READ!!!

READ!!!

The marines have flamethrowers and fuel to last 900 octillion years, after that its handguns and boots.
The fight takes place on an infinite flat field, obviously not in this universe so no black holes and shit. The marines start in 1 group and the ants come from all directions (by foot) untill 1 team is 100% dead.
No death by hunger, dehydration, old age or disease but the marines still need sleep. No reproduction either.

Which team would win and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XTeJ64KD5cg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Will there be night time or is it always bright daylight?

Marines are fucked, you sealed their fate when you made exhaustion a factor. If they still get tired they are going to wear down over time both physically and emotionally while the ants won't give a fuck.

If I had some real numbers I'd have some idea

just sugar ants though?

Because one marine can't sleep while another continues to kill ants.

Assuming they have ill intent towards the marines then yes.

Watch this to get some idea of what Graham's number is youtu.be/XTeJ64KD5cg

The marines would lose because they would probably end up killing themselves from insanity.

Phone fag here
Can someone calculate how many ants every marine has to kill to win and then estimate how long that would take

Not possible

>Take marines
> form circle with outside soldiers being on watch
> use short bursts
> when your shift is up, go play naked beach volleyball with the guys

The real question is will the ants dig underground and come up beneath them or just come straight at them on the flat plane?

If they have flamethrowers they could last for a long time. Maybe evern make a wall of flamethrowers and build a town. Old people would talk about the day the flamethrowers would run out but all the kids would be like
"Nah gramps u just old."
Then one day they would run out.
And the ants would slaughter them

Doesn't matter either way, I can't find an online calculator that allows Graham's number but I'm pretty sure that with 900 octillion years of fuel they wouldn't be able to kill the ants fast enough to put a dent in them before running dry.

marines would win. ants lifecycle is only a few weeks. no reproduction means humans just have to live out a month or two tops.

9^(9)^(9)=infinite ants

I don't think you spergs understand how large Graham's Number is. It's not like just "a few billion times more", or even "a few Googolplex times more". Take a Googolplex, put it to the power of itself a googolplex times. The result still won't register as even an atom sized blip on a number scale from 0 to Graham's Number. I literally can't even think of an analogy to emphasize how large it is. Not even going "IMAGINE YOU HAD A BAJILLION UNIVERSES" because no matter what number I use to describe it, it will be completely insignificant.

You might as well say a Graham's Number of ants vs. 1 US Marine, the numerical comparison would basically be the same, just as the results of 1 billion - 0.00001 and 1 billion - 0.00002 can be said to be "basically the same".

Ants win.

>No death by hunger, dehydration, old age or disease
>No death by
>old age

learn to read faggot

I agree with this dude. Flamethrower for each solidier make a flamthrower wall all around. They would last 900 quintillion years and then die fro. The ants.

I can't tell if this is an underappreciated math joke or if you don't know what grahams number is and are just asking for a quantifiable number

With that many ants you have gone past Schwarzschild radius. The ants would form a black hole and no one wins.

Here's an example
9^(9)^(9)^(9)

>but the marines still need sleep.

Easy then, Marines can die of fatigue, if not, they are swarmed after their 900 octillion years of fuel runs out, Grahams Number > one Googolplex

Marines are swarmed, death by fatigue, or death by suffocation.

Ants win.

There really is no contest.

googolplex↑↑↑↑↑googolplex equals to a pretty big number

What kind of Ants are We Talking about?
If they are Different Species lump up together then the Ants would go to War with one another.

does everyone of the arines have a flamethrower they can use for 900 oct years without pause?

Yep but Graham's number is so fucking huge it might as well be 1 guy with a flamethrower that lasts 1 second vs a trillion ants.

>no reproduction
Cmon OP the only good thing hundred-of-years long wars is the fact that it's a war fought by several generations

porque nadie esta pensando en los gases producidos por la combustión de los lanzallamas? automáticamente los marines moririan por la acumulación de estos, por envenenamiento o sofocación.

Thing is, at some point in the ant count calculation for Graham's Number, there will be that same calculation you stated, but there will be a Googolplex up arrows.And then in the following part of the calculation, there will be the result of that equation with a Googolplex up arrows... used to define the number of up arrows in the next calculation.

Even googolplex↑↑↑↑↑googolplex is insignificant in the wake of Graham's Number.

Helloooooooo! Motherfucker haven't any of you niggers ever played edf?? Humans win errytime. Jesus what a wasted thread.

Irrelevant. Give them a Googolplex years of flamethrower fuel that can blast without pause. When the fuel runs out, the ant count will still be so large that it will be uncountable. Y'all gotta learn about the significance of operators beyond exponents

Graham's number is just way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, bigger than a googolpex so there's really no contest.

Michael v sauce go to bed.

How would they kill the humans though?
Just climb on them until the marines are buried under a big ant mountain?

Understatement of the year...there isn't even a googolplex atoms in the observable universe...let alone graham's number

Rules state no black holes

Couldn't the Marines build some kind of structures with their gear and corpses, like a wall or a tower with a moat where ants kill themselfes by climbing over each other?

I dunno man I see a hole in this idea

Considering they could not just get building materials since it's an infinite flat plane, they would only have gear available. All their gear wouldn't make much of a wall or structure. Using things like guns, boots, etc, would would leave holes and crevices for ants to crawl through.

You could make a case for using the duffel bags with clothes in them which would act more like sandbags but even the amount you'd need to surround the marines would be unreal.

And so let's say it was reasonably effective

now what? They take shifts and aim for the ants as they come over? Still run out of fuel and they are wasted

and waiting it out would not work since two of the rules state that you cannot die of dehydration/hunger, and the match is declared when 100% of your opponent is dead.

Grahams. Fucking. Number
This is not a few mexicans we're dealing with, you can't wall out your problems

>that reddit spacing

>that bullshit complaint

I got my point across

bleach is available in all grocery stores. Go get some...you know the rest

:(

So mean honestly, what do they teach you over at reddit?

can a flamethrowered ants corpse make anything? maybe like a giant ball of dead ants u could use as a boulder ball and continue squishing? has the ants got intelligence?

I can't imagine how this question wouldn't have gravity play an important factor. Surely the mass of the ants would pull them all together, along with the small number of marines, into a supermassive blackhole, or something inconceivably worse. Nobody wins.

go and spread your hate somewhere else

The ants become the source of protein, infinite energy and food from ant fuel