Who here /alcoholic/?

Who here /alcoholic/?

Come on you fucks.

I've already puked in a plastic bag tonight.

How much do you drink, what's your drink of choice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EFo84MVbVQ8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i dont have an addictive personality. but i am quite addicted to masterbating.
drinking feels pretty good, makes my social anxiety go away.

>drinking feels pretty good, makes my social anxiety go away.

That's the main reason I drink, it melts away the problems momentarily, I mean it really does!

But they return the next day with a vengence .. but that''s part of the fun.

not giving a fuck feels pretty good. i dont wanna drink though. been thinking of buying xanax though, so i dont look and stink like a drunk

Im not a very classy person

I do about a bottle of vodka a night after work. Fuck it

Fucking disgusting dude.

Produced and bottled in Ånus, sweden.

Same. I don't have an addictive personality either.

I enjoy drinking, but if I do, 2-3 drinks in a session usually cuts it. 4 or 5 maximum. And will happily go weeks without touching the stuff.
I mean it costs a lot, puts on weight, causes all sorts of health problems. The buzz is great but I don't need to feel it every day.

Honestly can't understand how anyone can become alcohol, makes no sense to me. Is it a weakness????

the swedes do like anus.

>Honestly can't understand how anyone can become alcohol, makes no sense to me. Is it a weakness????
depression.

Then just don't be depressed. Go outdoors, do shit, keep a routine, sleep regular hours, stay focused, exercise, make plans. Am I an insensitive idiot or is it really hard for someone who is depressed.

Also. White rum, apple cider or a red wine works for me. Cant drink beer, makes my stomach feel terrible and gets me all lethargic and gassy

I was alcoholic for years and did other drugs as well

Then one day I was doing bath salts with my step sister and I started puking and puking and puking, and wasn't well for days and my body rejected all drugs and alcohol

I more or less stopped.
Now if I feel like detoxing I can drink . . . about a bottle of spirits does the trick, and my body insists on detoxing for the next few days

It's quite handy, I can give up tobacco with it because it's such a strong aversion to any poison.

Not alcoholic, but I've been drinking a lot by myself lately. I've been routinely feeling miserable and alcohol takes that away for a moment. Getting drunk on average 2-3 times a week. So I reckon that's a healthy amount. Drink of choice: vodka tonics, then just move on to shots as I get drunker.

Used to be whiskey and vodka. Git me into the hospital and ever since i just drink strong beets like gordon and shit.

I only drink 1-2 beers every evening because it tastes good

>Just don't be depressed.

...wat

>Every evening

I guess that makes you an alcoholic

don't be depressed...

hey, op, i quit drinking like a year ago, but i would drink a bit over a liter of vodka a day. the first dirnk of the day were always the best, isntand and complete gratificaiton.e.

You're an insensitive idiot and gtfo with your holier than thou drinking choices, no one gives a shit about your beer farts

I try to drink less. I like beer, but buy cheapest whiskey I can, since its cheaper and gets me drunker and I end up visiting liquor stores twice a week instead of like every 2 days.
I actually want to quit cause when I press under my ribs on my right side I do feel a bit of pain, assuming my liver is a bit bigger than it should be.

I can't drink anything but beer. It sucks. Tried some campbell whiskey not long ago, didn't like it at all. The only way I can drink anything else than beer or wine and not be bothered by the taste is by being already drunk.

Beer and bourbon

My drinking stock.

Also boodles gin and Wild Turkey 101

Youre telling me. But it does get you piss drunk, and its cheap, so it has something somewhat going for it

youtube.com/watch?v=EFo84MVbVQ8

10 yrs hard drinking.
look up ' peripheral neuropathy '

35 and i walk with a cane. feel nothing but pain below my knees.

last month i got up (sober) to take a piss and my ankle just gave out, twisted iinwards and i went down.
3 fractures and a half nigger looking foot.

cant stop won't stop, baby

focal banger.
new england FTW

I have peripheral neuropathy. The funny thing is I only started drinking after I was diagnosed with it because it's such hell to deal with. If we're going down, we might as well go down burning. Wish you well, user.

Don't see myself as an alcoholic. But I drink a glass of scotch every evening. Never feel like drinking more unless I go out and can survive without it.

Been thinking about trying vodka sodas with a lime wedge

been drinking beer and mostly bourbon for 9 years now

and SMOOTH vodka recommendations?

*hic*

All vodka is the same shit imo, just find a nice mixer to go with it. After a few strong drinks you won't really care about how smooth it is.

Personally I recommend sugarfree lemon or lime soda.

tried this yesterday. liked it.

TASTE

i didn't even know it existed.
tell me about your symptoms.

I like my self made vodka

>booze in Finland too expensive
>cheapest booze tastes like shit
drinking just beer

Alcohol is such a boring drug. Only plebs enjoy this shit.

Alcoholism is mainly a smokers problem.
When you toxify yourself with inhaling chemical poison, alcohol is the only solvent that will make you feel better.

