djt.neocities.org/bunpou/full_day.html#である
djt.neocities.org/bunpou/intermediate/Intermediateである.png
jisho.org/word/痘痕も靨
ejje.weblio.jp/sentence/content/辛い/
pastebin.com/raw/9SVdnq9f
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=IARguDQIGVs
Which ones does DJT know?

What makes it "your major" instead of something like "the major"?

Context. They are just inferring it's one person asking the other what they do.

チンチャンチョンそうですねえ
ソソッリソソッリ
ぴんぐぴんぐ好き

>yfw おちんちん is actually 御朕々

出来ないちゃんをやりたいdesu

鼻汁がてるほどいい。マンコが美味しい
ヌルヌルしてい

漢字検定一級を合格した男しかとやらないけど。

>男しかと
bound particles come after case particles

I feared so. But it looked less intuitive. Thanks.

dekinai-chan comes home after a long exhausting workday of making weebs drop their japanese 101 classes
what do you do to let her relax a little bit?

I sit down next to her and show her my enormous number of reviews on Anki.

Shitpost on DJT together with her

>出勤してこい

Is he just saying/quoting what his boss/people at work would say to him or something? I can't think of another reason he'd use imperative

>メーワクかけんなよ

Is this short for 迷惑をかけるなよ (as in telling Yotsuba to stop being annoying) or is he trying to say that his work is annoying somehow?

He's saying that if going over to the neighbors is your work, then go to work (and stop bothering me)

And the 迷惑かけるな is "don't bother the neighbors"

Ah, so Yotsuba saying 仕事だからなー is like "Because it's my Job..."

In that case everything makes sense then. Thanks. The English translation decided to completely change it though, which threw me off

She is saying that she is always over at the neighbours because he is always working. Since she said it is his job, he has no choice but to go back to work, indicating that Yotuba would go over to the neighbours (as Yotuba established she goes over to play because he is working) and not to be a nuisance (to the neighbours).
It could likely be translated in different ways to express the same basic meaning.

>You never get tired of working, huh, Dad?
>Yotsuba's gonna go over to the neighbors, you know?

>And you never get tired of going over to the neighbors, do you?

>It's my job, after all.

>It's your job, huh? Then there's no helping it, is there?
>Go to work. (And don't cause trouble for the neighbors.)

I don't think Koiwai's 仕事かぁー じゃあしゃーねぇなぁー makes sense if Yotsuba's しごとだからなー means "Because you're working, after all."

If that's the case, who is 出勤してこい directed at? That can only really mean "attendance at work" and it appears to be directed at Yotsuba, it leads be to believe Yotsuba thinks going to the neighbors is her job. Could be wrong though.

While I'm mid-post I might as well ask: what's with this stem of てみる form? Seems like it should be てみろ but I have no idea why it's just the stem

forgot pic

it gets shortened that way as a command or request all the time
I don't exactly know if it's short for てみろ or てみて or whatever
But it's similar to how なさい will get shortened to just な

Sounds good, could you refer me to any resources about that so I can read more on it? I don't think TK, DoJG or JTMW have anything on that but I've seen it on multiple occasions. I can't really find anything on google either

I can't find anything either, it's just the kind of thing you get used to from watching anime and stuff.

見てみ / 見てみい = 「見てみない」の略

I can't learn Japanese.

見てみろ、見てみな、の略だよ

Is it trash?

Not at all.

>見てみない
見てみなさい*

見てみてごらんなさい
見てみてみなさい
見てごらん/見てみなさい
見てみろ
見てみ(見てみい)

Great. Before I read it, is there anything in it that's wrong or that I should take with a grain of salt?

1. 海の向こうの遠い国から来た = I came from a distant country of the other side of the sea = I came from a distant country beyond the sea.

What's the purpose of あっちの here? "that is that way"? It make sense without it, but with it seems unnecessary

2. よつばもあっちの遠いばーちゃんちから来た

Why も here? They both didn't come from distant Grandma houses. Yotsuba doesn't even use a parallel here, does she? And also, I'm guessing あっちの means "that's over there (that way)" but correct me if I'm wrong.

3. もっと遠い飛行機でいくことから来た

What? Someone just explain this one from the beginning, cause I've got nothing. I came from a going event by way of an even farther airplane? I know the actual meaning of the sentence is like "I came from even further on an airplane," but the grammar she uses makes no sense to me here. If it was like 飛行機でもっと遠いところから来た it would make absolute sense

How is your reading going in general? I'm finishing Tae Kim pretty soon and would like to start out. Did you start with はなひらっ!or よつばと! right away?

