Why is it that people find it weird and funny that people believe in Odin and Thor...

Why is it that people find it weird and funny that people believe in Odin and Thor, but have respect for people who believe in God/Allah?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A0iDNLxmWVM
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tyVdnIU9A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because religious people are dumb.

History.

bc THE GOD OF THE KABALLAH IS SATAN.

because it's written in the bible that God and Allah exists, duuh -.-
how can people be this stupid omg

I have no problem with people that actually do believe in them but I imagine that half the people that do look like this.

Because you think?

People don't respect believers in God. All theists are considered nuts these days.

Because the former are meme religions no one's seriously followed in a thousand years

I don't know about shitslam but Christianity can be ambiguous which leaves a lot for individual interpretation.

You can't win a lottery without participating in it.

Maybe Islam and Christianity will be meme religions in the future?

That depends how much control has the mafia over them and if it can be exploited by the present political power.

Faith has no relevance whatsoever in today's religion.

Number of believers or general faith is no indication whether a religion is right or wrong.

>You can't win a lottery
FTFY.

Because Odin and Thor are weak Gods of weak people.

No, they were somewhat stronk until the black death.

>Faith has no relevance whatsoever in today's religion.

I believe that

Because there is more proof for the Christian God:

Tbh its a tax that maybe can change your life. Its a hope you have every week.

Are you joking? Obviously Odin is the only real god. We tried to fight your stupid religion forced on us from Europe and we lost (doesn't mean we were wrong).

>the only real god
What about the others in Odin's religion?

1000 years ago Norwegians were fighting christianity - sort of like Sup Forums is (pretending to) fighting Islam. LOL funny funny

The are real of course, but Odin is THE God.

They*

I read the Prose Edda and have been working on Bellamy's Poetic Edda translation. I'm simply shocked at how much I agree with their sentiments. I don't exactly "feel my ancestors speaking in me" as one anti-Asatru meme would have you think, but I've come to take joy and inspiration from the relationship that the gods have with man.

Gods' power rise and wane depending on the amount of people who believe in them and how fervently they do so. They are quite literally memes.

Why is it that when I tell that my cousin is a Goddess, the only true divinity, the only one worthy of religious worship they laugh at me?

I never quite understood that "safer to believe" thing. How can you make yourself genuinely believe despite the overwhelming evidences? Surely anything less will be see as deceit by God?

Have you ever even been inside a church, brah? Nobody looks like that.

>despite the overwhelming evidences
There is actually more evidence for God existing, that is if you search for it.
Watch:

I think Christians are right that monotheism is more logical than polytheism, but if they followed that line of logic completely they would be deists or even atheists, so they are still hypocrites.

And if you can turn your brain off sufficiently to call sophistry evidence.

>evidences Jesus resurrected
>Riddled with Bible quotes
Excuse me if i take those "evidences" with a grain of salt.

I think he means odinist. Most I have known are metal heads or hema practitioners tho.

There is a lot of extrabiblical evidence for Jesus dying on the cross, Apostles, etc.

>There is actually more evidence for God existing, that is if you search for it.

Nonsense. A mountain of fallacies can never equal even one fact.

"Facts" from New Testament "scholars"?

How retarded you have to be to fall for such obvious crap?

I think most people will agree that Jesus existed (probably a different name back then) - but that he was the son of (a) "god" is a whole different matter.

He was just a regular human, one that was very "charismatic" and gained a lot of followers. (sort of like Mohammed was very effective in warfare and gained followers that way).

>There is a lot of extrabiblical evidence for Jesus dying on the cross, Apostles, e

No, there's not any. All the religions work tirelessly to twist the archaeological evidence to fit the religious stories, not the other way around

What I mean is that... if Christianity or Islam was formed in 1942, Hitler would have been Jesus or Mohammad - The son of "God"

Weird how religious people can't see this...

This is a straight up lie. There is only evidence he was crucified on a tree, which they used way more often than crucifixes because it was cheaper. So rip off that necklace and start wearing a tree.

The same reason people would find it weird and funny if you dressed the way common people dressed in the Viking Age.

Odin and Thor got BTFO

The would find it funny if you were dressed like a 1 AD or 1500 AD christian too...

They* (damnation for my Y key)