Also, its not the same how and what you drink.

It's totally different to drink so much in short time that you pass out, than when you drink little bit at a time all day long.

Also, colored alcohol is not good, or carbonated. Only drink distilled clear alcohol.

Drink pure ethanol if you can and dilute it to around 5%, clear clear water preferred.

Protip...

>drinking because you enjoy it
lol no

I am currently doing all this shit and am still depressed. I exercise, eat under 1700 calories and good food only, I don't play vidiya and watch only hipster cinema, read a lot, study well, have some friends, go to sleep and get up every day at the same time. Only shitty things I do is smoke a cig a day and masturbate once every two days. I have been living this way for 10 days now cuz I thought it would help depression. It doesn't really, I am highly functional and feel physically good, as much as it is possible to feel good when depressed, and I can even fake perfect happiness for the people arround me, but maaan do I feel shit! I feel the worst it has ever been, but the difference is this time I do shit that I see no point in until after I've done it. I blame noone that turned to alchohol, cuz I know I was that person 12 days ago and I will be soon again. Physical health doesn't equal mental health.

Then what other reasons are to drink then?

>inb4 alcohol taste

Pain, just pain. Some people get weakness and/or numbness. I just get the pain. Sometimes it feels like someone sticking kebab skewers through my feet and twisting it.

you're saying beer is no good?

user here reporting for drinking , finished this the other night

My man.

its a good gin, i don't see why not

>t's totally different to drink so much in short time that you pass out, than when you drink little bit at a time all day long.

i guess drinking all day long is worse?

easily accessible, socially acceptable, cozy and simple

YES, beer is no good.

Carbonated drinks remove oxygen from the body. Also there is left over yeast in beer that causes intestinal problems. Yeast also makes methanol in your gut.

All undistilled alcohol contains toxic side products that cause serious damage in the long run.

i just had kidney surgery but still i need my booze

Boringgg

Shit guys. Please get help. It really ain't good to drink that much and you are likely doing serious damage to your organs. Please guys. I think that you know that it can be better. By definition right now is all there every is, you can make a choice now. What happened in the past is gone now. What might happen in the future is not happening now. Love you all.

Daily/nightly drinker. Don't really care what but gin is my favorite. St George Terroir is the best but usually too expensive.

Currently sipping on a Beefeater and tonic.

Drinking for about ten years and heavily for five. I am successful and high functioning still.

Depressed a lot of the time and it's how I self-medicate. I generally don't trust doctors and taking pills to basically flatten you out and make your dick limp seems retarded to me. I'd rather feel it all.

i hate the taste but love the effects...i sleep like a baby, I dont care, i feel alive, and I dont remember anything

>10 days
Thats your problem here m8. Its not a fast proces. 10 days is nothing. You do good stuff but for some of them, it takes months to take any effect.

Just discovered this. So good.

its a fukken liqueur why bother

is it like Calvados but with pears?

what do you mean?

Nah. I'm not sure how to describe it. Botanical. A lot of layers. Pairs well with gin.

I am feeling progressively more shit during the 10 days tho. Day 2-5 were great and then it felt like I was faling in a pit. And the timeline fits with when I was drinking. Few days feeling great followed by few days I feel falling in a pit.

That said I am not planing to stop with the healthy living, cuz I need to study and I need to find a job. But I probably will get shifaced next saturday if I know myself.

LOL, drinking to brain damage is worst thing you can do to yourself, after smoking.

Drinking little bit all day long just makes your body collect fluids and puff up. Alcohol dilutes your blood and makes it more easy to hold water.
When you drink alot liquids, specially mild alcohol, you tend to also consume alot salts and that makes you gain weight.

Need to be careful that you don't get too huge gut...

This gin.

liqueur are a mixer and take forever to get me drunk...ALSO i hate mixing my drink. straight not chaser

it feels like someone is scraping the meat off my bones with a spoon.

are you on meds? i take lyrica. makes sleeping easier when you get a jolt.

Its like 110 proof so its not exactly weak. There are better options to get drunk, but I don't really drink to get smashed.

For me...only at weekends...and I try to run every day...stay under 1800 calories on weekdays

so you don't drink it straight? it has to be mixed?

mix with beer. WHOOOO LAWDY11!

did you miss OP opening line of... Who here alcoholic/?

sometimes it creeps up on people and then before they know it bam the addiction has become a dependency.
Shit happened to me. I drank casually in my early 20s. Maybe a beer or something after work, then a few on weekends with friends.
Eventually I found myself drinking tall cans, having one or two a night while playing games.
then I went through a rough patch, and found myself drinking 4 a night before bed. It just got out of control and it was hard to stop.