Wouldn't know. I'm as ignorant as you are. I just like the book because it does a good job of explaining concepts in a way even I can understand.

Fair enough.

>その前はもっと遠い飛行機でいくとこから来た
Before that, I came from a place even further away that you get to by airplane!
It's とこ, not こと

Your other questions are just you wasting time over-analyzing trivial things. The robot comes from far away. So does Yotsuba. Don't worry about it so much.

>はなひらっ
lol people actually force themselves to enjoy that garbage

I didn't enjoy the content at all, but I did like that I was able to understand it.

There are plenty of other エロゲ out there with about the same level of simplicity. People really aren't trolling you when they say you can pretty much almost just pick anything with a cute-looking cover.

i posted this in the wrong thread earlier but can someone help with this question?

probably a really stupid question, but is it possible at all to say "we are children" by using imasu instead of desu?

I don't think this works, iru/imasu only means something exists/is present

お姉さんのオマンコはきもちか?

Is it important that i write おまんこ in Katakana? In this anime i watched, they spelled it in Hiragana, but Google Translate used Katakana.

pic unrelated

Does anyone know how to get into the translating business?

アアアアアアアアアアアアァァァァァ
Dirty smug slut.

Yeah でいる is like である but for living things, i.e. a copula, I believe.

吾輩は猫である
djt.neocities.org/bunpou/full_day.html#である
djt.neocities.org/bunpou/intermediate/Intermediateである.png

So im doing no internet in june completely so i can study Japanese and work on real life stuff.

Whats ever Japanese book grammar book i should read? Ive already read through most of them.

>Ive already read through most of them
read the ones you didn't read yet

Came here to say something nice about Japan, but there are no Japanese here.

Why not read an actual book?

Maybe they're shapeshifting old ladies and went to the party as children.

how does that no internet thing work, will you unplug your router?

How would you say "be/don't be [adjective]" as an imperative? For example, how would you say "Don't be dumb" or "Be good"?

What does this mean? エミリアたんがみのりんにしか
聞こえない

Only Minorin can hear Emilia-tan.

Thank you

jisho.org/word/痘痕も靨

Nice.

ご機嫌よう、ディージェーティー~

今朝私が早起きた、レップを済みました!毎日段々進んでいます!

皆、ガンバレ!

making an offline dictionary out of the online dic.yahoo.co.jp dictionary, to be used in a javascript snippet to add to anki cards, so that when you double click on a word in anki, you get a popup with the definition.

useful for my new ja->ja cards

don't sexualize the dekinai chan

pkiouztfr

答えてください

That sounds awesome, but how does it work offline?
Two other questions:
1. can it search for definitions based on both the vocab in kanji then checking the reading, to prevent adding a bunch of incorrect definitions based on automatically selecting the wrong word due to using the same kanji?
2. can you hook us up, man?

English and Japanese are completely different languages mate. You have to consider the meaning of the entire phrase, not the words individually. For those examples, depending on the context you could say something like 馬鹿な事をしないで and 大人しくして.

I see, thanks. I was only really asking that question because I was sure I had seen something like that in the past.

なにやってんだか

>how does it work offline?
I first look up the word 日本 on the dictionary online. I memorize its definitions in a database on my computer, then look up every single word mentioned in the definitions of 日本. I repeat this process until I don't find any new words. Right now there are over 30000 words to lookup.

When I am using anki, the javascript will request data from the database I have installed, not from the internet, so it should be instantaneous.

>1. can it search for definitions based on both the vocab in kanji then checking the reading, to prevent adding a bunch of incorrect definitions based on automatically selecting the wrong word due to using the same kanji?
Nope. How would I do that? Not on a programming level, but on a logical level. How can I disambiguate between different pronunciations of the same spelling?

>2. can you hook us up, man?
Probably. *if* I rent a VPS it should be as easy as adding a script tag to your cards, maybe a bit of css to make it prettier. otherwise you'll have to download python and run a setup.

