So I asked /ck/ and they were no help, how do you niggers pan-sear a steak...

So I asked /ck/ and they were no help, how do you niggers pan-sear a steak? Got a bunch for free and it’s raining so I can’t grill like I was planning to. Got some good cast iron though.
Tips, advice, how-to’s appreciated
>no I didn’t fucking steal it, I’m white

>pan-sear
-get rope
-tie noose
-hang self

Season steak(salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder)
Heat up pan hot at, make sure it's lightly smoking
Put in some olive oil, I use extra virgin but it's up to you
Let oil get heated up
Throw in steak, let each side cook about 3 minutes
Put.it in oven at 300 for like 10 minutes

Sous vide at 125-135 degrees for 60-90 minutes and then sear both sides in a hot pan.

Well, obviously. Like I said, it’s raining so I can’t grill.

NO, first line is already wrong. You put salt at the very end.

Nice,thanks. I have 3/4” strips and 1” strips. What would you recommend?Thought about sous-vide but don’t have experience with it.

Olive oil to cook steaks. Are you american?
Oh yes, onion powder, garlic powder... this is signed there

>heat skillet to crazy hot, like high for 4-5 mins
>pat steaks dry
>then LIGHTLY pat them with olive oil, or whatever oil you have
>Lightly mind you, or smoke errwhere
>salt, pepper, to taste
>toss in hot pan about 2 mins per side (depending on thickness)
>if thicker you can then put in oven for 5-6 mins at about 325 degrees after searing to further cook

you're supposed to put all your seasoning on before you even start, you fucking animal

look up the 4 hour chef, he's got a great pan seared steak recipe in that book. It's a great read too.

Butter in the pan when begins to brown, put the steak and leave for 5-8 minutes or until it sweats on the uncooked face.
Flip it ONCE.
5 more minutes.
Pepper (white and black) freshly ground and salt.

These are both good ideas. If you really wanna change the flavor crush a clove of garlic in your hand and throw it in the pan with some butter and scoop the butter and pour on each side after you flip

hipster faggot

Let steak sit on counter for 10-15 mins before cooking, it browns better if it’s not cold. Get pan good and hot (not too hot though) seat on each side for 3-4 mins, let steak rest for 5 mins before eating.

Protip: fry it in walnut oil, don’t ask questions just do it. You’re welcome.

Best steak I ever ate was a ribeye done in a cast iron frying pan. You mom is calling you, your tendies and curly fries are done.

At the end? What are you twelve? How would the seasonings get into the meat if theyre missing during the entire cooking process?

>Let steak sit on counter for 10-15 mins before cooking, it browns better if it’s not cold.
this. I forgot this.

add it to that: And it's perfect

Personally I like to add in sliced mushrooms and onions, saute with Worcestershire and butter, SnP, touch of garlic seasoning or real deal.

OP here, both of these sound good. A few people are saying to throw it in the oven at 300-325 for a few minutes after. Won’t that dry it out?
Got fresh ground black pepper, Himalayan sea salt, and extra virgin olive oil ready and a nice, well-seasoned cast iron pan though.
The pan I have is oven-safe, could I just throw that whole bitch in the oven after searing, or should I move the steaks to a baking sheet or what?

What's your opinion on torch vs pan searing? I use a pan for steaks but a torch on just about everything else.

10-15 minutes would only drop the temp a very small amount.

I doubt user was referring to using a finishing salt like fleur de sel but with that it is always nice to throw some on after cooking. Steak should always be salted before cooking.

Seasoning do not have to get into meat. This is not a marinade. Jew lover.

if its a thin cut you wont need the oven. But if its thicker, you may need the oven. Depending on your preference of "done-ness". Wont dry it out. the whole purpose of searing is to keep juices in. Leave in the cast iron pan when/if you put in the oven. Remember, light on the oil or you'll smoke up your entire block. Good luck man, a good cast iron seared steak is absolutely delicious.

Cum on steak
Eat raw like real man

>drop the temp

I’m talking about raising the temp, cold steak warming up...read much?

