8.5/10

9/10

...lol

Only mildly liked this the first time

Excellent idea to revisit it

9.25/10

It's honestly about as good as cross imo

8.4/10

amazing ability to sample and create funky grooves as well as bizarre bone shaking beats.

9/10

Good to know, haven't listened to it yet

Still getting familiar with it but I'm feeling about a 7.5/10.

Last album, pic related; 7/10
Good listen but nothing mindblowing.

Listening to SomaFM / Cliqhop (IDM) right now; which ranges from 7 to 9 /10

9/10

Perfume is fucking amazing

8.4/10
I don't really like Seance In The Sixth Sense and it drags on for too long

Forgot the rating. 10/10

7/10
Pretty good, not on the same level as their earlier stuff though.

13 year old me would agree, so would 22 year old me.

7/10

8.7/10

9/10

4/10.
pretty fucking disappointed. they lost their sound from previous albums for shit pop, some songs sound like they were written by high school students.
the only good songs were released as singles before the album was out. do not recommend listening.

You have shit taste, OP

7/10

6/10
8/10

9/10

Nice! Which tracks were your faves?

8.5/10

7/10
6/10
5/10

10/10, can't stop listening to it

7/10
Pretty good.

Once a faggot, always a faggot

8.2/10

8/10

8/10

a strong 7, to an 8......

... to a light 8, fuck user get it right

idk, it can take anywhere from 3 to 10+ listens for me to start firmly organizing my thoughts and true feelings towards and album.

If I had to rate pic related at the moment I would probably go with a 7 in the lower range. Stash and Tweezer are obviously incredible pieces but they really don't hold a candle to the monolithic expansions of the live versions. Llama & Guelah Papyrus prove that Phish could write smart & catchy pop songs but there are too many interludes + unnecessary tracks (The Mango Song, The Landlady etc) .

listening to this next

8/10

8.5/

9/10

While im sure there are better emo albums out there, there aren't too many:

7-8/10

9/10

9/10

9.5/10, I Can't Keep Running was fucking chilling

god that was such a good album, too bad nobody remembers it

it's talked about so often tho

9/10

5/10

20 tracks, only a few were interesting. It's just not Hype Williams without Inga and Dean

Solid 8.5.
I know it's nothing new or innovative but fuck it's good.

9/10

My favorite Oh Sees album now, but maybe I'll get tired of it over time.

8.5/10
good as heck

It's a 7/10 at best. there are a few highlights on this album and is a good first listen but nothing really sticks like the stuff on cross and some tracks on AVD. Not really something you'll be putting on repeat.

6.5/10... maybe 7/10

8.5-9/10

7-8/10 not an album I would play all the time but there are some really nice bangers on this album from the likes of Flat Beat and Monday Massacre.
The opening track, second track, and last track are all 8-9/10 but yeah 7/10 for the album as a whole is fair.
bruh Audio video disco was better than this. personally 6/10 for me. the only track I listen to from it now ironically is "Stop"

9/10 desu

7.5/10

only listened to it once so far though, the dark ambient sections are really fucking good, but the distorted dixie jazz stuff is very similar to his first album

8/10

8/10

8-9/10

>-1/10
It's not that bad

10/10 lad

you got a giggle out of me user, good stuff

he meant 7.1 you fuck
>what is order of operations

9/10

7.5/10
Liked it a lot, Killuminati was great

Also I just listened to this, which is solid 9.5/10. One of my favorite albums of all time desu

Really? Thats his best album imo, its practically a perfect 10. What didnt you like about it?

Sup Forums has such shit taste why am i even surprised

personally 10/10, that's all that matters

7/10

haven't listened to it in awhile, liking it more now that I've listened to more electronic music compared to when I first heard it

9+/10

Wish I liked Spirit of Eden as much.

Bummer, I enjoyed the fuck out of Forever

Ah, what did you think of it user? I absolutely love that album, perhaps my favourite of the year thus far, not that there is a particular degree of competition this time around.

Listening to an album now though but it's not over so, pic is: 7/10

I think their best is Let Love In or maybe Henry's Dream. I also really, really like The Good Son. I'm making my way through their discography in chronological order, so my current favorites might get dethroned.

As for what I didn't like about The Boatman's Call, I found some of the lyrics and chord progressions silly, corny, awkward, or dull. I think some poor creative decisions were made and they're more visible (to me) than on their other albums.

I dislike/hate:
>Black Hair
>Green Eyes (unlistenable IMO)
>Into My Arms' chorus, but I'm warming up
>People Ain't No Good's lyrics sound like they should be a joke but they're genuine, and I'm a fucking grouch

I like/love:
>Lime Tree Arbour
>Brompton Oratory (not gonna lie, I didn't like it at first, but the Hunchback of Notre Dame reference broke the ice)
>Are You the One I've Been Waiting For
>Where Do We Go from Now but Nowhere
>West Country Girl
>Idiot Prayer
>Far from Me

In retrospect, I was too harsh. 7/10 or 7.5/10. And, in the context of their discography, The Boatman's Call becomes more impressive as yet another demonstration of The Bad Seeds' exceptionally wide range.

7.5/10