Oldfags give youngfags advice based on mistakes / past experiences

>oldfags give youngfags advice based on mistakes / past experiences

General life tips

don't you ever pick up the soap

she was never yours to keep, it was just your turn.

Always check their ID, they always lie about their age.

Learning to let go of things that bothered me is the reason I'm no longer a depressed person

Cunts need you more than you need them. It might not seem that way, but it's true. Cunts are materialistic whores, treat them like what they are and they will be more loyal than if you had showered them with love and kisses. Why? Because cunts are desperate for a strong man and keeping a cunt in her place proves your strength. Remember: they need you, not the other way around.

All you have to do to meet women is just make the first move and say hi how to them. They'll take care off the rest.

Don't put jello in the freezer

My dad's a cunt and when I moving out I'm thinking of cutting him out of my life. Thoughts?

With age, you'll care less about what other people think, so don't worry about being fat.

>
this

Treat smart girls like they were pretty, treat pretty girls like they were smart,

that's fucking retarded

Traps are gay

not just retarded, super unhealthy.
you'll regret not excercising later in life when you've got diabetes and heart problems
(your lonely dick will also regret it...)

>Try to always have to income source of money
>Keep 1 or 2 weeks of food in your kitchen
>Don't play the smartass with the cops
>Don't fall in love too quickly
>Run at least one time each week
>Keep your mouth clean
>Wear condoms, even if your drunk
>Don't do cocaine, avoid the drugs
>Don't smoke, just don't...
>Buy a scanner and scan every important documents your have, put it on the cloud.
>If you travel in shit tier country, keep a 100$ in one of your shoe.
>Install an app on your phone to erase the content if it's stolen
>Don't give your computer/smatphone to repair if you had sensitive contents on it, they will find it.
>Do not trust random people in the streets, NEVER
>Try to keep at least 2k$ somewhere safe
>learn how to code
>DONT FUCKING THROW AWAY YOUR HEADPHONES WHEN THE JACK IS DEAD, learn to fix it.
>Read at least a book each week
>Eat vegetal and fruits, drink water (i'm talking to you americanfags)

two incomes*

Be self centered where it counts, if he's stressing you out on a daily basis, just cut him away.

Shit advice, in under a year if you're not fucking 400 pounds, you can become a normal person. Weight loss isn't as hard as people make it out to be, depending on how you stimulate your metobilism, losing even 50-80 pounds doesnt take more than 2 months.

Reading book a week and having your caps priorities set on headphones? Fuck off.

Do NOT ever marry or cohabitate, you will lose everything you ever worked for

>NO AGEKINS ALLOWED
you retarded fags kys
also
>I need advice on fitness?

See this bitch? Don't reply to this bitch.. OP is fucking faggot and will never deliver. Secondly its "Timestamp Tits or GTFO" for a reason quit turning Sup Forums into a bunch of beta cucks.

Yeah sorry, headphones was off topics.
Reading books is a serious advice tho, you will make less mistake if you read. At least in my opinion.

dont have children until you have completed yourself or if you dont want to have fun anymore

son, im disappoint

This!!!

with fat, you won't make it to old age, so you won't have to worry about what people think.

Also, don't skip your sleep time.
It's ok when your young but it could fucked up your head in a bad way.
Demantia is hardcore and it can last one month, you don't wanna go there.

Do not care about anything but you.
Empathy doesn't grow after a certain point, it just slows you down.

And this is the hard point, do not care about anything that doesn't have a direct impact on you. It means really close relatives and not even what they think, just what they do or need to do.

Don't give a shit about anything else. Not the girl you like, not your friends, no one and nothing that is not helping you.

>this

But remember to smile and nod too

Sup Forums IS a bunch of beta cucks.
good advice tho.

Obsession with the neet life is unhealthy. Working, even pointless working or simply volunteering, gives structure in life. Too much free time is not good for the mind. Video games are fun, and a fun distraction to relax is a valuable asset, but this spiraling isolation and boredom is n-o-t healthy. Find some structure and some purpose, and you might be surprised how quickly maturation comes. You need a cause to fight for, and the weird world of Sup Forums activists (like this white nationalism stuff) are taking advantage of that. Find something you're good at, find something that gives you a sense of pride. Like a skill, like an artistic outlet, like a sport, like anything besides vidya. People need something to feel proud of, and choosing "ethnic pride" is an exploitation of the very real need to feel proud of your ACCOMPLISHMENTS. Not your ancestor's or culture's accomplishments.