No I usually drink it straight, but it mixes well with gin. I don't like mixing typically. A liquor/liqueur should be able to stand on its own.

meh

How did you stop?

you faggots are gonna let this thread turn to shit because most of you are still living with mom and dad and have no understanding of misery and real pain and suffering. I miss the old Sup Forums

>4 a night before bed
>out of control

Shut the fuck up you sissy.

Thats great. Have some hope for brighter future, and it might come. I was high and drunk every spare moment for 2 years and then stoped (Soon enough I guess). And just the ability to give a fuck about anything or anybody was worth it.

Ok cool. I appreciate your honesty in replying to me. I'll be the first to out my hand up and say I don't know how this shit works. I've not walked in your shoes so don't see things as you do.
Good on your for making steps to fix things. More power to you mate. I gotta wonder about the time frame though. Not even two weeks in not seeing a total change so you give up. Surely this isn't a quick fix, gonna take more than a handful of days to change tack. Good thing is you know you can go that far. I hope you give it another go and hopefully you can get further down the line.

All the best man

lol wut

I'll get my violin out

What we call human "Fat" is mainly composed of water over 80% and little bit oils and salts.

Only thing making you loose weight is dehyrating yourself or sweating. Stressing muscles won't make you loose weight, but only make your muscles grow bigger.

Eating does not make you fat, drinking does.

We have all been fooled to think that drinking alot of liquids is good, but alcohol is bad.

It's all about knowing what you drink and how you drink it, how fast and how strong.

Not just how much.

Shots are for stupid ppl...

I haven't stopped per say.
I know my limit and if I do drink it will never go above that limit.

I guess I sort of just grew out of it.
Alcoholics aren't really addicted to the substance, they are trying to suppress something from an outside influence, environmental, work, breakups, deaths in family, money problems that cause depression.

I did stop for a while, only after I started noticing my health changing. And it took a fuck ton of will power and for the first month my doctor prescribed me with some medication to help with sleeping.
Key is to just keep busy, keep busy all the time, tire yourself out. and will power to stay away from bars, parties, and booze shops.

please because this thread is hurting me heart..its full of retards drinking not knowing that its misery and pain and out and loveness

That was in the beginning of the downward spiral.
In my worst I was drinking average 8 tall tans a night plus what ever cheap spirit I could find to make me pass out.
Drank at work, before work, during work while driving to work.
truck had all sorts of empty cans stuffed under the seats.
I'd go to parties and blackout, I'd puke several times at bars...

same about drinking on weekends all day long, but I do drink a shit load, I just never black out. I think its partly my muscle density and having drank for so long that I have tolerance.

Also I do so much exercise for my job that its impossible for me to gain weight. I probably need 4000 calories at least each day.

Been drinking a lot of this lately. I mostly drink rum anymore. I drink beer one night a week and rum two nights a week for the most part. Been a pretty heavy drinker for close to fifteen years now. Quit for a few years, but came back to it after a divorce.

Nice. Cheers for the reply. Originally I wanted to find a calorie efficient alcohol, but I just want to pack it up completely. I drink to avoid life...plain and simple. It ain't even social and it is just something to replace my (once) use of recreational drugs. Cheers for the knowledge dude.

>I just never black out
then why bother to drink...

...having trouble following your line of thinking. Drinking to access is fucked up. Everyone has their own reasons and I don't think it is helpful to assume that anyone's reasons are insignificant. It ain't a competition.

Thanks man, I'm trying
check out I'm not giving up. Getting drunk once doesn't mean it'll go on, or at elast I hope it won't.
After all I don't even have clinical depression and my peak alchoholism was 300ml whiskey and 2 beers an evening, which is not that much. I have things that make me happy, but they are 2000 km away and I won't be seeing them until christmas.

Wellcome to the club.

Depression is caused by your inner conflict. Your feeling powerlesness and your indecision.

If you learn how to let go all the shit, and truely start living your life the way you desire, you will realise, that depression is a good thing, that forces you to change yourself and grow inside.

Fuk everyone else. Only what matters, is you.

Also, fysical body is the mind. There is no healthy mind in a unhealthy body.

Again, protip...

scared to even stop for a day.

most people get fucked up to not feel the pain of what part they played in the situation...you would know this if you gonna burned or burned others

black outs are part process irregardless

:)

Alcohol is like a supersugar, alot energy.

The problem with drinking alot all the time is that it is consuming and stressfull for the body. It is alot of work to "burn" that sugar.

So drinking alot will make you constantly tired and weak. In the and you will not have desire to do much more but drink and sleep.

But hey, that is not always a bad thing.
Sometimes its just best to take a timeout, look at your life and drink away your problems.

Drink so much that you can't drink more, and then drink Some more, until you forget what you were miserable for. But drink wisely, drink pure and don't drink too much too fast.

I have drunk SO much, I just got bored with drinking.
Now I drink just to make the time pass more quickly.

* excess * you doublenigger

Vitamin B-1 (thiamine) supplements help prevent it, since alcohol reduces the absorption of it. 17 years nightly heavy drinking here and still going strong.