How does a new album leak at 128k?!?

Can anybody answer this question? Is the leaker lazy? How was the file obtained? Why is the world like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!5KxzVJjY!rN0SJIGEJ_Pbi57XYL-dGA!gLwDiKDZ
mega.nz/#F!ZpgUmSrI!DOHALMINlZmKIkgAWddj0A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not an explanation for every time this happens, but often time there's a promotional "stream" that only friends, family, and reviewers can access for a set period of time. The stream is probably 128 more often than not, and can be recorded or saved as a source.

Does kind of make you wonder if there are professional review sites out there who distribute their scores and writeups based off a 128 rip, though.

but there's a 320 leak user

give it here, user!

kingdom leaks

I think the leak came from a NPR stream.

lol, fell for the shitty transcode

Is that a code written by a tranny?

mega.nz/#F!5KxzVJjY!rN0SJIGEJ_Pbi57XYL-dGA!gLwDiKDZ

320 boyss

Finally caved and started listening. Got past the three singles, on "your type" now. Wow that surprised me, it was great

"Your Type" sits great after the singles. Albums great so far.

It's shit anyway, regardless of the audio quality.

you are shit regardless of the audio quality

Just finished my first listen. Unequivocally, undisputedly, undeniably my AOTYSF, and there are no upcoming releases I know of that I think will surpass it.

MGMT is supposed to have a new album coming sometime soon and from their new songs it sounding pretty good.

It's out there in 320 now, it's also the AOTY

Love this album. I'm enjoying it more than their first one.

Favourite tracks?
Least favourite?

I really love Lollipop but I'm a bit disappointed by Forget About Life.

Mgmt is highschool pop, plz kys

hyped for seeing them this weekend desu

>Favourite tracks?
In Undertow, Your Type
>Least favourite?
Not My Baby
lucky cnut
>tfw Alvvays will never come to your country

Had tickets to see them but sold thrm bevause the album's so bland.

Favorite tracks - Lollipop, Plimsoll Punks

Least Favorite - Not My Baby

320 link?

Clarence Clarity bitches

worst track is Hey and it aint even close. all these plebs picking not my baby as worst track smgdh

Do you even read the threads you're in?

do you?

Yes, because I actually found the fucking link.

FOrget about life is the 2nd best track on the album are you deaf

Not my baby is such a strong track

Molly's rhythm on it is weird, the lyrics aren't great and it doesn't get interesting until the last minute.

(I'm referring to Forget About Life)

this, it's ripped from a critic's stream, same way a lot of movies/screeners leak in 480p around december

This is Mitski's album from last year all over again: insanely good first single followed by a bunch of pretty good but not amazing songs.

It's still good but man, In Undertow blows everything else out of the water.

Did you listen to like 2 albums this whole year?

Name 16 better ones

Pretty much actually

Listen to Congratulations album idiot

tfw wrong

16 random albums better than this one? That are already released? Can that include albums that already determined to be better based off singles?

yes, yes and no

*that are already
**From 2017, obviously.

What is better:

Brand New
Broken Social Scene
Cloakroom
Cloud Nothings
Do Make Say Think
Elder
Feist
Fleet Foxes
Forest Swords
Gas
Grails
Lawrence English
Planning For Burial
Sannhet
Slowdive
Snow
Sufjan (Live)
Wear Your Wounds
Wilsen

Is that about 16?

What will be better:

Converge
The National
Balmorhea
Shigeto
Godspeed

>BSS, cloud nothings, Gas, Slowdive, brand new, Fiest, fleet foxes, Suffy, Wilsen

none of these were as good as Antisocialites, and I enjoyed a fair share of these

Converge national and godspeed are all bands past their prime

Ahh, so you're subject to dumb memes like "bands in their prime", got it.

Keep on praising mediocre indie shit and bandwagoning. Don't mind me.

BSS and Brand New maybe
das it maine

At least this album isn't as bad or forgettable as Arcade Fire. I'll give it that much. I don't think it's a shit record by any means but it's just realistically nowhere near AOTY. Lots of knee jerk reactions will probably claim it to be (see: LCD Soundsystem hype at the moment) but c'mon.

[citations needed]

most artists make their best work in the first decade as an artist, this is objective fact

Here's the WEB FLAC from RED if anyone wants it.
mega.nz/#F!ZpgUmSrI!DOHALMINlZmKIkgAWddj0A

*blocks your path*

In truth I do get what you're saying and a lot of the time it's widely applicable. Artists "fresh" on the scene often need to have the drive and ambition to set themselves apart from their contemporaries. They can't afford to phone it in like a lot of established bands can. But at the same time I would say there are countless examples of that NOT being the case. There are even some artists out there who've released and continue to release their best material in the present, after 10 years. I don't think it should be a factor that is examined with a magnifying glass during an album review. The music should speak for itself regardless of how long the band has been a band. I'm more concerned about what the album brings to the table than I am with how long the band has been active, but maybe that's where you and I differ in the way we process music.

Slowdive is definitely better than this album. The National's singles are better than this entire album.

bless you

>but maybe that's where you and I differ in the way we process music
it was good until this you snide fuck

are pitchfork and fantano gonna screw them over again?

yep, but alvvays has so much talent they don't need to bandwagon off of critical acclaim

;)

at least now i have a band i can point to to prove I'm not a drone

>Mitski
>Good
You lost me.

She is

She's so middle of the road it's really upsetting. No personality to her at all.

Not any more than Alvvays

Nah definitely some amount of cculture to these albums. Mitski is really soulless, no style of her own just an amalgamation of her favorite bands.

Terrible use of quads

I speak only the truth my friend. You won't care about Mitski this time next year.

Nah I've liked Mitski since her debut

albumoftheyearfamily