Ask a bored poet anything

Ask a bored poet anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Allan_Poe
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oets_Kolk_Bouwsma
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

do you think pineapple is an acceptable pizza topping?

answer in haiku, please.

why are little girls so beautiful?
free style the answer, it's 2017 nobody rhymes anymore

Do you swallow so much D that you couldn't even refrain yourself from molesting that keyboard?

How does one earn a living in poetry?

Are you published?

Pineapple; disgust.
On a pizza, blasphemy!
Disgusting, I say!

Fellow poet here.
What do you think of Lang Leav? Is she shit or shit?

my sides

I do have a manuscript that I have not yet published, but I do plan on publishing it once I reach at least the minimum content amount of that specific house.
As for living, I am a freelance translator who writes on the side. I will not disclose much about my job.

To be honest, I must say that I haven’t read much of big authors; I have read Les Fleurs Du Mal and some of Rabelais’ work, but other than that, I read amateur stuff...

I only write poetry in rhymes.

that's noble of you in this day and age. a good friend of mine used to be a huge poetfag but he's not here to rhyme about little girls to me right now.

preferred audience?

Can you write a poem about me?

One problem is that my poems tend to be either dark (one of them is about a pedophile...), senseless, incomprehensible to my readers, or lose their sense and depth when translated [into English], but hey, at least I write.

tell me the one about the pedophile so i can critique it

Anyone whôs willing to read them, but I’d say fellow poets and language enthusiasts.
I can try it if you give me some info to use. It’ll be short since I’m on mobile right now.

I would if we were on another platform, but since we’re here and the poem is tied to myself somewhere else, I’ll have to pass, sorry.

lame. im sure i wouldn't have liked it anyway.

Perhaps.

>on Sup Forums he resides to hide his hideous face
>dwelling alone in his parents base

>for traps he searches, high and low
>to his own demise he blows his load

>day in day out is all the same for him, post after post, bump after bump
>perhaps one day it will change, if only he gets the courage to jump

Dare I say it, a protest poem.

I’m not that mean to people. :^)

W̖̳̝͎͈̆̃ͪ̇̓̇̋̈̄͋͊͘͡ẖ̻̱̰̫͇ͯͪͭͦ̉͗͌͛͛̍ͤ̃͠a̷̜̖̣̳͙̩̹̦͉̹͊͒̏̔͐͛͆ͨ̓ͤ̐ͬ͋ͤ͗̾͡t̴̶̨̹͓̙̮͓̦̥̥͔͙͓͉̮̞̫͉̯͚ͧͮ͗̌̉͛͘ ̛̬͈̣̞̥̬͎̪̜̯̹̰͔͖͙͍̭̌ͪ̎̉̓ͪ̂̏͂̀̍͗͆̚͡t̶̫̤͖̼͓͚̜̠̘͙̥̪̫̗̝ͧ̒̋́͠ͅḫ̟̤ͦ͌͌̈ͮͪ̑ͨ̂̀͞͠͞ę̬͉̼̱̥̩̤͉̬͔̣̳̮̣̓̀̆ͩ̑̐ͣͅ ̟͕̺̼̣̬͙̤̼͚ͪͯ̎̿̉̇ͨ̀͡f͚̤̝̙̗ͨ̀ͮ̐̉̏͛̂ͮ̌ͩͦͧ̇ͨ̕̕ͅȗ̶̘̟̩ͦͧ͝c̤͔̹̗͚̺͕̝͍̔ͯ̓ͪ̀̽͟͝͝kͮ̂̚ ̧̛̱̙͇̤̖̄̌̿ͣ̇ͯͦ̀d̮͕͚͕̯͉̪̰͔̫͎̟̘͔̺̃̌ͧͣ̓̄̓ͫͬͭͩ̑ͧ͒̂́ͅi̵̩̘̟̘̻͓̝̰̟̭̼͚͍͖ͩͫ̐̿ͨ̍́͂̐͋̕͢d̢̼͓̦̪͍̈́̏ͫ͠ ͈̳̻̫̠̘̬̞̹̓̀̋ͫ̏̒́̿ͤ͋͛ͦ̀ͤͫ̂̒̚͠ͅͅẙ̷͕̪̞̩̤̮̮̤̳̱̥̘͓͓̯͖ͤ̿͒ͧ̄̕͡ǫ̴͍̤̜͙̮͔̳̯͖͉̬̺ͣ̄ͤ̑͋̍̽̐̉͊̉̓u̷̡̡͖̝̣̻̥̼̠̞ͭ̇ͧͫ͗ͤ̒̍̒̄̋ͣͣ͆͜ ̷̛̠͓̠̺̠̹̯̙̹͓̜͇͓ͩ̍͐̍̎̿͛́̀̐ͅj̣͓̹̯͎̬͓͔͔͍̞̬͖ͨ̓ͦͤͦ̋́̉ͦ́̀͜ͅȕ

