Is there anything cool you can do with a 3D Printer? What would you print? Can you make money with these things?

Is there anything cool you can do with a 3D Printer? What would you print? Can you make money with these things?

or is it all a gimmick?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/guns/comments/3bml9p/and_again_a_3dprinted_vz_61_skorpion_bitch/
youtube.com/watch?v=qdhZ9-bdEfc
thingiverse.com/thing:1582924
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I would print a gun, just for the fun of it.

i've thought about that. you need an expensive, advanced 3-d printer to do what I want to do. Specifically a Skorpion. There's a business near me that has one, I wonder if they'd let me print a receiver.

reddit.com/r/guns/comments/3bml9p/and_again_a_3dprinted_vz_61_skorpion_bitch/

youtube.com/watch?v=qdhZ9-bdEfc

I know someone that 3d prints cosplay pieces for people and makes a bit of money doing that

Specifically, one that can print metal polymer like alumide.

I don't know any cosplay nerds. Interesting though.

you can print dildos

Advantage of 3D-printers:
Rapid prototyping
Disadvantage:
Slow and expensive

Go figure if you can make mad bucks with it.

dass a fonny joke you got dere, kiddo

expensive to buy? are the materials expensive to print?

fuckin sweet
There are plastic 3d printed guns, though, pic related. They might have been removed from all the websites, though. I think they break after two or three shots, but it'd still be pretty neat and handy to have.

eh, I get the appeal. I have real guns though so I'd want to print specific parts on something that will last. currently don't plan on murdering anyone either.

machine itself costs alot, materials arent cheap too, to print small thing it takes even couple of hours, and its alot of trial and error - not like you press button and wait for object. it will fail many times before you get it right. your print will unstick from the table during print, thin parts will bend and so on. in short - you need ALOT of experience to make even simple print

there are 3d recievers that can be used to convert legal rifles into full auto

theoretically 3d pistols are useful to get past metal detectors. not for # of shots

armalite pattern lower receivers, G3 pattern lower receivers, and flimsy ass stocks.

so, guns, basically. most suggest to print guns. 1 vote for a dildo.

>this is a ghost bump stock

spooky. I suppose the thing they'll make illegal after this is optics or maybe refraction

dragon dildos

print more printers

You can 3d print a life for yourself

way past your bedtime.

I've been 3D printing since 2014 now. It's a lot of fun but I'm kinda out of ideas of things to print. My printer is a solidoodle 3, I paid $800 for it. It's basic and I have to calibrate everything by hand but once you mess around with it and get it set up it prints well.

anything useful?

A few random pieces to fix broken interior pieces on my old car. I printed a bunch of upgrades for the printer it's self. I printed a rear headlight cap, it seals the headlight housing from the outside elements. Other than that not a whole lot of useful things. Just a bunch of crap I downloaded off thingiverse.

This was kinda cool.

You can sell that shit on Etsy and make bank. I know someone who makes fake weapons for larping and people pay out the ass

i fly race drones fpv
and it's pretty useful to print out little devices that help you improve your drone
example: thingiverse.com/thing:1582924

3d printers are the backbone of the DPRK's ballistic missle program so yea, they can ensure a nations independence and safety from american invasion

how are tits not related?

I can vouch this. A friend of mine had me set up a website for him before he made mad money as an engineer or something.

Was called PropSmith.

His overheads were tiny and he'd make like £50 profit on each piece. Took them to conventions for the other weeabos and was set.

One problem with 3D printing is that prints take a long time. Even a tiny 3" figure can take hours and that's assuming everything goes perfectly.

It's a really cool hobby and can be useful but I wouldn't get into it trying to make money or without knowing the limitations.

There is a video of a 3d printed ar15 lower receiver that worked great...