Sup Forumsros, whats your expierence with taking breaks from smoking pot...

Sup Forumsros, whats your expierence with taking breaks from smoking pot? Does it help you have a better high when you come back? Or is it just boring rofl

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4950206/Smoking-cannabis-DOES-make-people-violent.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If I take a month or so off and then come back it kinda feels like my first few times. Your tolerance definitely goes down.

Continuous smoking lessens the effect because your body has become accustomed. It's the same thing as alcohol if you drink daily the alcohol has a lesser effect. So taking a break for 2 weeks on weed can get your tolerance lowered plenty to where you get really high after one good hit.

I quit for 3yrs and never noticed any difference in my body/health when I didnt smoke...when I started again it was a bit like starting over and needed very little to get stoned.

take a break and dont return

best decision of your life

trust me

smoked for almost 10 years

quit since 2 years

its like being reborn

you dont need it it doesnt add anything its all between your ears

First day off right now. I'm sweating like crazy and i'm aggressive the whole fucking day like i've never been before.

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4950206/Smoking-cannabis-DOES-make-people-violent.html

This.
One of the best decisions of my life

Quitting is a really decent thing to do especially if you're at this point. There are stages to smoking and you're at the end of it I'm guessing by your word choice. You're looking to get a better high possibly and you've got three choices.

1. Take a break and go back to it, make the cycle of trying to chase that special feeling we all seek from drugs/alcohol and start over again.

2. Go on to a new drug. (worst choice)

3. Quit and start seeking peace and that feeling of it we all want without using a drug. Yes weed is a drug.

Drugs and alcohol will always make you feel good when you're using them, but they always stop you short. Enough will never be enough.

Pothead for about 6 months here, I smoked every day for about half a year and when I quit everything just became better. The high eventually becomes your reality and reality becomes boring. Quit and spend your money on acid, no side effects, no signs of you being high like with weed smell and coughing, trust me.

Bump

i microdosed on acid for 6 months, at least 3 times a week, occasionally i would drop whole blots - has made me much more creative, but it intensified my insecurity just as much, it may have done more harm than good eventually.

I cough a lot. My tolerance is way lower.

I don't do acid, but I know for a fact pot makes me anxious and feel like shit. I enjoy the feeling to a point, but it's honestly turned me into a wreck. I want it all the time, when im high I feel out of it and unable to focus, then when i'm not it's mad anxiety.I actually made the decision to give away the rest of my stash tonight and get away from it, my cousin is in the same boat and doing the same so we can go through it together.

I'm think of microdosing on acid, but not as much. I heard acid can make you realize small things about yourself you don't notice.

I don't know what you niggas talkin' bout this tolerance shit, the more I smoke the less I need. First time I smoked way more and felt way less.

Well congrats you're an addict going into withdrawal

I have quit pot several times...never have had even the slightest withdrawal symptoms.

Take a deep breath and relax...its a habit, its habit forming...break out of the routines you used to have around smoking and it will help.

You should see what studies say about caffeine and alcohol...

The downside is that I need a whole fucking weekend free to drop acid. I'm in space for a good 12 hours.

Bump

Your dreams will become much more vivid and intense. Be prepared for the nightmares too.

If you take a break or fully quit, how are you supposed to occupy yourself? You are left with lots of free time and every second passes very slowly.

I've taken a couple months off from smoking and I don't notice much difference. No increase in motivation or concentration. It definitely lets you get way higher when you eventually smoke again though.

>will become much more vivid and intense. Be prepared for the nightmares too

seconded

sleep. it can be therapeautic at times.

I havent smoked weed since high school, but from my experience of smoking day to day, then taking a break for like a month, it differs on the strength of the weed that you smoked. Reg will probably reset your tolerance, while medical grade will probably leave you with a decent amount of tolerance if you're a bit of a lightweight.

TL:DR
>Factor in your weight
>Factor in the strength of the weed
>Factor in how much of it you smoked
>Factor in how commonly you smoked

Took a month and a half break because my dealer fucked up. Got a new source last weekend and I took three hits and felt something already. IMO, a month break would get you close to the first time you do MJ. Weekend smoker here. Enjoy.

