Are african americans killed too often by the cops?

are african americans killed too often by the cops?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2015/10/18/upshot/police-killings-of-blacks-what-the-data-says.html
samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/NSDUHresultsPDFWHTML2013/Web/NSDUHresults2013.pdf
repository.cmu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1349&context=heinzworks
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If 13% to 14% of the population did not account for over 50% of its crime im sure they would we killed a lot less by cops.

or hell. they could just not get violent when they get busted for robbing a gas station, mugging someone or pulled over for a speeding ticket and butthurt the cop smelled the 10 bags of weed he had in the car and called for a K9 unit.

I'm sure there are unjustified killings, so the only possible answer is "yes". One unjustified killing would make that statement true.

But the fact remains that there are many, many situations where it is completely justified. There are thousands of hours of police camera footage of fatal shootings involving police that, if you watch, I'm sure you'd agree that shooting them was the best choice for everyone except the black person getting killed.

No

He a guud boi out spreadin da word of JEASUS!!!
He goin ta church erry sunday and bout ta go ta colage.
My church needs mo money fo dem programs.

The data shows they don't get disproportionately SHOT - but they have a disproportionate number of RUN-INS with police. More run-ins = more shootings for all races.

nytimes.com/2015/10/18/upshot/police-killings-of-blacks-what-the-data-says.html

No because I still see them every fucking day

When some black doctor or a lawyer gets his head blown off by a cop then ill care.
Fucking useless pavement apes getting their heads blown off makes me happy to be honest.

i mean it's not a question of whether or not they're killed to often. if someone is acting in a threatening way toward the police there is a fucking good chance you're gonna get shot, and you'd deserve it. the real question is, are african americans killed UNJUSTLY too often by the cops.

from arbitrary empirical data i'd say yes. maybe i've been libcuck'd too much but i really feel like there are cops that just shoot black people who aren't endangering their lives in any way because they're either scared or racist or both.

cops just need to get their shit straight and learn how to fight unarmed opponents. if you're too much of a pussy to fight with a stun gun or a baton against an unarmed opponent you shouldn't be a fucking cop in the first place.

Yup, and it's their own fault.

yes

In relation to the amount of crimes they commit? No. They're actually under represented.

makes sense you'd post a faggot

There is no data to suggest that police are targeting minorities

There is data to suggest that minority communities are much more criminally-prone, resulting in far more elevated law enforcement encounters

Recent high-profile interactions happened in black towns, in departments with 50% black officers, with black chief-of-police, with black mayors.

When the counter-argument is "well the black cops are also trained to be racist", you should recognize the argument is bullshit.

All I asked is for Black people to realize their high levels of violent crime are mostly responsible for their disproportionate levels of violent police encounters. When "thugs" are responsible for higher levels of violent crime this will inevitably lead to an officer automatically having a higher level of anxiety and suspicion when dealing with them because cops are merely human (their suspicions are usually right). When an officer makes a mistake, it isn't necessarily malice or racism that is the cause, but human fallibility, because cops are merely a reflection of the people that they serve. You can't take a community filled with illiterate, criminal Blacks and expect the police to be paragons of virtue, demigods, Harvard Law graduates, Kung Fu masters, Olympic-level athletes and marksmen, with Buddhist monk-levels of patience and the ability to slow time so they can analyze every situation and make the perfect call in every single situation an unpredictable and sometimes violent Black forces them into.

This is all I asked of Blacks, and then they burned down a bunch of shit and blamed it all on FO HUNNIT YEARS OF SLAVERY.

Not at all. Each nigger gets killed once which is the precise number of times each nigger needs to be killed. If a particular nigger got killed 4 or 5 times then maybe that would start to become excessive.

I disagree with this

>> if you're too much of a pussy to fight with a stun gun or a baton against an unarmed opponent....

If you attack me, then the only fair fight is the one I walk away from. I'm not going to go around starting fights, but you're damned sure if you attack me, I'm going to do whatever is in my power to stop you from doing me any harm. I will use the best weapon at my disposal. Full grown men can easily kill another man with their hands and feet. I'm not going to "be less of a pussy" and end up getting my face stomped into a puddle, especially over a 30k a year job. If you attack me, and I have a gun, you are going to get shot. I'm not even going to warn you like the police do. That's their baggage. I'm going to defend my life at any cost, because it is the one resource I cannot afford to waste.

I know this BLACK cop who tried to take someone down without using lethal force. He got stabbed 5 times. He survived it. His attitude about using lethal force in a threatening situation is very different now.

