Vaporwave/Future Funk/Seapunk/Retrowave Thread

youtube.com/watch?v=htZZmXBq9sg

I know all of this genres started as a meme and for some people, it cannot be taken seriously. But, what is the best Vaporwave/Future Funk/Seapunk/Retrowave song that you've heard? For me, it's this one. It's from the Luxury Elite album Late Night Delight, this song is a collaboration with Saint Pepsi. It has one of the best rhythms I've ever heard. 9.7/10.

Other urls found in this thread:

factmag.com/2016/09/23/first-ever-vaporwave-mall-miami/
youtube.com/watch?v=WbEEpmrTyEE
youtube.com/watch?v=E3cwP23mUEA
youtube.com/watch?v=tbWS0j2fulY
lookingthroughsheets.bandcamp.com/album/a-whole-new-world
lookingthroughsheets.bandcamp.com/album/--4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's sure neat

I will never get the "Vaporwave is just being ironic" crowd.

I geniunely find the aesthetic breathtakingly beautiful, like images of a perfect timeline of luxury and futuuristic opulence we were heading towards when I was a child.

Luxury Elite and Saint Pepsi are about as good as it gets for this genre, not really worth digging that much deeper

>geniunely find the aesthetic breathtakingly beautiful, like images of a perfect timeline of luxury and futuuristic opulence we were heading towards when I was a child.

Holy shit finally someone who feels the same way i felt as a kid.

You can really get good stuff by digging deeper, you can get artists like Nmesh, death's dynamic shroud.wmv, & 2 8 1 4.

There was something about the design of everything back then that was just so utopian, dreamy and comfortable. Now everything is flat, mundane and feels utilitarian.

Is it me or at some point in the mid to late 90s this type of design just stopped and not everything is just plain.

Heard of those artists, though I would never consider them that much deeper that luxury elite or saint pepsi

How about Russian vaporwave/memewave?
youtube.com/watch?v=NaR5KqEp_QI
youtube.com/watch?v=hXBFZdDV60U
youtube.com/watch?v=6oAjODc9jmo

Everything is painfully boring, yes

It's not just you at all, I've felt like I was in a harsh, dreamless dimension ever since I was about nine. It's the design of everything that has lost its flavor, no doubt creating the ripple effect in consciousness that caused people in general to become also as flat and mundane.

We had a dream once, but something took it all away.

get political bullshit out of here

A little slice of heaven returns, though

factmag.com/2016/09/23/first-ever-vaporwave-mall-miami/

noice

The best.
youtube.com/watch?v=WbEEpmrTyEE

youtube.com/watch?v=E3cwP23mUEA

this acct will be posting future funk amvs so follow it

I wouldn't be caught dead past 18 listening to vaporwave. This is the heavy metal of "Electronic" music.

25 yo here

Heavy metal is still awesome

That being said I am insanely eclectic in my music taste so there's that

Dear Diary: today user was wrong

This whole megamix is A+ OP, ESPECIALLY the first twenty minutes:

youtube.com/watch?v=tbWS0j2fulY

"heavy metal"
you sound like my mom

There is a reason Vapor is in the name.
If you want real shiz then you need to dive into starstream like new wave stuff. Cause chill house // retro beat hop // flavor wave crap is just a junction box to getting old an enjoying shit like Enya

lookingthroughsheets.bandcamp.com/album/a-whole-new-world
lookingthroughsheets.bandcamp.com/album/--4