What was the worst money mistake you or your friends/parents made?

What was the worst money mistake you or your friends/parents made?

I got my first job and wasted all the money as soon as my paychecks came in instead of saving up

i spent all the money i made as soon as i made it in my first job

Buying things to keep me alive

>chosing the most expensive contractor to work on my house expecting higher quality

worst
decision
ever !

i gave $15,000 to camwhores over the past year

holy fuck what have i done

Not buying bitcoin at $10/coin. Once in a lifetime opportunity to be a millionaire with zero effort.

after about a year of research for a new truck i let my friend convince me to buy an F-150 over a Tundra

my truck has been "down" for repairs for almost a year and a half in a combined 6 years. meanwhile he traded his ford and bought a tundra and reminds me not to listen to him anymore

Fuck, I know right? At the time it seemed like a dumb idea that wouldn't catch on as it couldn't be spent anywhere. Instead I installed folding at home.

Sold 200 bitcoins I mined for $30 each.

My family owned a cabin in Colorado ski country and sold it cheap before the big financial booms of the last 40 years.

If they had kept it and paid the $20K mortgage the land would be worth $???K today,
plus would have been an excellent base for ski vacations, spring break parties, etc.

Dumb ass dirt farmers

I traded futures contracts using software I bought on the internet. Biggest mistake was not fully understanding how the software worked. I started with 100k and finished with 150k in about 6 months. I was doing well. And then trump got elected and the markets went straight upward for like the past year which is bizzarre. The software didn't react properly and I lost all of it. All 150k.

Stupidest decision is investing your money alongside something that you don't 100% understand. That was everything I had.

>$15,000 to camwhores

Ouch.
I spent $1000 on a certain stripper, $20 lapdance at a time, and I thought that was a bit excessive.

hindsight is 20/20 my dude

when i was a kid we had that nintendo olympics game and mat new in box celo wrapped but since we were little faggots we unwrapped it and destroyed 700 bucks of nerd collectible memorabilia

Gave 30 bucks to a complete stranger when im broke with no job

I lost £400 to Bitcoin, forgot my wallet.

>hindsight is 20/20 my dude

There was no good reason to sell at the time. They just decided that they weren't visiting it enough at the moment so they let it go for a song.
If they had 1/2 a brain, they could have at least rented it out until they were ready to use it again.

They regretted it only a couple of years later, and that was still long before ski country exploded in value.

I spent $500 and an hour with a hot colombian whore

spent a 120 bucks on a uber to go to school and ended up dropping out that semester anyways.

Not buying gold in 2007. Not buying bitcoins in 2009.

I'd be a millionaire several times over. Had the money too, just no drive.

I do sex tourism once a year, usually spending all of my savings and having to work a whole year, 6 days a week for 1 week of fun
I don't regret it tho

>sold my bitcoins
I had mined something like 900 in the early days of 2011, but sold it all to pay debts. Thinking that I'd be top 1% now makes me want to kill myself

To all faggots here who sold their Bitcoins in the early days, you Had sold it anyway at 100/200 dollars

Got $25,000 in credit card debt. I make ~$60,000 a year and can barely get by because of the payments. Fuck.

Signed a deal with an agency for some science related work, was too cocky and spent the money on other stuff (new PC, AC, TV, other household appliances and lots of beer) and the fucked up the work so I now own them at the very least 3500$. My current monthly wage is 250$ with the cost of living around 200-220.
Also they want the money right now in one payment so I'm forced to take a loan and pay at least 25% more.
Thinking about suiciding.

Good known stranger of me did nearly the same. He didn't waste all BC. After rehab he could buy lots of funny stuff ... now he's dead

Bought fast food every day

>Thinking about suiciding.

$3500 is a drop in the bucket when you think of what you'll make over your lifetime. Don't sweat it, just work hard and ride it out.

better than hiring Poles, some old woman wanted to have her bath renovated, gold old craftsman wanted 12000 euro, she took the Poles for 6000, in the end her bath was fucked up, she had to take the craftsman, he now needed to do more work, in the end she paid 24000

oof

Lost $1000 in vegas by putting it all on red.