>fuck with the cops, you have earned that bullet

does the truth hurt?

paragons of virtue, demigods, Harvard Law graduates, Kung Fu masters, Olympic-level athletes and marksmen, with Buddhist monk-levels of patience and the ability to slow time so they can analyze every situation and make the perfect call in every single situation

Or they could just not shoot anyone who is unarmed. If someone is acting hostile towards you and they are unarmed I don't see a problem with subduing them with force/less-than-lethal weaponry, but just outright killing someone (by any method) seems mildly inappropriate. Just a thought.

>DEY BE KILLING MAH NIGGAS WIL DEY BE MAING DAT PAPAH NIGGA
yeah, it's not like you backed pieces of shit for SEVEN YEARS and people got tired of hearing your slave songs over the same shit you cause.

>from arbitrary empirical data i'd say yes. maybe i've been libcuck'd too much but i really feel like there are cops that just shoot black people who aren't endangering their lives in any way because they're either scared or racist or both.

You're libcucked too much. You have to realize that cops realize Blacks are much more unpredictable, irrational, and prone to resisting and fighting than other races. Asians are so polite and don't hide their emotions very well. When they're being angry then you know, and you know how to approach them. When they're calm and polite you know they'll mostly listen. Blacks can just haul off and punch you in the face when they realize they're getting arrested and have decided they don't want to go to jail, or even worse pull out a weapon. Across the computer screens of all the police in this country, the same "be on the look out" messages pop up: "robbery suspect, black male wearing all black", or "black male, white shirt blue jeans". Over and over and over.

In New York City, something like 80% of all shooting suspects are Black males. The rest are mostly Hispanic, a handful are White and "other". Imagine being a cop in New York and having statistics like that ingrained in your reflexes. If a cop is immediately on alert whenever around a Black suspect, and he's dealing with Black suspects far more often than any other race, chances are if he's going to fuck up and shoot an unarmed suspect he's going to do it to a Black suspect.

This isn't evidence of racism or malice, but a byproduct of dealing with Blacks day in, day out and forming their own opinion of them based on their experiences with them. Blacks could do more to end the shootings of their race than the police could. I figure if we took a list of factors that contribute to shootings and controlled for them all, the contributions of "racism" would quickly approach zero.

I also want unjustified killings to cease. By criminals and police officers. Police officers have body cameras though and are deathly afraid of going to jail (they're completely fucked) so the chances of them murdering someone for an unjustified reason are very slim. Criminals however are anti-social (not social retards, the other definition) by nature and impulsive enough to kill people unjustifiably. So sometimes they have to be killed, jailed, or shot since we won't/can't put body cameras on them.

>but just outright killing someone (by any method) seems mildly inappropriate
You overestimate the effectiveness of LTL alternatives. When an aggressive, belligerent suspect charges you with a knife you could hope and pray that BOTH of those taser prongs not only hit their mark, but penetrate the suspects clothes AND effect their muscles enough to drop them, which is never a guarantee. That's what situations like these really boil down to; hope and pray or use a bullet.

Lol. Really? A baton or fistfight? You know criminals don't engage in honorable melee battle and fisticuffs right?

>Or they could just not shoot anyone who is unarmed. If someone is acting hostile towards you and they are unarmed I don't see a problem with subduing them with force/less-than-lethal weaponry, but just outright killing someone (by any method) seems mildly inappropriate. Just a thought.

That's because you're short-sighted and retarded. Police are rarely trained in hand to hand combat and can be overpowered and have their weapons taken in a fight. People pull weapons and kill cops in an instant. This is why we go by the "reasonable standard" when deciding whether a cop made the right decision to shoot someone or not. We live in a country with the second amendment. Police would have less reason to believe someone would have a gun if they lived in a country like England.

Knowing this, it would behoove people to obey the commands of police, but every single day people decide to fight cops, run, reach for their waistband and anything else which escalates the encounter. Some cops are just stupid, too.

All I'm saying is I've seen more videos of police being 110% justified in pulling the trigger that are labeled as "POLICE BRUTALITY" than I have of legitimately unjustified abuses of power, and at the moment the only one I can recall is the Philandro Castile shooting(and even in that case the justification is arguable because he was reaching into his pants after being told not to)

I know that's a pathetically anecdotal basis but I think most anons here can agree. And on top of that, the handful of cop encounters I personally have had have all gone well. All were friendly bro-tier cops who were just doing their job. But that might just be my "white privilege" i.e. not breaking the law

>happened in black towns, in departments with 50% black officers, with black chief-of-police, with black mayors.
>I know how to repeat right-wing memes I've seen on facebook

In actual fact, there's plenty of data to suggest that police are targeting minorities. Black men are more likely to be stopped and searched when they don't have anything on them than white men. Black men get 20% harsher sentences than white men even when all the things like previous criminal history are taken into account. And in places with black officers, black police chiefs, and black mayors, white cops are still the ones doing the shooting.