漢字を覚えているのが大嫌いよ

ーぜ

>How can I disambiguate between different pronunciations of the same spelling?
Here is a simple example of what I mean:
辛い:
から・い
>[形][文]から・し[ク]
>1 トウガラシ・ワサビなどのように、舌やのどを強く刺激するような味である。「インド風の―・い料理」→五味(ごみ)
辛い:
つら・い
>[形][文]つら・し[ク]
>1 他人に対して冷酷である。非情である。むごい。「―・いしうち」「―・く当たる」

Do you have a couple of example sentences for both? I want to test something to see if I can do something about this.

You can definitely do ている in the imperative as in ていろ, but I'm not sure if the same expression makes sense for noun/adjective phrases. でいろ? であれ even?

Both are fine.

Taken from ejje.weblio.jp/sentence/content/辛い/
辛い・つらい:
時差ぼけは辛いよね。
あなたは咳が辛いですか?
泣くほどに辛い立場。
仕事は辛いけど楽しい。
彼女に振られて辛い。
部活では辛い事もあったけど楽しい事もたくさんあった。
彼らは苦しいとか辛いとか何とかかとか不平ばかり言っている。

辛い・からい:
塩の辛い鮭。
多少塩辛い。
海水は塩辛い。
田舎の料理は辛い。
僕は辛い身の上だ。
それは辛い鍋料理です。
辛い物は口中を刺戟する。

Apparently, mecab always reports them both as tsurai. I have no idea how I could get the correct pronunciation.

pastebin.com/raw/9SVdnq9f
(fucking spam filter)

Ah well, you did what you could. Thanks anyway, man, and good luck with the project. ^_)^

>Ritsu
ハピネス
>Azusa
いちばん(一番)
>Yui
大黒柱
>Mio
かんるい(感涙?)
>Mugi
???

Am I right about Mio's shirt? Can anyone tell what Mugi's shirt is supposed to say?

よう is the 24th most common word in the language yet it is the 3000th card in core.

How are the cards ordered and how do you reorder them by a sort field?

when i tried doing core a long time ago, i exported in CSV, reordered with a script by frequency based on a novel corpus (since i wanted to read novels), then reimported the CSV. If you have a bunch of novels/subtitles files/websites you want to base the analysis on, you can zip em, upload em and I can do the reordering for you

Doesn't matter since K-ON! is shit

it's surprisingly funny at times, but I dropped it after S1

茶柱

håll dig till svt libbe

Technically the field I want to sort by is already in the deck, I just want to reorder them by it. I guess I would export as CSV, but then how do I reorder them from there?

Get the fuck out.

Make me.

>Technically the field I want to sort by is already in the deck
In that case, it's rather easy.

Go on the browser, view just the deck you want to sort. Select a card from that deck, select fields, select the field you want to sort by, select "sort by this field in the browser", click close, use the new sort field to reorder the cards, add is:new to the search bar, press CTRL+A, go on EDIT->reschedule, select "place at the end of new card queue", smash dat ok button and you're done.

... it's actually way easier done than said.

let me know if it works.

Thanks!

鼻血が出るほどいい
マンコは気持ちいい
ぬるぬるしていい
です。

get ninja'd kid

Why was this post deleted?

Doing it wrong. The only good parts of it were the last episodes of S2.
Not worth the ride though.

I've been trying to read キノの旅. I'm probably not picking up every morsel of meaning, but it's going alright. This isn't a big deal, though I'm curious as to how people would interpret this line of dialogue:

「キミ達は後一年ほど、ここにいなくてはならないと思う。どうだろう?」 (the guy is pleading for Kino to stay in his country)

I originally interpreted it as something like: "If you guys stay here for another year, you'll think about how you must stay. How about it?" (I thought of it was a kind of conditional clause almost, because of the comma put after ほど)

The official translation (which is by no means a go to source for a literal translation, but regardless) say this: "I must insist that you
stay for another year. Will you?"

I've never seen a なければならない with a と思う. The なければ by itself is rather strong (at least when speaking of others), so is adding と思う a kind of way to soften the "must" sentiment? That makes sense, but I'm curious if you guys have any insights.

huh, that's fun... i guess

I think a plain と思う is normally used for one's own thoughts, not someone else's. If it was referring to someone else's thoughts then there'd probably be some extra hint indicating this

That's a good point, it might be one of those things where it needs to be in the stative, like と思っている, to be applied to other persons.

First time trying to translate an online post!

「This is the book of events of something?」?
Does the nanika mean something I don't understand yet?

AJATT