Do the shits get better after 25 or worse? im starting to get worried.

Nice !

Ciara Horan

Fucking run away from Sup Forums

only you can say. do you trust yourself to be able to grow up, mature with your age, put in work to be satisfied in life? maybe try to work on yourself, mentally and physically?
That's what determines happiness. Humans' only great skill is adaptability. Change will come, your ability to adapt to the changes determines your happiness.

But let me say this: Everyone feels loss sooner or later, everyone misses something, everyone gets old, everyone's body starts changing, but NOT everyone is miserable. Whatever you have, you can work with. For example, even if you're a bigger guy, you can still learn how to dress yourself reasonably well, and that goes a long way. Put in the work. Everyone faces setbacks, everyone takes their lumps and everyone gets knocked clean out at some points. But not everyone stays down.

Mental illness is real, mental disorders like autism are real, but you still have a responsibility to try your best. Don't measure yourself against other peoples' achievements, measure yourself against your own potential. Be the best version of yourself, THAT'S how you grade yourself.

Have a meditation practice.

Read good books,date and marry only smart people, never marry for sex, keep your word, don't burn bridges. Don't fool with tobacco,cocaine or opiates,if you have trouble drinking..stop. Learn a trade, electrician is a good one.

fuck YEAH dude. love it.
if something's cliche, just do it. it became cliche for a reason, there's gotta be something good about it. classic books are classic for a reason. love and happiness and kindness and fun are played-out for a reason. You can always try.

no bro, i meant bowel movements.

I'm thirty-six, and this is what I've learned.

College is stupidly, horribly, ridiculously overpriced. If you can do the first two years at community college, do that. If you can be an autodidact (it helps to have a mentor; a lot of professionals are happy to have someone self-motivated), do that. Programming is one of the few fields not credentialed to death. (I had a good experience with TripleByte.)

It really does get better. High school is not like adulthood. If you're still there, you have no idea what a difference it makes to be able to choose who you associate with.

Get enough sleep. It doesn't matter how--if you can manage a siesta, you can sleep shorter nights--but staying up late doesn't make you manly; it's just bad for you.

Mental health is serious business. Depression doesn't make you deep or perceptive; it just makes it impossible for you to be happy. If your brain won't make the appropriate neurotransmitters, you can pick them up at the pharmacy.

Diabetes is no fucking joke. If you get it and you're not careful, you die bit by bit, starting from your toes. (I worked in a podiatrist's office. Scary shit.)

There are almost always no obvious mustache-twirling villains out there. Real problems in the real world aren't solved by throwing the Emperor down the reactor shaft. It's complicated and boring and if you can't be bothered to care about that stuff, at least don't shout over people who do.

The average man puts much less effort into his appearance than the average woman. Concordantly, if you want to be more attractive than the average man, it's not that hard. It does take some effort, though.

You probably never learned how to be a good partner to someone. (I sure didn't.) Especially if you grew up with parents who were cruel to each other or to you. It's worth learning.

I never really enjoyed just going for a walk until I got a little older. Even if it's not somewhere wonderful and green, I still like taking a stroll around the neighborhood.

ahahaha fair enough, I'm really high, but I kinda enjoy what that misunderstanding made me type out anyway. relevant to the thread, anyway. I'm a goofy for that though!

For me, it got better, but probably because I had ulcerative colitis and they have me on meds now. (Mmm, health insurance.)

Eat your vegetables, drink plenty of fluids, and if things are painful, talk to your doctor. Believe me, they've seen and heard worse than whatever you've got going on.

fucking copypasta this. this is golden. people need to know this shit, man.

Eh, speak for yourself; my girlfriend moving in nudged me to move out of my parents' house. We've been together thirteen years at this point--I like to say that she married me when I was poor, and I married her when she was fat, so we know it's for real.

Losing more than a pound and a half a week, two pounds if you're XBOX HUEG, is starting to get into weird, weird territory, like, past plain diet-and-exercise.

Why?

Can an oldfag tell me how to succeed educationally and achieve your potential when nobody thinks you can? Overcoming obstacles and shit like that.

Gay, back to 9gag

What's this gay shit?

>Losing 80lbs in no more than 2 months.
Only if you're sick or if you stop eating completely, my friend.