ő͍͓͓̇̑̎̏ͫ̀̋̕̕ͅu̖̦͚̜̯͓͍̤̩̪͔̖̝͍ͭ̌͆́̄͡ͅt̸̙̰̤̥̥̪̫͙̻͗͛̃̊͌̋ͭͤ̈́̆ ̴̛̗̻̥̹̮̗̥̜̂ͪ̒̄̀ͤ͘͞SYSTEM ERROR: KERNEL_FAILURE:BOX3765443;

PATCHING
m̷̹̤͎̠̦̟͍̜͙̬ͯ̆͑̒͂ͯͧ̐̌ͣ͋̾ͤͪ̒ē̴̢̱̭̬̫͚̩͈̜͇̤̠̈́̓̾ͭͤ̓ͯ̔ͭ̎ͧͭ͋́͜ͅ,̵̧̫̙̩̱̠̞̠̗͇̭̟̰̝̪̜̝́ͨ͒͑ͬ͂ͦ ̴̩̼͈̹̬̂̾̍̓͌ͯ͆̋ͣ̉y͍̻̩̮̣͒́ͫ̏̀̈́́̕͟ö̢̼͚̤͎͚́̃͑̔̊̆͗ͭͤ́̌̎ͦ̇̍̀͘u̵̧̼̖̯̪͍͉̗̣͖̣̝̟̩ͩͭͪ́̉̎̀ ̦̞̥͂̉͂̿́ͫ̆̂l̬͚͎̳̩̟̟̽͋ͭ̓̒̚̕̕î̮͚̹̥̮̙͙͎̟̼̭̦̭̠̏̊ͤ̎͗ͭ̉̉ͨ̓̽͂͝t͕̖̟̮̖͙̘̮̬͂ͯ̒̑̓͗̏ͩ͛͐ͯ̓̈̌̏̓͢ṱ̹͇̩͎͕̜̱̘͙͍͖̝̻̗̃ͭͭ̉͊̍̄͆̔̔ͭ̚͡l̮̦̥͖̠̙ͣ̊̓̈́͆ͨ̉̉͌ͣ͑̓͑̎͋̀͟ẹ̢̨̜̣͍͚̒ͭͮ́ͤ́̕ ̡̼̬͍̱̪̼̈͛̉͒̓͊̌͂͟͢s̴̛̘ͤ͛̎̒ͫͦ͆ͯͤ͗͒̔̽̚

He asked you to write a poem about him with no info given, he deserves to be roasted.
Besides that's pretty much 95% of Sup Forums anyway lol

I'm a manlet, I weight 348 pounds, I'm eating cheese slices right now

Write a sonnet about something you love.

May they choose the fate of the future, select whom might mature, but who would the second ascendant be, if he were to force the mother-to-be?

̺̘͇͗̋ͮ̓̓͑͊̀o̶̘̥̰̖̭̹͕̮̬ͩ̾͋͋̎͗͗ͤ̔̓͆͊̕͟͝v͇̬͙͎̯͚̩̪̟͚̳̻̰̠̹̬̓̓̄́͑͋̈́̋̋̾̍̂̎͋ͮ͜͝͝͝e͚̗̪̣̥̥̟̬͗̾̿̉̀̓͊̿ͪ̊̎̊̋̃̽̎͗̍͘͜ŗ̵͍͎̬̮̞̳͇̩̳̻̐͒͂ͤ̑̒ͣ͌͐ ̣̳̝̬̪̩̤̫̹ͨͦ̊̀͌́͒͒̊̚͠͠͠3̦͔̩̤̰͈̰̜̱͓̪͒ͨ̏͊̇͆ͪ̉ͫͯ͂ͮ́̚͜ͅ0̢͓̘͍̖̦̠̭͕̰ͧ͊ͮͯ̍̐͊ͫ͆̆͐̋͌ͭ̀͡0̶͈̟͕̺̖͙̜̞̩̩̼̖̠̳̙̊̑̆ͮ̔͗̈́̿̏̈̆̉͗̾͂́̚ͅ ̵̢̟̭͎͕͔̋ͯ̂̒̒̔ͯ̽̏̄ͨ̏̑̌͞

