I love weed but I hate the social stigma that comes with it

I love weed but I hate the social stigma that comes with it.

If you're at work and someone asks "What did you do this weekend?" and you reply "I got shitfaced drunk" then that's totally ok. But if you respond "I got baked" then people look at you like you're some kind of deviant.

I FUCKING HATE IT.

People look at you like you're a fucking retard if you say you got shitfaced drunk too, don't worry.

because stoners are degenerate trash and 90% of stoners are ''edgy teens''

That simply can't be true. Do you h9nestly believe that 90% of weed users can be classified into such a niche category. You're stereotyping them while you likely get drunk about as often as they smoke you hypocrite. It's perfectly legal in a multitude of states so why don't you get with the times, sincerely someone who doesn't smoke but is tired of the double standard.

Go to a legal weed shop in Colorado, Cali, Oregon, etc. and tell me that you're not annoyed by the customers.

As a person who does smoke weed it's fucking awful.

Not in the UK for example, it's a cultural thing. It's completely socially acceptable to say that, you're a friendless no fun faggot if you don't get shitfaced at least once in a while. But opinions on weed though is growing in popularity it still pretty much frowned on, whereas it's booming in the US.

Found the giant faggot who wants everyone to act exactly like he does.

fight the stigma by being productive. I smoke daily but am still pursuing my PhD. Most anti-weed people dont believe me when i say i smoke weed instead of drink alcohol (drinking is pretty big in grad school). But hell, my adviser and professors know im a giant stoner, no one really cares as long as you get your work done. it's also in no way my primary identity.

Weed and alcohol should only be used when you can't find joy from actually doing things in life.

>can't find joy in writing music
>smoke weed

>can't find joy in playing football
>smoke weed

>can't find joy in making art
>smoke weed

>can't find joy in having an adventure
>smoke weed

>can't find joy in doing quests
>smoke weed

>can't find joy in fighting enemies
>smoke weed

i should add there's at least no governmental stigma where i live, as it's completely decriminalized

Personally I feel like everyone in California acts like that, it's just a garbage state, that being said I wish I could just smoke without people assuming I'm into the 'culture' of it all. I just like weed, I hate stoners.

nigger, 90% of youth spend all day doing nothing but smoking weed. 90% of youth are degenerates as well. weed is for niggers, wiggers, and neets and all it does is sap your motivation and give you depression, autism, and schizophrenia. Weed in microdose purified medicine form for sick people is one thing but smoking an unrefined plant that gives you a million doses per joint because you wanna get "fuckin stoned xD" is fucking gay. weed is terrible and I used to smoke it and Im glad Im sober. it's called dope for a reason. it makes you stupid

This. A lot of them think there's some kind of "image" associated with it so they adhere to being edgy and trying to maintain a level of youth through weed rather than growing up. Good pot smokers are fun but rare

because alcohol usually involves drinking with friends and going to a bar/club
it makes you more reckless which can create some fun stories afterwards

smoking weed is pretty much the opposite and people don't want to hear about that shit

wow you are full on mad rn

Whether you're British or a pothead, you're still a Bong. And we still look down on you, don't worry.

been smoking for ten years now, and i've encountered countless examples of every type of person imaginable that also smokes weed. there is no one type of weed smoker, you don't magically turn into a white trash fuck stick with bad dreads and pot leaves on every clothing item.

potheads are really fucking annoying sometimes. we get it, you love weed 420fgt blaze it but theres more to life and the rest of us don't care that that's all you want to do is smoke things

casual pot smokers are typically alright people tho

Because only dumb niggers and fucking Arabs smoke weed. Stop ruining your brain cells you degenerate wanabe.

lol most of the people that a high profile get other people to buy their shit for them

I disagree, I find those things enjoyable but also find being a little stoned enjoyable

as it should be every where

Must just make you stupid.

You aren't a fun smoker. It's not for everybody

>grow up in gated community
>every male in the place smokes dope
>doctors, lawyers, engineers, government officials all blazing erryday
>the same family of hippies have been growing it and selling it to them for decades
>always have good dope, but never have to deal with reduards or faggoty stoner teens
Thanks for doing well in school, dad...

I tell them i hung out with my fictional friend jay. But i don't tell them about the fictional part. So some have asked to meet him i told them he was chronic. i almost ruined it keeping a straight face on that gem.

Only cops call the shit chronic

Differentfag here, but I'm not annoyed by the customers.
Most of the patrons in the shop near me are working professionals over 40.
Maybe it's just location? It's in the suburbs and it's too far from city center for foot traffic.

The staff are a different story.

southern Ontario here. It's not considered JUST a degenerate thing here. more like the thing you try keep from your kids until they're older.

I know plenty of middle class and upper class people who always smoke. my family is middle class. mostly all live in the country and have a lot of land and are rich rednecks. everyone smokes or eats edibles, grandparents. mom dad. uncle's, everyone. It's normal to go for a smoke break and always have a couple people smoking. It's just the norm everywhere around here. even work

Never heard of Chronic the hemphog?

