Hot sauce discussion thread

Hot sauce discussion thread

>what is you favorite sauce?
>do you dislike a specific sauce?
>Do you use it every day? If so, on what?
>Discuss

P.S. samefag from weeks before

I've tried more than a dozen different hot sauces, on literally almost everything. My opinion?
The best hot sauce is one that has actual, discernible flavor while still being spicy. Sauces that are all heat are nigger-tier.

got a 12 pack for christmas, working on 2 red ones right now, it just tastes like tabasco
gonna try a green one next time

Louisiana is solid

>'you favorite sauce'
Tapatio

My hot sauce ratings

>1. Siracha
>2. Tapatio
>3. TexasPete
>4. Tabasco

Thats all of the ones that ive tried, that i can remember

I meant
>list
not
>ratings

Best hot sauce you ever had?
Worst hot sauce you ever had?

Isnt it called sriracha?

>Tapatio
easily
everything else is for communists

Don't hate me but Texas Pete is delicious. Louisiana sunshine is good. Texas Pete hotter hot is suddenly spicy but tastes bad. I hate the flavour of jalapenos and habaneros but I made a stew with "Chilean devil horn" that some amigos at work gave me and I'll be damned if it wasn't good.

I've moved on past hot sauce and into just putting minced thai peppers in everything.

2enlightened

I left out an 'r' i don't care its still good hot sauce

1. Blairs Original Death Sauce
2. 357 Mad Dog

>Best
Technically it's not a hot sauce, but I fucking love the liquid that comes with canned chipotle peppers. I will fucking eat anything if its covered in it
>Worst
El Yucateco, I think the green one. That was nothing but pure agonizing heat. Why the fuck would you do that to yourself, goddamn

El yucateco is my favorite, put it on almost everything. The green is the best of their line up, good heat but good flavor as well.

I've been enjoying hot ones hot sauce

I've got some stuff that my dad's coworker makes. He's in the process of scaling up to make this his primary income source, it's all pretty good. Tabasco is fucking gross and you're a bad person if you like it.

Red Hot
Tiger Sauce
Louisiana
I like flavor, not blind heat.

Haha, excellent.

Pitbull from Man's Best Friend Sauces is the best hot sauce I've ever tasted, and its probably a 15k-20k on scoville.
Sauces that are designed to be too smokey like Pain 100% ruin anything theyre put on, same goes for almost any sauce over 80k scoville.
Hot sauce goes on literally anything that includes meat or pasta. no ragrets

Tiger sauce,
Valentina,
Sriracha,
Sriracha-mayo,
Sriracha-barbecue sauce,
Sriracha-honey-mustard,
Tiger-mayo.

I've been eating the shit out of Cholula but I need to mix it up.

Ive never had Valentina but some of the guys I work with told me i need to try it

I hate Louisiana and Texaspete

Tabasco and Frank's are my favorites, they accent what you put them on. Pukka Pepper sauces aren't bad either. Don't particularly like Mexican hot sauces like Cholula or Tapatio, but I don't each much Mexican either. Gourmaaise is great with hamsteak BTW.

I use Louisiana, El Yuc Green, Melinda's XXX, and fresh serrano peppers depending on what Im eating

I have a bottle of Da Bomb, I think its made by the same people who make Daves Insanity. Its 120,000 scoville units. I use a little dot on the tip of a knife in a bowl of chili, about the size of a grain of rice. I also use it to make spaghetti sauce have some zing. Had the same bottle since 2009, it doesn't get moldy. If you want more flavor, you can use this with the red chinese packets. I just use it for the heat, because I already know how to make flavor. This shit is not for flavor.

I dont have a favorite because I like the pain from it. But If i had to choose Id say BOSS sauce its not really a hot sauce but mix it with a buffalo sauce and its called Tommy sauce real good stuff.

>Hot sauce
>Implying that it shouldn't be hot
Then don't eat it and be a little bitch faggit. And enjoy sweating after three bites of hot Cheetos

I just started getting into hot sauces I usually have Sriracha, Cholula garlic, tobasco. Portugallo is probably my favourite so far. Probably going to pick up some guy fong chili garlic, scotch bonnet sauces and find some habanero sauces. My tolerance for heat is increasing. Jalapeno is my least favorite pepper in terms of flavour. When they stick that thing raw in burrito and sausages seeds and all is just ew. Such bad flavour.