Work out or find a sport.

been only smoking for about a year now, had to take a break for a month when i was applying for some job where i thought i might get piss tested.

found myself craving it in that month, but i think that was just because i was bored. no physical withdrawal symptoms.

started back up again a few weeks ago (didn't get job), didn't notice any differences in the high.

damn dude, how much were you smoking per day?

I smoke like an 8th every 2 weeks and the most I get from quitting is mild irritability

This guy knows. I quit 2 weeks ago

My nibba, ive got some method for you. I have been doing this for years and old got scolded when I didnt do my method PROPERLY.
First, get a small bong. Maybe 6-8in tall, this makes the neck easier to clear.
Second, make a sploof out of a paper towel roll and stuff these 3 things in there in this order.
>3 dryer sheets first, 3 napkins, 3 paper towels, and a wad of toilet paper (optional, catches most inital smoke first)
Then fold the end with the dryer sheets into a Y-shape, like youre trying to make a triangle.
Third, get a quarter or a coin big enough to cover your bowl.
Of course, you gotta be next to a window to blow out your smoke.
>hurr durr, why even have a sploof
Because if any smoke gets blown back into your home, it will smell.
Now that you have most materials for your sneak sesh, time to prove your iron lungs.
This process is difficult if you take fat rips and expect to blow it all out at once. By using the quarter, you take smaller hits and can cover the bowl of burning weed.
>crack open window
>load bowl
>corner your bowl
>before you lift the bowl to clear, PLACE QUARTER ON BOWL(very important)
>now SLOWLY clear the bong as to not make too much obvious noise
>keep the quarter on the bowl, it is still burning
>put the sploof up to your mouth, point out the window, and blow slowly
be sure to do this SLOWLY because if you put too much lung pressure in the sploof, the sheets will shoot out and ur fukt.
>done out-haling? Remove quarter from bowl while the bong is next to the window
The burning weed in your bowl created a small amount of smoke that got trapped between the water and your bowl. Expose of this smoke as smart as possible. Keep an air freshener at hand to spray your room down for extra precaution.
Ive done this method in my restroom and havent gotten caught. #1 rule is that all smoke should be clean smoke. Also, turn on your ceiling fan.

I quit and the same thing happened. It is also hard to eat. You will be good in a few days. Other drug withdrawals are worse though so it's not too bad. I feel great after two weeks and I can deny the offer when my roommate smokes. Feels good man.

Workout, walk around the park, develop a hobby, go to the library, meet people. There are millions of 5hings you can do in life to distract yourself.

True. My girlfriend cheated on me in a nightmare last night. That cute little bitch wouldn't do that though. Dreams are better than no dreams though.

Some of us smoke alot more than that. I had to force myself to make an eighth last two days. The struggle was real. I failed many times.

I'm three weeks in and honestly I might stop completely, or just smoke on the weekends. It's nice being able to remember things. I'm eatinf a lot less junk too. The cravings really only lasted about a week for me.

Another part of me wants to take a day off from work once I hit 1 month so I can get crazy high, jerk off, and play video games all day.

Smoked 6-7 years daily. Stopped after getting panic attacks. It doesnt make much difference but i would say i feel better. It feels Like my Life is continuing while it was whole time in Pause mode

its been 5 week since i stop. Im carving anything that smoke (i don't smoke cigarette, just joint) and its horrible. I was about to smoke a cigarette but i stoped lol Its getting pretty hard dunno why

>I have quit pot several times
If it was 7 times I do not think you have quit anything.

But I use weed to help me sleep lul.

You obviously hide some serious psychological issues behind your weed consum. I quitted and a lot people i know. And nothing happened than more vivid dreams for some weeks

Sex and weed are pretty much synonymous for me. So much that I'd pop a boner just from smoking up. I'm three weeks into quitting and seem to have a hard time getting turned on sometimes, even with my girl. Anybody else had to deal with this? I don't want it to be like this permanently

Fuck off with the bullshit. Cannabis is love.

>That cute little bitch wouldn't do that though.
that's what i thought
>turned out to happen exactly as it did in the dream
fuck this gay earth

Ty for the opinions everyone. Much love

lol I made a thread like this just now. my bad, i didnt notice this one.