Come to the US, people under 30 are not faggots

so Cal is full of faggots in the sense that they should all be burned in one of there forest fires like kindling or Jews. not like they all take it up the ass.

Move to Europe

kek the dare officers really got to this one

I see people do this with alcohol and video games too. it's sad realy

Hong Kong Fui

story of my stoned life, would way rather watch Spiderman with my cat than deal with people any night

It depends on the person I guess for me. Even though I smoke weed myself, I like to keep that to myself as much as I can to avoid scavengers. I look like just an average person, someone you wouldn't suspect smokes by first glance. I adamantly avoid other stoners that flaunt the lifestyle, like wearing clothing and accessories with marijuana leaves and shit. That's shouting to everyone hey look at me, I smoke pot, aren't I cool?
As far as how you talk about it with others, if they must know say you smoked a little weed to relax. That way they don't assume you're all about getting high... little white lies never hurt, friend.

your opinion of stoners is the way I feel about football in America

okay Nancy Regan

The only social stigma that's attached to smoking weed has been caused by stoner culture. The "dude, weed lmao"s have ruined it for all of you. Want to do something about it? Distance yourself from them. But we all know that's impossible because you all turn into them when you get high.

Underage and b&. Grownups lie about their drug and alcohol use on Monday morning.

kek

Why do you care what other people think? if they dont like you, then move on.. also, who really cares what anyone does on their weekend, its just stupid smalltalk.

Adults look at you like you're some kind of deviant if you say "I got shitfaced drunk" too. Basically if you cannot enjoy life without being chemically altered in some way it's a sign that maybe you're doing all that well.

Is that suppose to be a convincing argument?

Absolutely not true, people of all status love to brag about their inebriation.

it's not a stigma it's a reputation. drug addicts spread disease and crime wherever they end up

If you think Keanu Reaves is a faggot you can go fuck yourself, he's not a plastic actor and he's rugged as fuck - plus he rides motorbikes everywhere AND owns a motorbike company. Fucking tards ITT.

Okay, you can pull Keanu's cock out of your mouth now.

I'm not that guy. I've smoked weed almost every day for nearly eight years and consider myself a fairly agreeable person to be around. I've maintained a decent career as well. Though your estimates are probably a bit exaggerated, I would agree that marijuana (and nearly any inebriating substance) is most regularly used by trash people.

Do you think he would ever let me close enough to him to suck his dick?

You may not be aware but this is basically all stoners, pic related.

> I used to be one and this was 100% of the people I used to associate with.

I mean, I can't provide any proof but I definitely feel aware and cognizant throughout the day.

To everyone else you are far less intelligent and laugh at shit that isn't even close to funny. Slower to react and far less helpful.

I have had plenty of stoner employees and they are all useless.

Think what you will, but that's an extremely sweeping generalization. If anything, your dealing in absolutes is a greater display of ignorance than marijuana usage.

> Absolutes
> Defending retard stoners
Are you Joe Rogan or Palpatine? Make your mind up.

I already agreed that most habitual marijuana users perform, and likely think, to a lesser degree than most people. I'm just considering myself an outlier, not "defending retard stoners". So your argument is what exactly?

Check out the should police. Tell us all the other things we should and shouldn’t do.

Also, if I was giving you shit for dealing in absolutes, then you would be Palpatine. Only a Sith deals in absolutes, dipshit.

I stand corrected, its 4am here so my apologies for lapses in brain function.

I'm in CA and my boss has his medical card and grows a dozen plants so I'm around a bunch of stoners all the time.

They are without a doubt some of the most pathetic, laziest people I have ever met. Weed culture is so fucking lame I can barely stand it.

I don't mind if you smoke at the end of the day to unwind but the "wake and bake" ppl are all bums. Carrying around their RX bags like they have real medicine when all they really need it for is to get high and watch t.v.

>"I got shitfaced drunk" then that's totally okay
KEK, shows you've never had a job in your life kiddo, saying that shit will get you the label of being a drunkard, unreliable person that can't control himself

>"i got baked" Yeah cause getting baked turns you into a useless, halfbrain dead couch turd, most of the people that smoke weed are always talking about their "big plans" for the future, how they are gonna "Get rich" and how they got this "Business" they are gonna start, it's all the same story on everyone of them.
>B-but i got a phd
Any idiot can get a PhD today, shit is pretty much handed out to you, having a degree means NOTHING if all you do is smoke weed/drink/play games all day long.

No worries.

Nice! What's on your PhD?

As someone who's trying to quit alcoholism, I started doing this and was indeed labelled a liability, was sent home multiple times for intoxication at work, never fired because I did my job fairly well (I presume) but yeah. You don't want to get that reputation so its best to keep it to yourself.

The idea that saying "I got shitfaced last night" is any better than "I got bonged out of my mind" will change how people treat you is ridiculous.

Then stop telling people at work you smoke weed, you stupid nigger.

You tell them what you did WHILE you were smoking weed. What show you were watching, what game you were playing, etc.

Not that guy, but I'm a habitual stoner and my PhD is in cognitive development, ironically enough.

my life is great
>work 60 hours week, great money
>work on my miata project and smoke weed all day on my time off