Here's an advice

Get off this website and never come back.

That's not an easy one, because it's not something that you just do and you're done. It's something you do every day - Every day for years. And it's not on anyone else, so it doesn't matter what other people think.

Do you have the focus to do what you need to do? Can you muster the will? Can you stick with it, even when it doesn't seem like you're getting anything out of it? If all of your support vanished, and you had to do it without anyone else's support - they offer you no financial help, no housing help, not even moral support... Could you keep going?

Most people can't. Most people that start higher education drop out, either because it's too expensive or they don't have time or the work was too hard or they made life decisions that actively inhibited them from going. Most people are victims of either circumstance or a lack of drive.

Do you have that drive? By your own admission, nobody thinks you do. It's entirely on you whether you prove them right, or wrong.

everything is a war with you, isn't it? chill old mate lol

Kys
I hope I know nobody like you

Aww, thanks!

I guess if I was going to add anything, I'd say to read a lot. Learn the virtue of scholarship--if you want to know something, learn to chase footnotes from the Wikipedia page or read books about it and so on. You should be able to cite an argument well, or discover that the facts actually *don't* back up your ideas, and cop to that openly.

Reading "Godel Escher Bach" and "Rationality from AI to Zombies" were really formative experiences for me, but other people have others. Cultivating some kind of inner mental life is one of the things I'm gladdest to have made a habit of.

only advise you will need right now:
GET OFF Sup Forums AND STAY AWAY

Just about every successful adult.

pretty sure everyone I know is like this that

Someone's read MoR.

Autism is not really a mental disorder, autism is more like a group of personality types

I have the drive but it comes and goes. I feel like a race car that has no gas, amazing potential but isn't going anywhere. How do you remain disciplined?

Give them a fake id

It'll pass in court that you reasonably thought she was of age
(Doesn't work on toddlers)

fuckin saved

If she needs parenting, dump her

incest is fine. if you don't sleep with your sister or whatever when you're young, you'll regret it later in life

that does make sense, but in fairness, you understand I was just trying to be inclusive, yes? you are absolutely not wrong, but you understood my point and my positive intent, right?

Don't fuck up, this is the only chance you have.

underrated

I seriously doubt that
Maybe you get lots of psychopaths on high levels in a company but there are many career options that I would call successful that don't need you to spin intrigues
Pretty shure you can't know shit about that because you have no empathy
Yes

Do you want to enjoy life?
Emotions and relationships is the only way we can truly experience life.

sounds like someone needs a hug

That's a tough one. Part of it depends on what you're trying to learn to do. Here's what I know--I'm just guessing at what you need to do.

The way we teach people--classroom settings--is suboptimal for most people. It just scales well. The best way for almost everyone to learn something is to be an apprentice--to follow around someone who's mastered the craft, do the dull repetitive work, watch the master at work, ask a ton of dumb questions, and so on. It's how everyone learned everything from the dawn of time until maybe the Industrial Revolution?

A lot of careers depend on math, and a lot of people struggle with math. We suck at math education. I'm sorry about that. I'd suggest doing Khan Academy; it has problem-set generators that will walk you through the solutions if you get them wrong, and no one standing over your shoulder to notice you being bad at it.

For me, what helped was having a *goal*, even if it was a silly one. When I wanted to learn Perl, I tried to use it to solve the NPR puzzler and impress my family, who did the puzzler every week.

Being motivated comes from being curious or excited about what you're doing. Motivation won't always be there, so you'll have to use discipline, but that's a tough resource.

If you can't stand the boring parts of the job, it may not be for you. If you want to be an animator, but can't imagine frame-fucking a lip sync until three in the morning, it may not be a good career for you. If you want to be a programmer, but you find the idea of debugging fist-eatingly boring, you may be better suited to something else.

The internet fucks up your attention span. Get an ereader without a web browser, or a paper book, or a reader app on your phone in airplane mode. Whatever works. Set aside a half-hour or something a day to read a book. It'll suck at first. Pick something light--John Scalzi or Terry Pratchett, maybe. It's exercise for your attention span, and it'll cross-train everything else.

Ha! I keep meaning to finish it; I got to chapter 60-ish and trailed off, and now I have to start over because it's so high-context.

I'm active in the SSC comments, though, if that counts.

