What went so right?

What went so right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-sHz2KvVmMA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

loved it at first. now i think its kinda meh. you don't give free points just because you know tell the audience how average you are.

Leaving LA
that's about it.

It's alright. Contrary to this guy I hated it at first but warmed up to it a bit. The whole "joke" of it is pretty good, cliched yet sincere lamentations on the modern world set to corny 70's piano ballads. That's pretty funny, but it doesn't make it that notable of an effort.

youtube.com/watch?v=-sHz2KvVmMA
How boat dot

Basically nothing.
>muh irony
>it's a narration on human society
>*tips fedora*

aoty also is there anything more pretentious than acting like ur above fjms persona

Yeah, being below it.

yeah, thinking its a persona

>THERE IS NO GOD LIFE IS MEANINGLESS EVERYONE IS DUMB HAHA WEW EVERYTHING SUCKS
>I SUCK TOO BUT IT'S OKAY BECAUSE I'M SAYING I SUCK
totally not overplayed in modern indie music

eh, Tillman honestly isn't that much of an asshole. It's more like "a lot of us suck, including myself, but some of you don't suck so maybe we can learn to not suck, or else".

I don't think it's a great album but my turning point on it was when I realized it's not as douchey as it originally seems.

It wasn't a very good album but got very high reviews

That's what.

E V E R Y T H I N G

W E N T

R I G H T

10/10

I couldn't get through this piece of shit. Is there some sort of "I was only pretending" reveal at the end?

the reveal is that like many modern indie artists, FJM is incapable of being genuine and must hide behind a facade of multi-layered irony

Bingo.

>people think this boring piano crap with half-arsed political commentary is better than the rich beauty of Fear Fun or Honeybear

If I can't make out to it, it's not good Father John Misty

The previous albums where entirely genuine

this.
Fear Fun was a solid 8, Honeybear dipped into 6/7 territory and PC is a GENEROUS 5. there are great songs undoubtedly, maybe some of his best, but it's just way too bloated and samey.

AOTY

People need to take and ego check if theyre getting 'offended' by this album or FJM as a person.

Half the problem is that it doesn't even offend anyone. It doesn't call anyone out or point out the fallacy in anything real, it paints with a broad stroke of shallow nihilistic observations that everyone already heard in junior high.

I'm getting offended by its boringness

it is a persona