Macron, has called for a "historic reconstruction" of Europe

>Macron, has called for a "historic reconstruction" of Europe
>Merkel, Macron had a "joint conviction" that they needed to "deepen the European Union
>Wants to create a common eurozone budget, parliament and finance minister
>"Buy European act" that would stop non-EU companies bidding for public contracts inside the EU

Is the EU about to go from confederation to full empire mode? They are about to take over things on a federal level across the EU and make it more protectionist than it already is.

bbc.com/news/world-europe-39929701

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>full empire mode

yes. They are also building dearhcamps for eurosceptics.
also checked

>historic reconstruction

good thing we didnt exist back then

That's what they are working towards, which is everything they adamantly denied when all of this was coming together years ago.
The old people who voted for Brexit remember and don't want to be ruled by Brussels.

Good thing you got a totally unbiased source for this

Sounds great desu

Viva la EU

>everything they adamantly denied

Even in the '40s and '50s, important people who started the process of European integration (Jean Monnet, Robert Schuman) explicitly stated they want to build United Sates of Europe.

Commitment to ever closer union is one of its core principles.

>The fascists of the future will be the antifascists.
This quote is here often misattributed to Winston Churchill, even though it was Huey Long, a proto-fascist governor of Lousiana and a Dixiecrat, who really said it.

Churchill said this though:
>We must build a kind of United States of Europe. In this way only will hundreds of millions of toilers be able to regain the simple joys and hopes which make life worth living.

Churchill was also the man who listened to the genius French and led us into the Dardanelles

>Huey Long was proto-fascist

Lmao stop acting as if you know anything about American history

>fourth reich
finally!

Maybe, but it's funny how they always use his name for that quote. Why can't they give credit to Donald Trump of the 30s?

"There are three kinds of quotes: fake quotes, damned fake quotes, and if you can't handle me at my worst, you sure don't deserve me at my best." -Kurt Cobain

That will mean less gibs for countries that don't use the €. Are happy with that too?

Free world was lucky he was shot. He wanted to challenge FDR in primaries.

Nazi sympathiser as America president would've been really bad.

fuck those globalist cunts

My rifles and guns are locked and loaded.

>people unhappy with the EU
>time for more EU
what kind of logic is this?

it's called a dictatorship

lol

This is why I voted to leave. It's all more more more with these people. if there was a box I could check that said "everything is fine as it is but stop adding more you fucking cunts" I probably would have ticked it.

Eurozone isn't sustainable when ECB lacks powers all other central banks have. That's why Macron and Merkel want common finance ministry, budget and parliament for the eurozone.

Half-done things just can't work and no one can be happy with that.

HOO HOO HOO!

BASH THE BRITS! NAPOLEON MODE WHEN?

politics is the art of compromise you jackbooted idiot. Literally nobody was asking for any of these changes.

Holy "Roman" Empire was worse Roman Empire

>Eurozone

good thing we got a communist sympathizer US instead, making the Eastern bloc a good place to live and a prosperous non-Cold war environment for the following 40 years.

>"Buy European act" that would stop non-EU companies bidding for public contracts inside the EU

i.e. buy our shit and only our shit europe t. germoney

europe has been torn and in war centuries.

Italy itself, which I like to consider an universe unto itself, seeing as how weird the foreigners are (I've been abroad. You guys really are weird) has been split and at war over petty things for centuries, and we have the world wonders and geniuses such as Michelangelo's works.

Now they want to turn us into a giant Switzerland. And while it is indeed true that Swiss has 500 years of peace and fraternity, what have they contributed to the world?
Cuckoo clocks.

Thanks, but no thanks

The answer from the EU is always more EU. To be damned with people's feelings.

Huey Long was not a "Nazi sympathizer" you fucking idiot. He was an isolationist social democrat.

YES

Y E S
E
S

kill all germans desu

It's ok. Russia and the UK will invade in twenty odd years when we're close to economic collapse and have all these big armies sitting around doing nothing. By that point, Europe will be so refugee riddled and strangled by legislation insisting that blind men have just as much right to be a sniper as anyone that we'll all get back to scrapping in no time.

Great unbiased source you have there.

In any case, we already have an all-EU parliament and budget, this is nothing new

they're is literally nothing wrong with this

It's just been hijacked by progressives who want europe to become eurorabia.

Yeah, says the Yank who would never allow his country to be part of such a thing and would probably be in the street with a firearm if such a thing was attempted. Honestly despise American europhiles, at least the ones here aren't hypocrites.

Tell me the downsides of united Europe?

Isn't it necessary to compete with emerging powers?

Empire mode or no united state at all.
Little did the britons know that brexit was all a conspiracy with us working to kick them out and that macron is secretly a long lost descendant of Napoleon.
Vive Macron! Vive l'Empereur!

Can't get worse

We need a 'Don't buy canadian act'.

Everything would be perfect then.

This is the only decent argument in favour of the EU tbqh

FUCK YEAH EUROPE MOTHERFUCKER
youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw