What is love?

What is love?

It has been a while since I've felt any kind of romantic attraction to anyone—years— and I've been wondering.

Is devotion to a certain someone worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HEXWRTEbj1I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

love is dopamine firing when you think of a particular person

Baby don't hurt me. don't hurt me, no more.

Baby don’t hurt me

It's what happens when you grow used to someone and never see them again. Hurts like a bitch sometimes.

youtube.com/watch?v=HEXWRTEbj1I

I saw this, too!

Love is wanting what's best for someone regardless of how it effects you.

Falling in love is like a euphoric insanity which usually ends in the most devastation you can experience.

get off the fucking pharms if you want to feel human emotions

The crushes I've had all ended in just fading into nothingness. I didn't say anything nor did I really show anything. Would you—and other people—say that such feelings eventually leave oneself? I can't wrap my head around people loving a single person for years and years. Then again, I'm someone who runs out of fuel in most relationships and could sever ties more or less easily...

>What is love?
baby don't hurt me

Hey, check em

Well I lived with my ex for over five years and I still love her.
She dumped me because I was in immature psychopath and a "sex addict".

I am never going to contact her again, but I really hope she is happy and well.

I think about her often and I have felt the urge break the jaws of my friends who starts to talk bad about her when I'm venting about what she did.
So no I don't think it leaves you if you really love someone.

I'm considering graysexuality, to be honest.

Fell in love guy here
Good luck with that.

My best friend is the best mgtow example I will ever know. He's really good looking and deflects hot women all the time. He sleeps with hot women occasionally, but only under the terms that they know it's a fling.
I envy his lack of sex addiction and discipline. I'm pretty sure I would keep banging any hot woman until she came a dozen times and start falling in love when we keep coming back to bed together. Idk how he can stop himself from falling in love,but I also think he doesn't enjoy sex as much as I do.

I take benzos to not feel emotions. That seems to help.

Fell in love guy.

Goodnight guys. Need sleep

One of my crushes lasted a good 1-2 years but faded out, as I mentioned, and I didn't feel anything about her afterwards. Neither sadness, regret nor happiness in her current state.
Then again, I've never been in any kind of romantic or sexual relationship.
I could see myself having one-night stands, but would I feel satisfied with them? Perhaps not, and I would believe it to be immoral of me to go after someone (sexually) only for a single reason and nothing else. Having sex is pretty intimate, no?

Love guy again
Uh yes, it's intimate. We gazed into each other's eyes and said we loved each other/ wanted to be together forever. We fucked everywhere you can imagine. The floor the couch, the balcony, hot tubs, bath tubs, my bedroom floor when visiting my parents, beds of hotels,showers, of course our bed which I threw away, probably more. We never got to fuck on the dryer though, that was my next idea.
I didnt just love her for the sex we had, she did many things for me and showed she cared when I wasn't my best.
I told her I never wanted to get married and said no many times. I've had issues with trust and they've only gotten worse.

Op is 2meirl4meirl
Couldnt tell ya

Well, I'm sorry I can't always be fake. :^)

Im right there with u my dude

wewlad

Lover guy again.

If you've never felt like a part of you is missing then you've never been in love. I hope I helped.

Goodnight guys. I really need to sleep

But yeah, I'll try to understand the world of human relationships on a participant level, not on an observant one. It'll be tough, I'm sure, but I'll try.
Thanks, everyone.

Lover guy again
Don't try. You will fall in love and when you lose it you will become a monster. I did at least.

At least I'll become something.

if they are devoted to you as well, it's the most important investment you'll make in your life. but ONLY if the relationship is equal in that sense.

But would the risk of being broken worth the potential lover?

Lover guy.
Whatever man. I warned you. It's an empty feeling. Even though on paper I have lots going for me I have a combo of no esteem and narcism go the point that I take risks/do things I never would have done before. I've been fired and arrested since. Don't worry the charge won't stick

two 2+ year relationships that seemed either perfect or great (one was the typical first love bullshit)

in both cases they cheated on me

never thought id feel anything for anyone ever again, this lasted for two years, had some hookups here and there and fwb for a while

then i fell in love again in the more absurd of circumstances

love is simply when you cant imagine your life without someone, or rather when someone comes along that fits into your life so perfectly, your heart tells you they're special, whether it's platonic or not.

I have my future in my own hands. I'll pull through and take my own decisions. We'll see how it goes. Thank you, and now go get some sleep. :)

I understand.
A problem I can see is that I tend to be the type of person who always has a backup plan. If everything goes wrong, go to plan B. If plan B goes wrong, go to plan C. And so forth, though I usually don't fuck up too badly, if I dare say so.
And as for the impossibility to imagine oneself without a certain someone, it could very well mean that I have never loved anyone truly. (I'm guessing that the statement changes with different people, aka parents and/or job stuff.)

that is quite a risk. and the only answer I have for that is to be very picky about who you let in. Lay out your cards onto the table. If they're serious about a serious relationship they will follow suit and you can really see if you match up or not. if they don't then they're not serious and you can move on. Don't waste your time with lust. If you're looking for love don't let up until you find it. Don't pass up pussy of course especially if you want it. But don't give up yourself until you've found the one.

>Don't give up, avoid the meaningless, and persevere until you find the rare gem.
I understand. Thank you.

exactly. np man.

ive been dead broke for 4 years and my plan B and C and D has always been bullshit, either due to the inviability or, more importantly, love has gotten in the way

i used to be cold, bitter, and somewhat content with being alone forever, but I realize life is a lot more excited when you simply take risks towards those dangerous things that draw you in most

totally contrary to anything i really believed in after the end of my last long term relationship, but, whatever; id rather feel pain than nothing at all at this point

ive felt nothing for far too long