How come nobody talks about Mazzy Star?

How come nobody talks about Mazzy Star?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C7C7Y3IvvQ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But user, we're talking about them right now

mu is full of plebs

Cause they're just nice really. Not that much to say about them other than that and also the fact that the gal has cute little tits I wanna flick and suc

Everyone just kinda regards them as pretty good around here it seems. Among My Swan a best.

Came here to say this

Only because i brought it up

It's Rick & Morty-core

Alright no need to complicate things dweeb.

Bells Ring and STTIMS > Fade Into You

I think she hangs brightly is best. Halah be my angel and give you my lovin are great songs

Bells Ring is pretty good but I'm about dat Mary of Silence.

that one had to grow on me desu

It has my favorite album cover of theirs at least, no doubt about that. I prefer the stuff that came after in general but they're all good albums.

Mary of silence reminds me of something the doors would produce

Agreed user

I'm sad because I dig the instrumentals in their songs but really can't stand the singer's voice. I want to like them.

I need bands that sound exactly like Mazzy Star (that isn't Warm Inventions). Something dreamy and twangy, and more psychedelic than Mojave 3.

So I'm super into neo-psychedelia and dream pop and I was really interested in listening to Mazzy Star but the vast majority of their material bores me to death. It seems to be the most basic possible chord progressions mixed with these really vague, mediocre lyrics that don't amount to much, sung in the most disinterested way possible. What am I missing?

Underrated

they capture the feeling of being half asleep and do it really well

LOOK ON DOOWWNN FROM THE BRIIIIIDGE

Unironically the best mazzy star song

youtube.com/watch?v=C7C7Y3IvvQ4
this JAMC album sounds like what you're looking for but not really psychedelic. also featuring hope sandoval on the 3rd track

ever since they were in that ricky mortin episode i think they've gotten a bit more coverage

I think this is the first time I've seen someone else show appreciation for that album. Most people seem to dislike it because it's so different from their usual sound, but I love the shit out of it.