Why would anyone need Pavement, Modest Mouse, Guided by Voices, Interpol or Yo La Tengo when you have this instead?

Why would anyone need Pavement, Modest Mouse, Guided by Voices, Interpol or Yo La Tengo when you have this instead?

Their lyrics aren't nearly as good as MM.
Still a great album however

i cant get that sound you made out of my head, i cant even figure out whats making it :(...

this, the lyrics on perfect from now on can get pretty cheesy, but i still love the album regardless.

because Pavement is miles better

tfw tickets sold out to built to spill / dinosaur jr. in chicago before i knew the show was happening

doug martsch is on the mt rushmore and so are all of those

>someone chews loudly
I CANT GET THAT SOUND YOU MADE
>: 0

no

yes

Comparing Pavement to Built to Spill is like comparing John Fahey to Nick Drake. Stop being retarded.

PFNO > S&E >TNWWL > KILAS > Wowee Zowee > CR, CR > UAW > the normal years > BTC >>>>>>>terror twilight

no

yes

They're musically better than MM, which is more important than the lyrics

no

stop

no

ACTUAL CORRECT OPINION:

BTS is much, much more consistent than any of those other bands. BTS is basically always great.

However, Modest Mouse peaked higher than BTS. But MM is a shell of what it used to be, much like The Simpsons.

yes

You're almost right OP but here's the thing: Pavement and Modest Mouse and Yo La Tengo write better songs and lyrics and albums. Guided by Voices and Interpol suck ass tho

albums better than Perfect From Now On:
- Wowee Zowee
- Electr-o-pura
- This is a Long Drive
- Slanted & Enchanted
- I Can Hear the Heart
- Lonesome Crowded West
- Brighten the Corners
- And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out
- Building Nothing Out of Something
- Crooked Rain
- Fade
- Moon & Antarctica
- There's Nothing Wrong with Love

Ultimate Alternative Wavers [C/Z, 1992]
ah sweet mystery of youth, extracting form from chaos and candy from dirt ("Nowhere Nothin' Fuckup," "Three Years Ago Today") *

Keep It Like a Secret [Warner Bros., 1999]
Like grunge never unhappened ("You Were Right," "Center of the Universe"). **

You in Reverse [Warner Bros., 2006]
Like Uncle Neil says, "It's all one song--except for that flamenco thing" ("Conventional Wisdom," "Mess With Time"). ***

There Is No Enemy [Warner Bros., 2010] Dud

>good and consistent discography

I remember in an interview that Doug said he writes a lot of the lyrics to sound good or fit with the music, not necessarily focusing too much on overall themes or stories

Can you elaborate as to why Interpol sucks?

>guided by voices sucks
Awful opinion

Built to Spill's worst albums don't even come close to how bad Modest Mouse's worst albums are. Same with all the other bands OP posted, I think each has a worse album than BTS's worst album.

Why can't people admit how boring most of this album is? Are you guys really that floored by blurry guitar tones? Just listen to Brighten the Corners

>Came to state college last fall
>barely advertised
>tons of tickets left in a small theatre
>didnt see poster for it until day after

Such a dissapointing moment

not really, sucks might've been exaggeration (I like them better than GBV) but they just sound like goth The Killers to me. I liked The Killers and Interpol a little in high school but now I find both kind of annoying to listen to, they don't do anything for me idk what it is exactly

>finds album boring, while others enjoy it
>"s-surely it is me who is right, they j-just dont want to admit it"

?????

>Guided by Voices sucks

Pavement and interpol write better music

it's the truth though. name a good GBV album that isn't overhyped by pretentious lo-fi kids (you can't, so don't actually try)

There's maybe 2 Modest Mouse albums that aren't good, but the best of MM is better than BTS and comparing their debuts makes the difference pretty obvious--Doug is a better guitarist and jammer, but MM were a stronger unit, Isaac a stronger writer who wrote stronger albums, and this was true for most of MM's albums

Pavement didn't release a bad album, Terror Twilight is still better than several BTS albums.

Hard to compare with Yo La Tengo bc they've released so many albums it's natural that a few will be weaker, but overall YLT has a more solid discography, more variety, more experiments, more successes

BTS still great though

you really suck at music history

no music history there, just music facts bud

Everyone who listens long enough, and suffers long enough, will realize PFNO is better than anything else mentioned here and by some distance too.

I know what you're saying but
>listening to a shitton of albums and going through life
>"suffers long enough"

listen to more music and / or brush up on your genre history before posting
Most of it is mediocre crap

what exactly did I say that made you think about "genre history". Are the Killers a genre?

Do you understand why you associate interpol with goth music (you should also associate the killers with goth, but a bit less)

not him but interpol is joy division for trust fund kids so

LET YOU GO TO SLEEP
FEELING BAD AS ME

>Christgau
come on nigga

I never said "goth music" as in the goth genre, just the goth aesthetic as in the general usage of goth. Most people I've met who like/love Interpol are gothy. it's The Killers for goths

Built To Spill are shit compared to Pavement.