If you're thinking about countering that with a bunch of statistics about how blacks are 15% of the population but commit 50% of the murders and stuff, first you have to explain how the two statements
- The police are corrupt and racist
and
- Blacks commit more crime
can't both be true.

Now, if you want to say you don't care that the police are bigoted thugs because black people are bad too, fine. But at least be honest.

not him but

>Blacks commit more crime
Niggers
>The police are racist
Because niggers

No excuse for the corruption but expecting every cop to be fired for """police brutality""" is like expecting every man to serve a prison term anytime a woman screams rape

>uses the "right-wing memes" meme
>proceeds to spout left-wing memes.

It's like memeception over here.

We're not talking about niggers who are whining because the cops were too rough putting the handcuffs on them. We're talking about niggers who are fucking dead. We're not talking about cops who aren't getting the right administrative punishment when they don't follow health and safety procedure, we're talking about cops who are breaking the law in broad daylight and walking free.

The cops should not be above the law. If cops don't start going to prison when they kill, maim, and torture people then America doesn't deserve to call itself a free country.

People are being shot in the street like garbage. Have you listened to the audio of the police radio of the murder of Walter Scott?

Literally less than half of 1% of cops have killed someone but yet the media blows it up and leftists take it in like a bunch of dumbasses.

Not often enough.

They aren't killed often enough

Breaking what law? They've mostly been found innocent via due process, exactly how the law says we should determine if they're breaking the law.

LOL that guy totally stabbed people and they are worried about his WRISTS??!!?? man! give me a break!

And 50% of people in prison are there for small amounts of marijuana. Funny how that works. Bunch of fascist retards.

And dont tell me a pound is alot. Its not.

That 50% statistic is specifically for violent crime.

how is tyrone sposed to feed his kids?? how com everytime a black person rob a store they gotta be fraid fo their lives? tyone a good boy, he dindu nuffin racist ass crackas

>violent crime
Fucking bleeding heart fuck

at this nigger killing rate US will be soon nigger free

Maybe sometimes it isn’t justified, but niggers bring that shit on themselves. The same mother fuckers always getting arrested and acting a fucking fool then playing victim when shit goes sideways. I watched a video the other day of some bitch trying to run from the cops and when the cops tries to cuff her then her little thug 16 year old boy comes and tries to fight the cop. If I have a gun and you try to punch me I’m shooting. I don’t give a fuck it the nigger was 16.

Whether or not you believe weed should be legal or not, it isn't in most places meaning being caught with it is a crime. Criminals, you know, the people who commit crimes under the law, go to prison. We can debate the ethics of criminalizing a plant all day but the fact of the matter is they had an illegal substance on them and were caught and convicted.

and all we ask is that black people abide by the fucking law, as is expected of every American citizen, which means no theft, no rape, no assault, no gangs, no drugs, and no murder. And when you decide to assault an officer, it's your fucking funeral.

>fascist
I don't think that means what you think it means

I am most likely to be killed by white people.

We need more cops killing white people to get the murder rates down that really effect the people in this thread.

This is what freedom means. When retards make some autistic laws, with their lack of skills and work ethic, we as Americans are free to ignore them. Especially those of us who can just outsmart them, its not hard.

The problem that cops aren't held accountable for the unjustified killings.

Convince more people of other races to commit more crimes and you'd get your wish then.

White people are the number one cop killers too. They really should kill quite a bit more white people

Legalize drugs and you eliminate alot of the violent crime and the weapons trafficking. Without obscene profits due to the threat of violence or confiscation of 'banned' substances, you eliminate the competition needing violence and frankly, much more wealthy people will take over.

Sure, but don't chimp out when you are punished for breaking said laws.

Must be nice being able to invent your own statistics, faggot

White people dont go around doing fucked up shit all time. Niggers literally give more respect to guys that go to jail than they do guys that go to college. Then have the nerve to wonder why nobody wants their chimp asses around.

Im white, Ive witnessed my privilege get me out of shit dozens of times. Im also an engineer so I dont fuck up and say stupid shit.

legalization of marijuana had gangs move to harder substances more specifically opioids and methamphetamines. M13 did not like the legalization of marijuana I can assure you of that. And weapons trafficking won't ever go away so long as there is a profit to be made from crime and associated protection costs. And don't even get started on gun control shit, democratic senator Yee a major gun control advocate was caught conspiring to sell weapons to gangs.

no resisting Criminals are killed by cops, too often is a matter of opinion.