s̷̶̜̗̟̥̩̜̣͓̼̗̝̖̮̤̩̞̔̄̒̓ͦ́ͪ͋̚̕̕ẗ̻̩̱̝̫̰̦̳̩͚̣̭̗̞͉̖̺́͒̇̂͗̄̋͂́͑̆͗̇̓̏̀̀͞o̸͉̣͍̣̽ͦ̈ͧ̃̉̇r̛̬͓̥͈̯̍̏͛͋͛̑̔͟͜m̤͓̩̖̘̜̬͙͎̱̺̳͛̒ͣͯ̓͆̀ ̷̧̺̥̙͙̞͙͙͉̝̻͕̹ͬ̀̐̃̾̌̿̕t̵̛̪̫͖͈̜̙̞̱̟̤͍̖͗̉ͣ͒͆͋͊͊̏̂ͣͤͬͤ̌̐̑͞h̸̡͎͍͓̹͎̠̳̤̒ͩ͂̐̕ͅa̢̛̮̳͍͉̳̠͙̫̳̦̼̓͑̕t̶̘̯͍̻̬̮̬ͤ̒̇̀ͫ̍̍̍̐̃ͫ͐́͘͡ ̸̥̱̰̮̘̳̳̗͓ͦ͌͗̌͒ͨ̎̔̈́̇͌ͮ̚w̠̹͚̘̆͗̄ͣ̆ͬ͛ͯ̈ͮ̓̂ͩ̀̀͌͂̕̕͜͟i͕̳̜̹ͩ̄͌ͫ͛̓͆̉͊̀͡p̭̱̤̮̗̝̙̥ͯ̃̌͂̈̇͆̉͛̐̃ͣͨ͒͒̀̓̐̀e̡̧͉̩̯̞̻̱͕̤͙̟̦͚͚̮ͪ̋ͫ͌̐͐̈́ͤ̑̔s̢̙̪̪̩̙͔̜͍̠̣̮̭̖̤͚̖̮ͩ͑̂͒̀͐͆͑̾̚̕ͅHELP
HELP

what is the modern day equivalent to a poet?
at what point can someone call themselves a poet?

Crawls the unseen behemoth behind the dimly-lit screens, devouring piles by piles the moon’s unease; asked behind a mysterious anonym, to be ridiculed on a whim.

s̷̶̜̗̟̥̩̜̣͓̼̗̝̖̮̤̩̞̔̄̒̓ͦ́ͪ͋̚̕̕ẗ̻̩̱̝̫̰̦̳̩͚̣̭̗̞͉̖̺́͒̇̂͗̄̋͂́͑̆͗̇̓̏̀̀͞o̸͉̣͍̣̽ͦ̈ͧ̃̉̇r̛̬͓̥͈̯̍̏͛͋͛̑̔͟͜m̤͓̩̖̘̜̬͙͎̱̺̳͛̒ͣͯ̓͆̀ ̷̧̺̥̙͙̞͙͙͉̝̻͕̹ͬ̀̐̃̾̌̿̕t̵̛̪̫͖͈̜̙̞̱̟̤͍̖͗̉ͣ͒͆͋͊͊̏̂ͣͤͬͤ̌̐̑͞h̸̡͎͍͓̹͎̠̳̤̒ͩ͂̐̕ͅa̢̛̮̳͍͉̳̠͙̫̳̦̼̓͑̕t̶̘̯͍̻̬̮̬ͤ̒̇̀ͫ̍̍̍̐̃ͫ͐́͘͡ ̸̥̱̰̮̘̳̳̗͓ͦ͌͗̌͒ͨ̎̔̈́̇͌ͮ̚w̠̹͚̘̆͗̄ͣ̆ͬ͛ͯ̈ͮ̓̂ͩ̀̀͌͂̕̕͜͟i͕̳̜̹ͩ̄͌ͫ͛̓͆̉͊̀͡p̭̱̤̮̗̝̙̥ͯ̃̌͂̈̇͆̉͛̐̃ͣͨ͒͒̀̓̐̀e̡̧͉̩̯̞̻̱͕̤͙̟̦͚͚̮ͪ̋ͫ͌̐͐̈́ͤ̑̔s̢̙̪̪̩̙͔̜͍̠̣̮̭̖̤͚̖̮ͩ͑̂͒̀͐͆͑̾̚̕ͅHELP
HELP ME
DO NOT TRUSTGAI-QU44
HELP ME

I’d say that the title should stay the sane as the olden days: poet.
I’d consider someone a poet if they’ve written a substancial amount of poetry; 10+ poems should suffices.

how do you think our species will become extinct?
Will there be a human being on earth in 500,000 years? what about 50 years?

I would, but again, using my mobile has limitations. Sorry.

