I made szechuan sauce. It tastes way better than the McDonald's sauce did 3 weeks ago

I made szechuan sauce. It tastes way better than the McDonald's sauce did 3 weeks ago.
I have no idea why all those nerds lined up. Everyone of us employees got some and believe me, you missed nothing.

>Not posting your recipe

this is bait

Half cup of water, half a cup of white vinegar, two teaspoons of apple vinegar, three table spoons of szechuan bean paste, table spoon Karo syrup, quarter cup of soy sauce, half a cup of white sugar, a quarter teaspoon of ground ginger, a quarter teaspoon of garlic powder, a quarter teaspoon of onion powder. Add corn starch to thicken after reducing.

You'd think that with that high IQ of theirs they'd be smart enough to just buy a bottle at store or make their own

Thx bby

>cornstarch
learn to cook, faggot

It's the McDonald's recipe. Minus the xanthan gum and preservatives

exactly
Sous Chef at McDonalds
11.75/hr

Unless you work at the factory all you'd have to go off of is the ingredients list.

Luckily having tasted it reconstruction minus the preservatives and with more flavor wasn't difficult

>making anything better than McDonald's
thats hard since when?

and you don't need cornstarch to make it or thicken a sauce

Well it's on the ingredients list. So they use it.

The easiest way to thicken a sauce with plain flour is to make a flour slurry. Simply mix equal parts of flour and cold water in a cup and when smooth, stir in to the sauce. Bring the contents to a simmer for 5 minutes to cook away the raw flour taste.

In the cartoon, the whole point was that Sichuan sauce was an arbitrary thing to decide on as a cause.

The whole point was that the sauce is actually stupid and pointless, but that sometimes a stupid and pointless motivation is better than no motivation. They could as easily have said "berry circus peanuts".

So, the fans who went nuts about the sauce?

Either they were doing it ironically?

Or they didn't understand the show they were getting fannish about and were just sheep to a cultural phenomenon.

I'm voting column B.

More of this?

I came into this thread expecting Mustard Gas baiting

this will however introduce roasting aroma into the sauce wich can screw with the flavor combination you want to achieve .

Or C, they just wanted a poster. A lot more people were asking for the posters than the sauce. They should have made more posters

we all know that the audience is far too smart to not understand the show ....

i bet OP would try to thicken his gas with cornstarch

Which in this case is good and called for. I'm just not seeing the problem. Other than the fact they ran out of all of the above in less than 3 minutes. 20 packets of sauce and 10 posters? That's bullshit

Thusbwhybusing something tasteless like starch (either potato or corn starch is fine) or agar instead of flour.

Fuck off, faggot

its a fastfood chain that is anal about bland but completely consistent flavors and i seriously doubt that the higher ups would allow any of the local joints to produce their own sauces . the franchise basically lives off selling their copyrighted sauces.

the point of this whole stunt was to test the demand and create even more hype to cash in as muhc as possible on the fad not to fulfill the local demand.

They don't but they could have produced a lot more. The ingredient list is on the packet.

Cornstarch is the de facto thickener for sauces. What would you use?

Stop trying to act like a pretentious prick when you've probably never had a culinary class or cooked anything that didn't come in a box.

I'm going to give this a try, thanks user. Better not make mustard gas.

cornstarch is a 1 shot thickener. fine if you're doing something in a rush and will still consume before you cool it and re-use it.
and if you really wanna be a faggot, i used to teach culinary (pastry). and corn starch to thicken a sauce is an easy way out.

And how is it being a one shot a problem? You're not reheating it. You're serving it room temp. There is literally nothing wrong with the recipe.

alright then what's the master's way?

other than food gum or eggs or just 'reducing the liquids'

you cant reduce that recipe. its all sugar to begin with. you'll end up with spicy caramel.
1st off, i'd say if i wanted szechuan sauce, i'd start with actual real chilies and peppercorns.
But OP was after remaking mcdonanld's shit. which this recipe is probably fine for, but doesn't make it 'not shit' and 'taste better'.
the shit out of kim kum lee bottle is better than mcdonald's.
>water
>vinegar
>shit from a jar
>corn syrup
>sugar
>spices from a jar
no wonder why this needs cornstarch

Yep. That's what I've been saying to all the spazzs and "high iq" fans since it started. Just. Fucking. Make it. It's no secret. Jesus. It's not even good.

i mean..fucking corn syrup...