal paper? Or a medical report? Can a machine understand cultural differences?

>implying cars arent built *and* repaired fully automatic in large close-to-100%-automated factories very soon

not oldfag, but can already absolutely confirm.
you havent learned to speak until you have learned to speak a number of languages.

Guess that's a good point tbh.

Thanks for the answer, I thought you were perhaps Austrian, since it's bordered by several countries, but that's a pretty interesting mix of languages to know. You should really consider the advice of this user:

My cousin used to work online as a freelance translator, which earned her enough money to travel around the world, even though
she had no prior experience as a translator and knows only two languages (Dutch and English). She got work through this website:

upwork.com

Thanks man, i'll definitely check it out!

jack off while you text girls off tinder or okcupid
the horniness will put you in a headspace to make a few riskier, bolder moves, the kinds of moves that win or lose a connection like that. Dating and getting women involves a lot of going out on a limb, taking some leaps of faith, they don't always go right, but it's true that you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. You have to learn tact and decorum, but when nobody makes a move, nothing happens, ever. It's the homecoming dance and the girls are all on the opposite side of the gym, if none of you can walk across no man's land and ask the first girl out, there's not gonna BE a dance, for anybody.

Also, life is complicated and true, genuine decisiveness can be difficult, but women respond to that. Don't be a dick control freak, but act like you've been there before (ESPECIALLY if you haven't) and girls like a little direction.

In a generation of sarcasm, irony, dismissiveness, passivity, indecisive manchildren, of "hanging out" and "so what are we?"s and ghosting,
there's a lot of value in confidence, security, competence, definition, sincerity, honesty, earnestness, decisiveness, straight-shooting, etc.