ITT: Absolutely fantastic albums from bands most Sup Forumstants hate

ITT: Absolutely fantastic albums from bands most Sup Forumstants hate

I still think Joshua Tree is better but Zoo Station is next-level and probably my favorite thing they've ever done

I really miss old U2.

Nope

Zoo Station is one of the best songs of all time but everything afterwards is either over processed "dance" alt rock with a minute's worth of ideas or boring ballads that sound rushed over the quick, unproductive sessions this was recorded in.

Ultraviolet, Acrobat, and Love Is Blindness are all top-tier

Ultraviolet is cool, but Acrobat is a 4 and a half minute commercial for Edge's delay pedal and Love is Blindness is just nothing, the "squeeze the handle/blow out the candle" gets on my nerves especially.

Who's gonna ride your wild horses is a nice song, no?

>WHY DOES IT HURT WHEN I PEEEEE

it's important to note that the magnetic fields ripped off So Cruel in The Book of Love

The colour and the shape is also pretty good desu

That one is fine, one of the better choruses on the album.

Is this secretly a U2 thread?

I listened to some of this again today for the first time in a long time, fucking amazing.
I'm assuming Sup Forums hates elvis costello, I don't browse enough any more to really know.

fucking 10/10 album

am i the only one who thinks the pictures on this album cover look like gta online screenshots?

Why does most of Sup Forums hate U2? Legit question.

Yeah, I've never been crazy about Bono's lyrical style. I mostly just love the solo at the end of LIB
Literally because of a South Park meme
Although I suspect some of it is countertrolling to the "U2-pill" thing that was briefly a thing

Honestly I just hate Bono's voice and The Edge's riffs. I can't really put my finger on it, I just find almost all their work too corny for my tastes, like Peter Frampton or the Police (most Police songs).

Listen to the Unforgettable Fire. Not corny at all

Because modern U2 hasn't given them a reason to. They keep trying to stay relevant, but they are killing their image in the process. I would bet that if U2 stopped at Zooropa and broke up they would be Sup Forums core

>the "U2-pill" thing
Fuck that guy.

May I ask what songs you've listened too?

can we stretch that to include Pop? it's a good album

I get it, Gorillaz is mainstream and it's become the stuff to easily trash on in here but I can't get over how good their debut was

Pop has some good songs but it's unfinished, ashame really. I just think ending on zooropa would be better. But it doesn't really matter, we can't change time to make U2 popular with ignorant people and hipsters. So if you want to end at pop go ahead

Old U2 was really great

Most people on Sup Forums don't dislike Gorillaz music for the most part. They just hate the pre teen fan base and the fandom. Humanz sucked though.