This is all you faux news lovers have been doing, and now youre bitching.

Legalize them all. The people who do drugs will continue regardless of legalization because law enforcement is a failure. The low IQs failed at something? How surprising.

Oh... You're one of those people....

If you really want to stop systemic crime and police issues focus on the real problem. Hatred of members of the community getting an education and going uncle tom, glorification of thug culture and a lack of stability in the home to stop people from turning to crime in the first place.

>asked
you ran through the streets terrorizing people, destroying property, setting fires, stealing from stores...that's a funny fucking way to "ask". all because some guy you don't know got shot.

This is what I'd be worried about. Legal or no, heroin's a drug that'll ruin shit. Everyone up here in PA knows a junkie, or at least they did before they OD'd.

>White people dont go around doing fucked up shit all time.
Reported rates of illegal drug use is the same for blacks and whites. Yet more blacks are arrested and sentenced for illegal drug use. Whites are still using the illegal drugs, but aren't getting arrested as much, and when they are, sentences aren't as steep.

Why do you think that is?

>be black
>your race is less than 15% of the population
>less than half of your race are adult males
>still commits an alarmingly large portion of the crime in your country
>black males have roughly the number of encounters with police you'd expect given that crime rate
>despite this, your chance of being shot during an encounter with police is greater if you're white than if you're black
>literally nothing to suggest police are negro murdering squads except for the occasional questionable shooting, in a country of 300 million people, in an era where almost every citizen can record a 1080p video at a moment's notice
>won't bother looking this up for yourself because the burden is convenient, like a gimp knee that keeps people from asking you to help them move

This. Fact is, these niggers are perfectly capable of fixing their communities. They just happily choose wrong 9.5 times out of 10

I don't think there is much debate over the fact that there are a shit ton of under trained useless cops in America. Instead of knowing how to deal with a situation they end up pulling their guns and shooting.

Because lots of niggers are stupid enough to deal out in the open, where cops can see and catch them. White dealers keep their business indoors. Doesn't mean they'll never get caught, but they don't get busted as often.

>White people dont go around doing fucked up shit all time.
Did you literally just say that? See. This is the problem white people. You make these sweeping generalities and then some anecdote about Chicago and then act like your ahit dont stink.

If you have ever uttered the words black on black crime, but never uttered the words white on white crime you are fucking delusional.

They are not the threat to your life. We are the biggest threat to your life.

>focus on the real problem
>Hatred of members of the community getting an education and going uncle tom
That's not the real problem.

>glorification of thug culture
That's not the real problem.

>lack of stability in the home to stop people from turning to crime in the first place
This is the real problem, but not for the reason you might think. The breakdown of the black family, poverty, and drug addiction are intrinsically tied with criminality.

The million dollar question is: What caused the decline of black families?

Here's a hint: divorce rates among blacks were roughly the same as whites before the Civil Rights Movement and subsequent War on Drugs.

They are frequently killed by cops, yes. All cops should be required to wear body cams and be equipped with better non-lethal equipment and a firearm as a last resort. With the resources we have now, there's no reason this shouldn't be possible and it would benefit all parties involved.

Obviously not nearly enough cos they're still nigging around

What reports? Show me reports that black people and white people with similar criminal records get treated differently.

As it stands blacks have more opportunity for upward mobility than anyone else. Free college in most states so long as they maintain decent grades, can get accepted despite gross incompetence, graduate at a lower standard at most state schools, get into the workplace despite gross incompetence and better performing white and asian employees, and barring anything severe avoid getting fired due to race.

You're wrong. You're just dead wrong.

Police departments prey on black communities, and leave white communities alone. This has been going on for decades, and it degrades the foundation of black families. So, for decades now, the police have been motivated by racial prejudice when deciding where and when to enforce the laws.

The laws that are being enforced (drug laws) were passed during a time when members of congress were openly members of the KKK. Do you think it's possible that some laws and policies (which we still use today) were racially-motivated? Specifically, to target the black community as punishment for the civil rights movement.

>frequently killed

In 2016, 230 blacks were killed by police. That accounts for less than a quarter of all police shootings for that year. That also accounts for a fraction of a fraction of their population in America.

Thug culture doesn't lend itself well to a stable two parent home. Having a "side chick" is seen as the cultural norm. That doesn't help at all. And the problem with going after members of your group trying to get an education is the social ostracization that subsequently follows. You lose identity as a member of your group or give up a hope for a better life. No one can pursue better because they would rather keep constructive members of society down.