This but sear the edges, 1 min each edge in the olive oil.
>Then 1.5-2 min per side depending on thickness.
>While its cooking throw in some butter and garlic (powder is fine if that's all you have).
>If you have a thermometer, 140 is good for medium.
>Pull from pan and let it rest for 3-4 minutes with foil on top to hold heat.
>Enjoy

I don't see a need for a torch if you have a cast iron skillet.

1. get some butter and garlic in a hot pan

2. sear that steak to the desired doneness

Oh fuck off you know what I meant. You probably think searing a steak seals in the juices too.

use the oven to heat the pan and like 1-2 minutes each side but you are actually a nigger for eating meat

Thanks man. Going to use the thinner cuts since it’s my 1st time doing it and they were cheaper, so I’ll probably skip the oven then. Trying to keep it medrare to medium at most. If they turn out well, I’ll experiment with the oven next time.

Eat it raw like the fucking degenerate you are and post pics
rolling

Put in oven at 200 until it’s like 15 degrees below serving temp
Sear in hot pan with garlic, olive oil and butter

its not too hard, you'll perfect it in your own way, we all do. Enjoy

Reverse sear them. Put em in an oven and then sear them on the cast iron

Obviously death, dipshit. Plus it was free. Someone left em at my house.

Wtf are you rolling for you idiot

how is the CAST IRON protected from rusting?
u know how shit stainless steel is to cook on? It poorly distributes heat

Aww, hair trigger on you eh junior? Go sit down before you embarrass yourself further.

Heat cast iron on highest heat possible. Let steak sit out to room temp, like an hour if it's out of the fridge or all day if frozen. Shouldn't be cold to the touch at all. Drop on cast iron for 1 minute, then flip cook other side for one minute. Keep flipping 30 seconds per side until cooked to your liking. Medium is about 3ish minutes total. You can salt before putting in the skillet but don't add other herbs or spices till done as they'll burn. You can take the steak out and rest for 5 minutes after. While that's going on, add a clove of crushed garlic and a tablespoon butter (the real shit) to the skillet and add a bit of red wine, and a couple drops of Worcestershire stir and reduce to make a pan sauce. Serve with asparagus or baked potato or both.

You have to properly season, clean and store cast iron or it will rust

Nigger it’s a 13 inch Le Cruset cast iron with ceramic coating. That fucking pan is a tank. It would’ve won WW2 on its own.

Give them back Reginald

Unless the oven you have is a pro super hot one, you will only make your steak dry and you don't want that. Don't use the oven.

also, I would use butter instead.

Oil protects cast iron from rusting, NEVER wash a cast iron pan, after you’re done cooking put oil in while it’s hot and give it a good wipe with a rag. My cast iron fry pan was my grandmothers, 60 years old and not a spot of rust.

Remove from fridge 1 hour before cooking and salt heavily on all sides. Pepper optional. Preheat oven to 400. Preheat pan on high heat with a bit of clarified butter or veg oil. Fucker needs to be hot as fuck and cast iron is preferred. For 1.5” inch thick, 3 minutes on one side. Flip and do 1 minute on the other before transferring pan to oven. For medium rare, its another 8 minutes or so but depends on thickness of steak.

Serve with compound butter made from half blue cheese and half butter with thinly sliced green onions salt and pepper.

Kek

hot rocks seem like an easier to maintain alternative, than this...

you only salt beforehand and pepper it after cooking it and you don't use fucking olive oil bc it will burn at high temperatures

You should be in a beard trimmer/ pomade thread, how many times did you adjust your thick rimmed glasses while typing that?

God. Damn.

No dude, you never clean a wok but a cast iron pan you clean with water and maybe some soap. Then dry immediately and wipe oil over the surface to seal from the air.
It will not rust and will not be covered in germs.

Nah man. Not at all. After you clean it you just throw it back on the burner to be sure all the water has dried from it, hit it on all sides with a light layer of oil and you’re done.

