Can we get a drinking thread going? I can't be the only depressed faggot here

Can we get a drinking thread going? I can't be the only depressed faggot here

What ya drinking? My roommate works at a brewery so my only frugal option is whatever he stocks the fridge with, so a lot of craft beer/IPA's

other than not being a pussy, is there shortcuts to drinking the high alc IPAs?

They taste like earwax, I'll keep drinking until it goes away but in the here and now, what could I do to make it better?

Maybe you just don't like IPAs, try a different style of beer, there are other options that are strong

There's no such think as not just liking something user. I know taste bud vary but its not all that different. Are they supposed to taste so bitter? If so that's cool, it's just after the 3rd IPA anything that taste that bitter will make me puke. Be it eating a fat turd, or drowning another flying dog.

>There's no such think as not just liking something user.
Cancel my plans for the night Karen. I just heard some good news!

I'm a drinker of craft beer, I enjoy a wide varietyI work in the craft beer industry and beer is no different than food, if you don't like bitter there is not much you can do about it, but if you drink enough IPAs you will eventually become almost blind to the bitterness

That bastard, giving you delish free beers!

>eventually become almost blind to the bitterness
Amen. The secret is keep drinking.

A few things that can help though.
>Drink from an open glass, instead of a bottle. Carbonation can make it harder
>Chill the beer (NOT ICE)
>Switch to something lighter the more drunk you become.

Drinking budweiser right now before going back to my vodka cocktails.

Vodka, cranberries juice, orange juice, sprite, and lemon juice.

Svedka vodka is cheep and tasty. Very effective

Recetly turned 21, if I have say $35 to spend... What will last me the longest/yet fuck me up everynight... yet also not taste like shit.

Definitely agree with drinking from glass, all beers no matter who makes it are designed to be poured, they are over carbonated so when you pour it you get a nice foamy head releasing the aroma, and that also reduces the carbonation making it smoother to drink

>What will last me the longest/yet fuck me up everynight
Ah, there's a lot of-
>yet also not taste like shit.

Yikes

There are also some IPAs that are not as bitter as others, if it's listed on the beer look at the IBU number, literally means international bitterness units, I figured d most stuff over 60 tend to be quite bitter, but sometimes it can be countered by sweetness, which most beers don't give you info on

Jello shots are good to get you fucked up quickly but not necessarly long for super cheap.

For long you want a Hard burbon of choice mixed drink.

For vodka maybe something like a jolly rancher drink, take jolly rancer, drop it in some vodka and mix it with your juice of choice. Cranapple will probably be your ebst bet but might want something else depending on how sweet or sour you want it.

For bourbon just a lemon lime mix with a bit of extra lime

For tequila orange juice and maybe a tequila sunrise in general.

For whiskey a 7-7 Whiskey, sprite, and lemon juice.

For most alcohol you are trying to balance sweet and sour to kill the alcohol taste so keep that in mind and do whatever you want in terms of flavor. Cheap club soda and a cheap fruit you cut up and squeeze should be enough to make you look like a bartender to anyone your age group.

Idk about the ibu, I've had some 7% that taste like straight bitter hoppy shit, yet say a nice limerita taste fine @11.5%

IPAs just aren't that good to me
I'll stick to my pale ales and red ales.

any good red ales come to mind? Haven't heard of that before, I dont drink often.

Montagnana Chianti

I wish I could drink wine. It just doesn't do it for me.

Good old coors banquet

Southern tier thick mint

I wish I could enough such a dark brew. Need to work on the T.Buds

I got into craft beers a few years ago when I went to a game at Fenway. Since then I can't bare to drink a mass produced beer.

JackieOs in Athens Ohio good food great beers and some cute waitresses

But nothing beats a Guinness

>nothing beats a Guinness
As a man named Guinness, my father would disagree.