But then again it was a life experience.

Tell them to suck a dick and send in the debt collectors. Pay them back $5 a month.

Getting married
If I had just listened to everyone, and instead of getting married I was fucking hookers/fwb I'd have everything I want by now.

I turned down a voluntary redundancy offer from my employer, where I would have walked out of a job I hated with $60k. My reason: 1) I can't live forever on $60k, 2) it will be hard to find a job over the Christmas period.

What failed to realise was that I didn't NEED a job right away, because I'd have $60k. I could easily live on $60k for a few years. I would also get welfare from the government during that time. I spent so much time trying to do the responsible adult thing that I played myself, and got fired with nothing.

My parents annual salary is $40,000 and bought a house for $400,000.
They still haven't paid off the mortgage yet and are way overspending their salary like there is no limit.
5 years later they will retire and I don't see them paying off their mortgage and other related expenses.

kid that worked for me deployed to afghanland and came back to 40,000 in debt a destroyed house and sold cars.

his wife was different tho

Dude that makes no sense just seeing how much ppl have wasted on this thread supposedly fucking hookers. Hahh

College

Details

Its okay. Nobody is perfect and money doesnt solve problems, it gives you time.

I don't know that dude's story, but there are lots of ways a marriage can pull you down.
>divorce is expensive
>children are expensive
>lack of mobility can trap you in a dead-end job
>wives that don't work are a $$ drain

Nigga, didn't you see this movie?

Bought a Datsun 280zx when i was 16 for less than $500. Gave it away.

I bought a Jeep, new, in 1975. It rusted through in one year. Also, one day it wouldn't start and I found the starter nearly ready to fall on the ground because of loose bolts on the housing. I'm old and it was the stupidest thing I wasted money on.

I'm secretly knocking down $6k in credit card debt that my wife doesn't know about. I could pay it off tomorrow but I don't want to have that conversation.

I (me) spent (hand someone else my money) $500 (amount of money) and an hour (as in time, or 60 minutes) with a hot (not literally hot, but like really sexy) colombian (from Colombia) whore (prostitute)
I hope I was detailed enough

why? dropping 6k now is easier to explain than it turning into 7.5 in a few years

I'm 24, jobless, $25 bucks left in my bank account, I don't know how to drive, I don't have a car, I live with my mom and had to drop college.
Not just 1 mistake, but a lot were made.

I honestly expected more than 3 or 4 people to have bitcoin regrets.

Maybe its cause its the drad of night though.

I fucked a Baltimore prostitute

chekt

Sending me to a private school for 5k each term (3 months a term for 15k per year) and then sent me to some shitty private school for year 11 and 12 and not being in the same country as me making the previous 10 year a waste of money.

Hahaha... This whore user, GG

do black lives matter though?

It's not that big of a drain with our incomes, and I'd rather not have her see what I spend money on

>I'd rather not have her see what I spend money on
Whores and blow

>I don't know how to drive

This is sad. This is the worst part of the current young generation.
The fact that you don't have the drive, the ache, the need, to get behind a wheel, get out of the house and have a good time in the world,
explains a lot about the generation's shortcomings.

Dban’d a USB with $15000 bitcoin on it

>ctrl f "bitcoin"

Listen retards. It's not one decision, either you sold when you did, or you sold today and became a millionaire You have to think about inbetween. If you kept the bitcoin, it would've been a big decision CONSTANTLY to keep it through the numerous crashes. Those would have been daily decisions to keep instead of sell.

Don't beat yourself up because if you would've kept it you would've found another reason to sell before now. It's just as stupid as looking at the winning lottery numbers and saying "man I should've guess THESE numbers then I'd be a millionaire. Not a perfect analogy at ALL,but it is the same kindof stupid.

And to top it all off, maybe if you sold all that bitcoin today, you would've still considered yourself a fuckup in 10 years when it's worth 10k per coin.