By aiming too far (in terms of science and greed) or by some kind of WW3. Maybe the totality wouldn’t be wiped, but surely we won’t be left unwounded.
In 500k years? Surely not. We’ll be space creatures by then.
50 years, probably. If the space age is to happen before 2100, the only people left on Earth would probably be the poor and tenacious.

what scares you the most about our decaying industrial civilisation?

The fact that we’re doing nothing to stop that decaying due to our own greed. People care more about money than about the future. We’re selfish.

Im missing the same key on my laptop

how's life for a poet

ever read poems by charles bukowski?

I'm 32, and am still trapped at home. I'm basically waiting for my parents to die so I can have their house. My birthday was last week... I woke up to a candle in a pop-tart and a card with nothing in it but a lecture about "finding my way" filled with horrible cliches like "you can do it!". They have stopped giving me money entirely, and they cook steak dinners in front of me, and when they catch me looking they point to the cabinet filled with ramen (the only thing I'm allowed to eat). They don't believe in mental illness, and they try to make everything bad that happens to me my fault. Sometimes I hope they choke on that fucking steak. Should I kill myself?

you should pick your fucking life up

I am also unemployed. How's it going?

Physically the same as anyone else’s, psychologically a nightmare for me. I constantly am battling my own thoughts. “What if this? What if that?” And I constantly am thinking how how Inshould put my thoughts in words, but sometimes—often I should say—I simply can’t. There are feelings and emotions that I just can’t describe with either languages that I use (Fr & Eng.) Trust me, I try. Even my “normal” texts aren’t understood immediately by everyone, and I oftentimes surprise myself when I’m writing.
So yeah, except the constant philosophical thinking and shit like that, it’s pretty normal.

Whats it like to earn practically nothing?
Answer in a Spike Milligan style poem pls

hitting home here about greed my friend.
I think our world has evolved really fast materially, but our brains are still a bit primeval. Instinctive parts, intent on gathering resources and protecting them still exist. They kept our ancestors alive back when they fought and wiped out other homo species for the best land and food.

Our species is old, technological revolutions and enlightenment during the past 500 years are nothing when you consider something like us has been around for +200,000 years, we have only had organised agriculture for 10,000... we really are so small and insignificant, but we are alive at a wondrous moment. The fact we can even exchange ideas from such a distance is a marvel in itself.

damn

how can you claim to be a poet and never publish or make any money off a poem?

Look at what you have. What are your capabilities? Would you be able to have and keep a job if you got your mind to it? Are you able to persevere until the stormcloud leaves?
Things do get better. I was in depression for a speculated 5+ years, and look at me now! I’m writing, I feel happy, I have a goal to publish my poetry, etc. Go through the bad times thinking that there is a good end ahead. It could be under your nose or miles ahead, but it’s there. Enjoy the little that you have, and take the difficult times as experience. You WILL get better. :)

What can I write that my wife will love--women love spoken/auditory like men live visual so srs question.

Do I really need fame to consider myself something? You don’t have to come out to be gay. I have written tons of texts, enough that i dare say suffice for that title. As for the money-making, there is a poetry contest which I plan on paticipating in in 2018, I believe the prizes to be well over $1k. We’ll see then.

Compliment her, say what made you fall for her, what you felt when you two got together. Talk about why you love her and what made you take the first step. Poetry would be a nice touch to you message.

best pick-up line you silver-tongued cavalier

You don't need to be famous to have a poem published. So maybe hold off on giving yourself titles until you actually have accomplishments to back it up.

If you say so. But how else would I call myself? An amateur poet? A writer? Something else?

Aspiring poet
Try getting published in a poet magazine that's how most today get their start.

I don’t do pickup lines. I just don’t court people. Sorry.

Alright. Thanks. :)

faggot

Oh, I just had an idea: “Are you a venusian fly-trap? Of course not, you’re too aphrodisiac for that!” It’s terrible, but a pun on Venus and Aphrodite.

iamverysmart

if a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, can it cause a tsunami in japan?

I agree with you on that. I’m a pretentious prick.

fag

If that tree is somehow linked to a button that would detonate an atomic bomb off the coast of Japan, sure, why not? :^)

If you are a poet is your name Poe?

no its more like Mr. P. Oet.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Allan_Poe

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Allan_Poe
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oets_Kolk_Bouwsma

Thanks user. Good luck out there.

Quickly now! A Japanese haiku regarding the length of my penis! Lets see how good you really are! you got 45 seconds! Go!

Shorty, minuscule.
Invisible peanut thing.
Hide it, I say. Now!

I tried...

Ok OP! I give that was nice!