I don't watch sports, and certainly not soccer. Was this really a huge deal at the time?

I don't watch sports, and certainly not soccer. Was this really a huge deal at the time?

Yes, they were considered favorites to win, playing in their own country, also the fact that getting 7 goals for a national team is an embarrasment for a country that won World Cups and is widely regarded as one of the bests.

Brazil has a history of eating it in shameful ways when they organize world cups.

At least this time people didn't suicide or the NT had to change the jersey's color, it was honestly fairly tame to be honest

Holy shit
Can you give up in the middle of a game to end the humiliation?

Shut up, you fucking retard.

More than you can imagine

I was at a Brazilian pub with some friends when this happened
We all rooted for Brazil
We went home at midtime, lots of people were literally crying

You should know about that

hmmm... how to explain this in terms a yank would understand...

it would be kinda like america losing a war against a nation with a bunch of poorly equipped farmers.. say vietnam

>Semifinal Solution.webm

Brazil was bad though, they had to refball Croatia to win.

>not rooting for your own co---
sorry

Think of Brazil as America.
Now think of Germany as France.

Now imagine America shit talking the French; saying it will wipe the French out, making fun of French with le white flag meme, saying it's going to invade France...

And then France invades America, only encountering a minor successful resistance before completely overtaking the USA.

That's pretty much what happened in soccer terms.

Ah, the BR rape.
We got something similar.

you tell me

Would like to see this happen

What? I don't care about football so I dunno
kek holy fuck its real

But again you cant give up to avoid this kind of shit?

lol yes

Fuck off, you dumbass chairo.

>crying
what the fuck is wrong with soccerniggers

You cheeky shit we will leave you out of El Mundial you will see just give us some time

The delusion was big though and Germany destroyed it in the worst way possible.

Sup Forums went into turbo mode.Every thread had like more than 200 posts with the same fucking OP

That's because Hues in Brazil were obnoxious as fuck before the Huelocast.

>favorites to win
They struggled in their group and were playing horribly. Besides the home advantage they were terrible.

It was more of a historical thing, I do agree with that.

>That's because Hues in Sup Forums were obnoxious as fuck before the Huelocast.

But Im not a Pejezombie :c

Make America French again?

It was fun for me, I didn't watch the game because I was busy looking at the memes. Brazil was saying shit about being the best and Germany just made them eat their own words. Maybe it's not a big deal for you because the US has been recognized all these years because of music, animation, movies, marketing, fast food, technology and war. Brazil's relevancy comes from soccer and some music. This is what happened when Russia lost against Japan, specially because it was supposed to be a walk in the park for Russia at the time.

It's not about soccer, it's about a nation saying being the best at something and at the end it shows being bad at it. Like a national shame, fortunately we are talking about a game.

That still is painful to watch

I loved the crying reactions from the Brazilians and the shocked and humiliation from Brazilians in Sup Forums

Since the 7-1 we are now unbeatable, literally. The 7-1 is going to be the reason that will get us the 6th cup in russia and we will meme 7-1=6 in Sup Forums