>10k
I meant 100k, but who knows what it will be worth.

>you would've still considered yourself a fuckup in 10 years when it's worth 10k per coin

Agree.
Or, it crashes tomorrow never to return, and you'd be kicking yourself for not getting rid of it earlier.

At least, do you have girlfriend, user?

can you not read? he said he's got no money

I get what you mean, but With that 25 bucks should he buy gas, insurance, or a bus pass?

Most of his generation support their parents not the other way around

I had to save for 4 years for a car, because I didnt want to live out of that car while I worked and schooled.

Ever bought something a dollar at a time? And then the repair bills?

english is not your primary language is it

Yes, and she's probably the only thing I'm proud of in my life

No. Finnish.

Sold every thing took money and travel to long term virtual relationship girl city Rio 2 months latter fourty thousand$ gone turned out bitch had CBT don't speak language don't know what to do next can not go back burnt bridges and ships before traveling. I am in a abusive relationship with life it keeps fucking and I keep taking it

>Most of his generation support their parents

At least regarding the USA and probably most of western society, this is bullshit.

Someone with $25 who doesn't know how to drive should be buying the gas for his best friend to teach him how to drive.

they probably tried but kiddo just wanted to swag yolo it up. I'm not too old but ive seen an interesting trend in kids not wanting to learn how to drive

ive actually had to teach several of the guys im put in charge of how to drive because their single mother couldnt "find the time"

Ayy lmao

Assburger homo cuck :D

Don't be proud of that, user. There are a lot of girls and flirting guys. You must work, work and work... and use pills to avoid impregnating her

I once spent 100k on whores and cocaine, all in one night. What a fucking night though

My parents put equivalent of brand new good equipped middle class car(passat/mondeo/whatever) into mutual fund in 2007... They didn't withdraw when I told them to after market crash and now they have about 60% of what they've put... 10 years ago. Yeah that cuck mentality lol.

I won 100k on a scratchcard and I didn't know how it worked. I threw it away and now every time I clear my bin I kick off.

Pretty much. A lot of cheap hotel rooms on that card.

>listening to a guy who, not too long ago, was shitting himself and crying about monsters under his bed

My girlfriend doesn’t know about it. That’s the shitty part. I don’t want to tell her either.

I bought every v12 engine
Wish I could take it back to the beginning

Well she is pretty hot. Did you get any pics?

When pot started to become legal, bob marleys family sold rights to use his name to a marijuana company. I invested 90% of my net worth.
The legalization didnt spread as fast as Id hoped. Lost my job (for drinking). Have 10% cash as before.
Now sell kitchen knives door to door.

Only this other one... pics from whatsapp. I rate her 8.5/10. What do you think, user?

are they good knives at least?

They'll cut through a can and then slice a tomato.

I wouldn't even be mad at paying that, I can't find a flaw, but I'm a NEET virgin with anxiety so my standards are skewed at this point.

My parents paid for my college.

people don't eat cans though

what brand is it?

>my sister got diagnosed with MS when I was 15.
>someone told my parents swimming was great therapy for MS sufferers
>mfw they spent my college fund on a pool
>mfw she used it about 4 times in 6 years
>mfw no face

Youre not me
Yes they are good they can slice through aluminum and then through fruit.

>how to prove your a modern day feminist the post

Not buying our flat in Hong Kong in the 1990's....today's value is 100x....

I think its horrible that because of societal pressures your parents were influenced to spend so much money on your sister with MS when their son without a face got nothing. Imo your condition is worse. How do you use the computer if you dont mind me asking?

You must go out and flirt some chicks, kiddo.

I'd better shoot myself in the leg.

Yeah that is pretty stupid. Over here if someone has a disorder that would benefit from swimming they just go to the nearest gym or leisure centre. It's like £2 entry.

You might do better studying abroad.

But i bought a fleshlight from joe rogan, so Id rather not

Feel u

Maybe you need to save money and search a colombian bitch, lmao! :V

not investing in making moonshine 10 years ago