I do the same. I also have some blair's ultra death sauce that it 800k scoville. The best testing HOT sauce I have is The Rapure. Would highly recommend.

Just because it is too hot for you to handle, does not make it a bad hot sauce. I would recommend trying raw peppers, but if certain sauces are too much then fresh pepperd are way outside your sphere.

I been buying a hot sauce called Fix. Its my favorite so far, a bit pricey but in my opinion very worth it. I put it on most of the things I eat.

This but ultra death. Ultra death is one step hotter than this one. I also like sriracha, red hot, and texas pete hotter.

Thank you user for not being a fucking faggit like that Jew

>green El Yucatan
>nothing but heat

You colossal pussy. I am the same way as you, stuff that's just heat is gross, but El Yucatan has an excellent habanero flavor. It's not even that hot

Kek fag do you eat at Chipotle? Cause all I see is gay shit Americans eat

Just a consumer of exceptionally spicy food. Most people I socialize with won't humor eating the food I do, due to the spice content. It did not happen overnight though. It takes time and tolerance buidling.

Same. On the flip side of the coin, now nothing marketed as 'spicy' ever is, even at Asian and Mexican restaurants I ask them to make it as hit as possible and it's still a disappointment.

On the regular, franks extra red hot sauce
I really enjoyed Dave's Insanity Ghost Pepper sauce. However, nothing will beat slicing up fresh peppers, eapecially ghost peppers.

Louisiana hot sauce go to accoutrement. Tobasco for pizza. Habanero tobasco is good on pasta dishes and just about anything. Chelula for eggs. Sirach for Asian

Was looking at it on the webs. They make it with mandarin oranges, which is probably why you like it. Theres a place up the road from me that uses a splash of orange in their wing sauce, and it changes everything. Its still definitely buffalo, but the orange gives it a weird sweetness that works perfect for the traditional buffalo. Try it some time.

Nandos garlic sauce is basically my goto for when I do chicken wings

I usually toss my wings in my airfryer for 25mins, at 25mins I'll dump a ton of the sauce in and cook them for another 10mins or so.

Lately ive been partial to el pato jalapeno hot sauce and tabasco chipotle, but i always use tapatio on my eggs in the morning.

If it aint El Yucateco, it aint shit.

Fridays has ghost pepper wings that are almost inedible.

I experience the same at most restaurants. I do not blame them though, as they need to make a profit and my palate is in the minority. It stands to reason that most places do not stock food that is as hot as I would prefer. I usually have to order from speciality sellers online or look a farmer markets during specific seasons. This is especially so when shopping for any pepper hotter than a habanero.

>Valentina
So you just like salt

>I really enjoyed Dave's Insanity Ghost Pepper sauce. However, nothing will beat slicing up fresh peppers, eapecially ghost peppers.
You have to use a board dedicated solely to peppers. And if you rinse it with hot water, the steam can wreck your day.

These. I use 2,3, and 4 especially for breakfast. I also use chopped up jalapenos, habaneros, and serranos a lot. This time of year I order green chile from New Mexico. If there is one hot sauce I dislike it would be Sriracha. I think it has a weird taste and that is is over-rated as hell.

When I oven bake anything containing those types of sauces or peppers, the presence of it being dispersed in the air makes most of my household gag. It's worth a chuckle or two.

That's more like Mexicans.
Dumbass.

You can never go wrong with Franks

i love spicy food but it kills my asshole :(

I used to fuck with my colleagues chili at work. On wednesdays he was always buying chicken at the deli and he had a bottle of mild hot sauce in the fridge at work. I added a little of this every week (1,5 mil scoville) until one day i could'nt help cracking up as I heard him confront another colleague, as he was convinced he was the one fucking with the sauce. Dude was sweating like crazy.

It's always safe to assume the burn will be twofold. Once going in, and again going out.

Aardvark sauce is good as FUCK

I'd say Mad Dog 357.
Hot as fuck yet still tangy on just about anything.
I also love Scorpion Pepper sauce, a solid vinegar taste with lots of heat.
Worst would have to be Red Hot. I will give it that the sweet taste is fantastic.

I put Tapatio in my cup o noodles.

sambal

Secret aardvark is by far the best

I like you OP. I like Valentina, cholula, Louisiana, and Texas Pete.

cam?

someone gave me this and i use a dash in stews, you dont need much
i originally made the mistake of treating it like a tomato sauce and just putting it on things like in a sandwhich but its too hot