The aforementioned first point contributes heavily to families breaking apart before they even start. And the second stops upward economic movement before it can start too.

America sees non lethal as a joke. For instance, can you name any non lethal martial art that is thought of highly?

Why pin your attackker to the ground when you can end him much faster? Bullets work better than tasers, so we use those instead.

Depends who you ask.

>samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/NSDUHresultsPDFWHTML2013/Web/NSDUHresults2013.pdf
>In 2013, among persons aged 12 or older, the rate of current illicit drug use was 3.1 percent
among Asians, 8.8 percent among Hispanics, 9.5 percent among whites, 10.5 percent among
blacks, 12.3 percent among American Indians or Alaska Natives, 14.0 percent among Native
Hawaiians or Other Pacific Islanders, and 17.4 percent among persons reporting two or more
races.

>repository.cmu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1349&context=heinzworks
>finding evidence that: (i) juries formed from all-white jury pools convict black defendants significantly (16 percentage points) more often than white defendants

There's more, if you want.

I'd like to take those trips from you and jam them up your ass.

Your argument would look good in a tinfoil hat.

burn.jpg

No. I've actually worked alongside cops, and you're wrong. They frequent black communities because that's typically the best use of resources. It's not a decision to go where the black people are. They go where the crime is heavier, and that's almost always going to cross over strongly with black communities. In some areas that's not the case, but that's the reality for most places. Crime and black culture are apparently magnetic towards each other, and until we start addressing that and trying to improve their communities from the inside out things will just keep getting worse. I'm gonna guess you don't actually know a lot of back people and have never really been to these places? Maybe you should stop buying into assumptions about racist legacy and start actually looking at who's doing what NOW and what their reasoning is.

oof looks like someone hit you right in your privilege

>Having a "side chick" is seen as the cultural norm
That's the same in white culture. It may be hard to accept, but black people aren't the only people in the world that only play lip service to monogamy.

>Thug culture doesn't lend itself well to a stable two parent home.
I don't necessarily disagree with that, but the problem goes much deeper. Police, the courts, and the legislature do not treat black communities the same as white communities. That doesn't mean they're overt racists, but it does mean that we have a problem that can't be fixed by ratcheting up the pressure on black families.

Families are the foundation of strong communities, and too many families were destroyed for there not to be repercussions. I want the black community to be strong and stable, and for that to happen we have to fight the source of the problem. There's a fucking paper trail a mile long, and it all points to social disorganization and the breakdown of the black family caused by targeted policing.

That doesn’t say anything about similar criminal records. If the nigger gets picked up for drugs and has prior offenses then he is probably going to jail.

No. It is bullshit
The number one cause of Death for black people is niggers.

> Crime and poverty are apparently magnetic towards each other

Fixed that for you

Anecdotal.

>privilege

GG, thanks for the win dumbass.

You break the law you go to jail. Whether or not you think weed should be legal doesn't matter, I can't kill someone and get away with it if I think murder should be legal.

When you have 13% of the population responsible for over half of the crime then you can’t say shit. Niggers literally think going to jail and committing crime is normal.

>It's not a decision to go where the black people are.
Of course not. Police go to where they -think- crime is.

>Crime and black culture are apparently magnetic towards each other
My point is that that wasn't always the case. We have seen the decline of black communities going back to the 50s and 60s and it coincided with targeted policing.

>until we start addressing that and trying to improve their communities from the inside out things will just keep getting worse
Then we have to also accept the reality that the justice system crippled the black community. Deviant behavior has roots that go deeper than the color of your skin, but historically your skin color mattered a lot more in determining how you are treated by police.

>gonna guess you don't actually know a lot of back people and have never really been to these places?
I grew up in the ghetto. I used to live in Oakland, CA. I was raised along side black families and when I went to college my mentors were police officers that I still respect to this day. I'm not taking sides based on cultural ties, I've seen the data and it has convinced me.

I want people to know that there's much more to this problem than what's on the surface. Not all cops are racist, not all black people are angels, and the criminal justice system isn't fucking perfect.

Yes, and those "prior offenses" are all intrinsically tied to social organization and policing.

A kid that grows up smoking pot more likely to catch a case if he does it in a black ghetto than in a white suburb. If you don't believe that you're deluding yourself.

No.

Studies have shown that blacks posing violent threat are shot LESS often than other races by police, for fear of social reprisal.

or maybe they should just stop being a bunch of niggers.

so fuckin stupid.