Some restaurants take extra steps beyond that, but reall that’s all the average user needs

Fuck off. A man knows how to cook a steak to perfection both indoors and on the grill. Its not hard

I think by wash he ment dishwasher or soak

Use extra light olive oil. It has a ~90 degree higher smoke point.than evoo.

Le sigh...

You NEVER wash a cast iron frying pan with water or soap. But don’t listen to me, I’m the guy with the 60yo rust free pan.

I dry rub my steaks with seasonings and then I put some more salt on after it's done cooking so suck it homo

My pan requires no maintenance whatsoever, just rinse, wipe it out, and put it away.

You can absolutely scour a hot pan if there is anything that stick while cooking just as long as you put it back on the burner to dry it out

>Le
Jesus christ

Usually “men” that cook a steak the way you instructed are pretentious douchebag hipsters.

Grill in the rain you pussy

You must be a lazy cunt if you think that's challenging

This is the way most high end restaurants prepare steaks. Not my fault youre a retard

You CAN, but you shouldn’t. Both my grandmother and mother never used water or soap, none of my aunts did either...but hey, if a bunch of 15yo’s on Sup Forums say it ok then who am I to argue?

Did I say challenging? No I didn’t. Try again..

Agreed, I’m just saying as long you you take the proper steps after you get it wet, it’s not going to rust

well, it is coated...
isnt the oil burning with flames or burning to coal deposit on the pan?

>high end

So because a whole herd of pretentious douchebag like it that means it’s how we all should?

Deposit to the pan how? I’m not sure what you mean?

Or just don’t get it wet and not have to do “extra steps”. Seems like the better option, unless you like making things harder.

u know how black crust covers pans with time, due to residues burning? Like that

What is pretentious about onion and blue cheese? Because that is the only frill he added..

Sorry you cant afford to eat at nice restaurants. But its kinda sour grapes to just pretend that such places generally dont know how to prepare food properly

That’s what I was talking about with hot scouring, again as long as you dry the pan well and re oil you’re fine. that should be the only time you need to get the pan wet when you’re cleaning. And really you don’t even have to do that because you can scrape cast iron pans without worrying about some kind of gnarly coating coming off like most pans people use.

That’s definitely one thing everyone should switch from. All these bullshit non stick coatings

Interpretation:
"I went to ask /ck/ and it isn't a fast board and since I'm a lazy piece of shit I came here to ask instead."

As someone who frequents boards that aren't Sup Forums, Sup Forums, Sup Forums or Sup Forums, I can safely say that boards like Sup Forums only worsen kids with ADHD.

It’ll put out the charcoal

There definitely is a difference between some hipster bullshit spot and a highend restaurant

why would u scrape non-stick? Nothing sticks to it, u dont need to scrape

White people can't cook for shit. They think they can, but than again, they think they're better ant everything then they really are/Guess that's part of their mental sickness.

Btw most “high end” restaurants do their steaks under a broiler, but I’ll let you keep pretending like you know what you’re talking about. Carry on

>nothing sticks to it

Most of hose coating suck and you can’t clean them with anything harder than a feather or else shit wil start coming off.

Also with use over time the nonstick coating tends to break down. I switch over to all stainless steel cookware a while back

This plus get the meat out of the fridge a couple of hours beforehand. Better to use rapeseed oil as it burns hotter. Before serving, sprinkle with flakes of quality rock salt.

That’s called “seasoning” you want that, it’s what makes cast iron non stick. I can do eggs in mine without adding butter.

I asked /ck/ and waited 2 hours with no responses. Yes, I can use google, but I wanted to see what creative people could come up with, rather than a bland, impersonal, step by step.
Honestly Sup Forums has been really helpful today in my quest for an indoor steak that won’t taste like boot leather.
Seriously, how are you gonna talk shit about someone asking an opinionated board for opinions and advice

thats funny

How did you steal them?

Who the fuck is giving out free steak? Sounds like there is some niggerdom going on.

I’ve worked in “high end” restaurants for the better part of 20 years and they indoor live fire grill and then broil.

Um..sure?

My drunk mother in law left them here. She lives 3 hours away and she’s not coming back to get them.

He did say it was raining. That probably helped.

See