*learns to play piano at age 22*

youtube.com/watch?v=Hrr3dp7zRQY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kVV_z1lBNLo&t=601s
youtube.com/watch?v=f4V_uaxBVOw
youtube.com/watch?v=aEmsjyUrslk
youtube.com/watch?v=u2j578jTBCY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

And all it let him do was a bad Bill Evans impression.
Let this be a lesson, if you aren't good at your instrument by age 20, quit while you're ahead.

Desperately trying to be Bill Evans - the album.

Has it become an unpopular opinion to like this album now?

It was never liked

>liking things

i love bill evans and this is great too, you petty cretins.

I mean, it's not bad, but yeah, he's very much trying to be Bill Evans. Not a bad record by any means, though.

It's always been a mediocre jazz album. Coming from Japan, it's comparatively good considering how talented jazz musicians are almost nonexistent there. His only gimmick is, as noted, simply being a Japanese Bill Evans anyways.

Jazzthreadguy destroyed his career

if you think this is a bad record you are retarded

This album is great and fuck all of you JTG drones

It's not bad, but you could get exactly what he's doing but with better quality if you listen to Bill Evans, Ahmad Jamal (ie the people this dude is copying)

I mean he had a somewhat successful career. So if you let this guy be a lesson, it kind of contradicts your point

I like this one better. Fuck off people. It has its place and vibe.
youtube.com/watch?v=kVV_z1lBNLo&t=601s

okay, ill bite. in what way is he trying to be bill evans via his playing?

jtg is generally a faggot but his review is pretty accurate here. Id be happy to see you try to refute anything from the review though

Every jazz pianist shapes his style off the greats - Horace Silver, Dave Brubeck, Bill Evans, Thelonious Monk, Herbie Hancock... Ryo Fukui's style is too close to Evans' own style in here: it's very clear it's his main inspiration, and that's the sort of sound he's trying to bring out. It has a few other influences, but it sounds like he's very much trying to follow a standard version of a Bill Evans tune.

influence/=plagarism u numpty

>Jazzthreadguy destroyed his career
What career? The man died before that "review" was written. Looking at you .

What's there to refute? His personal preference? That's not what constitutes a review, forget a review of jazz.

average kid playing jazz after teaching himself piano for 4 years
youtube.com/watch?v=f4V_uaxBVOw

Why have you been spamming this exact same reply?

lol @ those mannerism

doesnt get anymore autistic savant than that

McCoy Tyner and Ryo Fukui are my favorite pianists though. This album is absolutely solid to the core.

Quit hating on people's piano playing abilities.

I knew a lot of kids at my school who could play the "Rocket Man" piano solo but who couldn't play three chords of a Bill Evans song if their life depended on it because they didn't have the strength or ability to do it.

What makes you think it's going to work here? Are you on a mission to run this board into the ground completely?

fucking kek

You seem like you don't actually imagine the kind of focus it takes to post in the style I fell into.

Mods are basically going to let him get off scot-free anyhow. Anyhow, he's only going after getting a (You).

Anyway, to him: youtube.com/watch?v=aEmsjyUrslk

It is in /jazz/ threads and /jazz/ likes to remind Sup Forums of how trash their taste in jazz is whenever they can.

>/jazz/ becoming just as insufferable as /bleep/ and /metal/
joy

>in what way is he trying to be bill evans via his playing?
>Ryo Fukui's style is too close to Evans' own style in here: it's very clear it's his main inspiration, and that's the sort of sound he's trying to bring out.
All you've done is restate that he sounds like Bill Evans user.

hey, jazzpianoanons, what portable digital piano do you rec?

omg one guy made a career starting late. lets forget about the 1,000s who didn't make shit

have fun making shit music lads

it was never liked

>becoming
Hate to break it to you user, but snobbery in jazz fans is not a new phenomenon.

Fukui and Montgomery are the only real exceptions to the rule that every good musician started in middle school or before.

Sorry user, you're going to be making talentless bandcamp garbage until you inevitably give up because your brain simply isn't elastic enough to learn the musical language anymore and nobody is going to want to listen to your technically disgusting music accompanied by elementary school tier sadboy poetry and autistic vocals.

>Legitimately like this album after discovery
>Learn no one else does

why

>trying to be=influenced by

is this b8?

>muh validation

No user. People legitimately use them interchangeably in discussions about artists sometimes. Shocking, I know.
I don't even think Ryo developed a cocaine habit in accordance with the Bill Evans lifestyle.

wtf is wrong with Sup Forums and why is it filled with the most angry and bitter people on Sup Forums? even paedophiles are more fun to talk to.

>I don't even think Ryo developed a cocaine habit in accordance with the Bill Evans lifestyle.
ikr, disgusting

its not good. its cool that you like it. not everybody can have good taste you know. its like math either you get it or don't.

Elaborate on why is it not good aside from personal opinion please.

youtube.com/watch?v=u2j578jTBCY

telling someone that the way of questionig something in the united states is kind of agresive may be true. But from what I know, if you dont understand things or need to understand someone elses point of view, you ask. The talking of any knowlege produced on the academy because it is being made by someone with lots of titles is called faith. Only the ignorant who follow science does not question. So...here is another way of asking. I am genuinly interested in why you say he is bad (as a musitian, or is it the cd that its bad?) Or are you trying to say with the video that it is too complex to understand why Fukui is bad?

the album is very average, with Fukui demonstrating competency in jazz piano, but little in the way of personality or a developed style of his own. In many ways, Fukui sounds like a student, content to imitate Bill Evans or Red Garland, but without adding any new color to give the music character or fully understanding the more subtle aspects of these players' styles . The exception is "Early Summer" where Fukui proves he is at least capable of playing interesting music. It's a shame that the bulk of the album is dedicated to the less interesting and much more derivative approach.

I turn 20 in 4 days, can I make it?

Awesome. Thank you user.

Back to

Literally copypasted from the JTG review

Or are you actually JTG

>Red Garland,
Fuck. You got me!!! I dont read JTG. I already know Fukui follows other artist styles and its the only thing being said in the post. I just wanted to see if there are other things aside from that. Never mind.

>*learns to play piano at age 22*

*was also most likely a really smart japanese guy and was able to learn that quickly and push himself like that as a result*

let's not leave that out, you kissless virgins. you are hopeless.

I don't think Scenery is as great as the Youtube reccomended people think it is, but everyone is entitled to their own tastes. Im just saddened by how Ryo didn't see his music spike in popularity at the end of his life.
wrong lmfao, this album recognized as a beginner jazz recommendation here.

>listen to the music recommended by the youtube

I acknowledge the technical shortcomings of this album but still enjoy it because I like the melodies, however simple they are, and the timbre of the music itself. very well recorded/mixed.