Why do the Japs have such a boner for American folk music?

Why do the Japs have such a boner for American folk music?

youtube.com/watch?v=UcNgHma7Fxg
youtube.com/watch?v=G4FUjD_N8YU
youtube.com/watch?v=-1IQkhia3jM
youtube.com/watch?v=P0xm5CR2qns

I don't really mind it just seems very odd.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w6hb4OlBzU4
youtube.com/watch?v=Sg2HHB21_mw
youtube.com/watch?v=4XKGfziuw5c
youtube.com/watch?v=C0i9XMyTw-o
youtube.com/watch?v=YSh-YsyjpXk
pollmill.com/f/what-is-the-size-of-yuuri-morishita-s-nipple-la25l5b/answers/new.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

we must have to study these in school for praising America

They have good taste.

American sings a Japanese song, thanks
youtube.com/watch?v=w6hb4OlBzU4

>The uploader has not made this video available in your country.
Unfortunate.

sorry, try this
youtube.com/watch?v=Sg2HHB21_mw

If their AMerican why isn't it availble for us?

Really makes you think....

They have a boner for all ocidental culture
youtube.com/watch?v=4XKGfziuw5c

Alcohol and karaoke can make anything possible.

That's pretty darn suave.

Oh, this one worked.
Is she fluent with Japanese? It sounds like it, especially for an "anime fan" lel

because today's American (and our Japanese) music is shit
we like traditional folk music and dance of whatever the cont, Span, Ireland, Argentine, the US...

Japanese have a hard on for everything western since Meiji restoration.

Learn 2 history OP

オタコンで津軽海峡冬景色…

pretty good pronunciation

what the heck are those
i dont know what "american" folk music really is today but its never been a thing in mainstream.

happy end and hosono and his surroundings made decent ones but then again, i dont really understand the standard of "american" folk music in mainstream. isnt it the same garbage as japanese ones. all i know is john fahey, jim o'rourke(not a folk musician but still was dedicating himself to american traditional music and has lived in japan now), and drag city in the late 90s to the early 00s but they have/had a strong tie with some japanese artists who Sup Forums assholes will never listen to

American folk is covers a fairly vast tent, but generally it covers old 19th century songs like I Wish I Was in Dixie, Oh Susana, Camptown Races, Old Zip Coon, etc. It also covers a lot of the more traditional types of country like bluegrass and people like Hank Williams and the Osbourne Brothers. Then finally theres the Bob Dylan types which include Bob Dylan, Simon & Garfunkel, a lot of obscure 60s folk singers and bands, and a lot of modern day hipster crap.

youtube.com/watch?v=C0i9XMyTw-o

bump

Ironically, English folk music was far better preserved in the US than it was here. The Child ballads were painstakingly collected by an American archivist, for instance.

im not sure if your are op but traditional music generally just showcases a foreign culture for some normie event or "everybody out there lets try this foreign stuff" thing. it has nothing to do with that accusation "the japanaese suck at it"

> Bob Dylan, Simon & Garfunkel
america cant even keep these 60s or 70s stuff in mainstream either except for hipster trash. and when it comes to underground/indie stuff, there are some decent musicians both in america and japan. as for me, these musicians are still normie shit. i liked fahey.
youtube.com/watch?v=YSh-YsyjpXk

yes, popular among steakhouse restaurants here

pollmill.com/f/what-is-the-size-of-yuuri-morishita-s-nipple-la25l5b/answers/new.html