This is fucking shit

This is fucking shit.

shut the hell your mouth

I've been saying that for years but nobody would agree with me and I could never understand what made mumbling over a lethargic acoustic backing track so god-tier to Sup Forums but now that you're here our voice of dissent and reason can be louder together

Cunt

It's good. Goord Morning Captain is a great song, but it's and overrated album.

Dude I listened to it five times. Five fucking times just to prove I wasn't being a contrarian faggot to this stupid board.

It got progressively worse on each listen. It's grating, unenjoyable trash. This album fucking sucks and I have no idea why this board holds it in such high esteem. I've wasted my life listening to this dogshit. I'm so mad.

Why do you think it's shit and what is your favorite album

You won't answer this if you were just shitposting

we get it, you dont like it
move on

Its the shit.

It's way better than the other Louisville hardcore that was coming out at the time, so fuck you OP

it's like a gem frozen in time and place, can't believe it's quarter of a century old

I find the instrumentation unbearably bland and the mumble-tier vocals add nothing to the tracks and only make for a frustrating listen. The tracks just aren't compelling or interesting in anyway and there's nothing really unique about them.

I really enjoyed American Football but this is just garbage.

True. Meme shit for basement dwelling mouthbreathers. Truly a horrible album from beginning to end.

just don't listen to post-hardcore ever then

Well, looks like you need another listen.

you guy know you don't have to like every "classic" album, right?

Wait, what? I can have my own opinion even if it's shit?

it's proto-emo shit

former scene kids trying to legitimize their life choices by delving deeper into the history of their embarrassing subculture inevitably end up lauding this album because it's the least embarrassing thing that they can appreciate.

It's still shite for self-pitying autists though

Regardless of the pathologies you think the fanbase may have the album is still kinda innovotive. Shitty critique my friend.

innovation is not an inherently good thing. The album has to sound good for innovation to be good

>I'm so mad

kek

pls new meme

Eh. Alot of people enjoy the sound, including myself, and I was never a scene kid and I never really registered the emotional content explictly until later listens. I just appreciate a well set theme when I hear one.

It's not even shit, it's just shapeless and uninteresting, literally all 2 notes and mumbling.

such fucking pleb taste here holy shit

t. retard

You know I was just listening to this album again right now at this very moment. I was thinking during this, wow I've never seen anybody every bash this album on /mu whether as bait or serious. Not anymore though. Good job faggot.

>I find the instrumentation unbearably bland
The instrumentation pretty unique for a rock record. What's bland about it? The mumbling vocals point, I agree with somewhat. I prefer the louder vocal parts, but apparently they made Brian McMahan physically ill to yell over the guitars, so I get why there isn't as much of it

Eh. Maybe you just have shit taste.

There were a lot of kids at my school who could play the "Stairway to Heaven" guitar solo but who couldn't play three chords of a Slint song if their life depended on it because they didn't have the strength or ability to do it.

lmao I like this meme

are u a peanut brain? this album is one of the most bashed mucore albums

They're all bashed and all the better for it I say.

You say emo like it's a bad thing, 90s emo is pretty good.