Autism is a mental disorder.
Not a personality disorder.
Dsm-V

I know where you're coming from. Most of the time, I'm idling, and then maybe once or twice a year I'll have a MANIC burst of creative energy that lasts for about a week, and I'll get SO MUCH DONE in that week. But most of the time, I'm idling. There's not really anything to be done about that, except maybe drugs. There's a reason a lot of college kids take aderall.

You can still have a successful education on idle. You don't have to wake up every day excited. You don't have to put in 100% into every assignment, though it does make you look better if you try to transfer to a more prestigious college. And the name of your college reflects EXTREMELY HEAVILY on your employment prospects. Graduated Summa cum laude from Schmuck University (or God Forbid Local Community College)? No one gives a shit. Graduated at all from MIT? So many job offers.

I was fortunate to have the kind of brain that rarely required study time or referencing of material. Some people need tutors to understand concepts, but I could read it once and move on. The cost for that was atrocious sleep demands. I worked and went to school at the same time, so even though my body demanded 10 hours a day, I could only give it 5 or 6. My solution was frequent naps. I have 20 minutes to burn? Eat something starchy as fast as possible and rest the eyes for 15 minutes. Got an hour between classes? I could hit the gym, or I could take a nap in my car. I did that for 6 years.

Determine your strengths, determine what those strengths cost you, and try to balance them to achieve a maximum idle speed.

Not always true, emotions can do the complete opposite and fuck your life up royally.

This is very true.

Thanks.

I advise the younger generations to not fall into the hollywoodian trap of "she is the one". No girl is the one. You must turn her into her, by which mean is necessary. And the opposites does not attract each others when it's a relationship. Endure the heartbreaks and choose a girl with similar objectives, otherwise be cucked and unhappy.

almost. this is unhealthy.
the healthier way of looking at it is,
Breath deeper, knowing you only have so many breaths. Smile more, go outside more, be with friends more, tell people you love them more, knowing you'll only have so long. We all face life's hardships, so don't beat yourself up about "fucking up", fucking up is part of life. Yes, we only have so much time.
This is the fatal flaw of Rick and Morty nihilism. It's an incomplete thought. Step one, we all die someday and you never know when it'll come and ultimately nothing really means anything. Step two, SO LIVE THIS LIFE WELL WHILE YOU CAN! Not sad defeatist alcoholism, but excitement, bon vivant, fresh air in your lungs and sun in your eyes. Treat people with kindness while you can, do right by people while you can, while they're still here to be helped. Our relationships, even with strangers passing on the street, are all we truly have. Cherish them, they don't last forever. Enjoy the entertainment, while it lasts, there's no second show.

Retards helping retards not look so retarded.
>Youneverhavetoleavemomsbasementtobeanhero

All of this. I’m 37. May I add:
— Be the best person you can be. This will attract people; the better you are, the better the people. Keep close only those people who are there because they respect and appreciate the person you are, not what they can get out of you and not who they want you to be.

— Stop worrying about failure. Failure is the greatest experience you can have to make you better, because you learn where the pitfalls are. If something doesn’t work, understand why, dust yourself off and have another go. Some things (relationships, careers) aren’t meant to work out in the way you intended. It doesn’t mean life is over, it means you need to try something else.

— No one owes you anything, but you can define what you get. You are never stuck - there is always another path you can find. It’s worth finding those paths and often it’s those paths where you will find meaning and, if you believe in such a thing, enlightenment.

— Don’t hate people. If you don’t like someone simply stop associating with them and surround yourself with better people. Being angry at people isn’t worth the energy. It’s also a slippery slope to emotional problems.

— I would like to second: SLEEP.

this user is right. heed him.

Be smart with your emotions
Understand what's abuse, other's emotions, and how to handle it. Don't let others get to you.

Just control your emotions. Being numb is the immature way to handle abuse

that´s sad advice, but I feel this is true. Greentext user?

Not a rick and morty fan, but a nihilist nevertheless.
Since we all die, and literally everything we do is for nothing, what's even the point? Especially for people like me whom can't even enjoy the temporary luxuries that life provides?

Easier said than done.

>Nobody thinks you can
There's your motivation. Prove them wrong.
Later move towards intrinsic motivation

It's no disorder, it's nothing you can fix and it's nothing that is really broken in the first place
Autistic people did, and still do, great things for humanity that most others couldn't
They are an important part of our society and even if autist have certain problems in their lives because they think a bit different I find it wrong to think of them as sick

9/11 was an inside job.