Okay. Here's what I think is important about t-breaks

I haven't been sober for over a month since i was like 19 i think. I'm 24 now. I analyze the shit out of myself, especially when experimenting with drugs. Being completely sober isn't really being sober, it's a different state of mind. It's not "dull, flat, boring, unenhanced", and that's a good thing to remember.

Quitting for a day, nope, still kinda high next day. A week.. you'll definitely notice a difference. But a month? That's a bit of a challenge for me because depression and it makes me tolerate my terrible home life but I think it's something I need to do.

Any good motivators to keeping off the pot for a while?

Listen about.the dugout kid

The motivation for me is my health physically and mentally

Holy shit, I stopped yesteday because I thought I should lower my tolerance. Tonight I thougt why would I? I smoke almost eveyday, still don't smoke more than 2 grams a month. So now I'm high again. Depends on what I want to do.

I use a vape, n-no homo

Being sober for the rest of your life or smoking occasionally for the rest of your lie are both things you can do without harming your body. there's no "good" and "bad" in this sense.

Smoking daily and being a chronic stoner is a problem, but I don't want to say one state is better than someone who doesn't do it chronicaly.

Thats a good reason a tolerance break is needed, it lowers your tolerance and if you're wise you will be careful with how much you smoke and not overdo it.

its a new chance at controlling your weed habits

or stopping if you want

It's all up to the individual. It's either good or bad, it's up to them, not to me.

I gave in and smoked resin I feel like an asshole

I just need to somehow tolerate where I live without resorting to smoking

When you're ready you're ready.

Also, think about this... if you didn't smoke tomorrow, then you'll be lowering your tolerance. Then you smoke the next day, don't see it as a fuckup... it just means instead of quitting cold turkey you're smoking every other day

I have a feeling you're just gonna smoke as normal but just saying, it's not over, you can still lower your tolerance

its not good or bad, you're doing nothing wrong, if you ever truly wanna quit for a while/forever then you'd do it.

If you're stuck living with your mom's and she's abusive and you're struggling to find a job.. it's hard to stop

start working on changing your life, it's a lot easier when you're sober to do that. trade your need for weed for something productive, restore old cars, go to the gym, go hiking, do things that make you money

Try a different strain
strains can differentiate it terms of after effects

That's what I'm trying to do, be happy but sober while finding a job and finding things to do that keeps me away from a broken home.. until I save up enough money to leave.

I am at the point where I am looking at therapy

perhaps make it something you look forward to instead of something that you just casually do?

Maybe once a week, or even just once a month, plan a "you" day where you just go crazy with the weed.

I also recommend trying shrooms. They give you some serious introspection. It can be very therapeutic. And it's probably the most non-addictive recreational drug you can do. You literally won't want to do it again for a while.

Cannabis isn't a "drug"
Also, fuck your cookie cutter response

I quit almost a year ago to the day. My new job hair tests. I smoked only on occasion before, but I'll be honest, I miss it. Weed is pretty awesome. My rookie question is this, if I got stupid high, just once is all I'm wanting, how ducked would it make me on a hair test?

The plant contains chemicals that alters your mind. How is it not a drug? Because it's a plant? That's like saying opiates aren't drugs.

drug
drəɡ/Submit
noun
1. a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body.

Sounds like weed to me bro

Mainly I found that I can actually dream and remember my dreams again. Memory in general seems a lot better. Eventually you stop thinking that there's nothing better than weed. You may become proactive again and actually work towards your goals. Once you get over the night sweats which generally last around a week you're pretty much home free. I've been a long term pot smoker btw.

and yet you wonder why everyone thinks we're retarded.

every now and then I used to take a weeks break but after coming back it took a day or two to feel like my tolerance was back so it doesn't really do shit. Unless you wait a couple of months then it won't really change anything and even then its still 'familiar'.

I stopped buying weed regularly about 5 months ago, I feel better sober, like my old self is coming back and I'm not a lazy fuck all the time.

I don't listen to music as often tho which is a big thing for me, I can only enjoy music fully when stoned

Didn't OP ask whether taking a break would increase his high?

I don't see any question about quitting? The fuck? Self-assertive bastards.

Cool story junior. Probably because we know that deep down we're all just depressed fucks that turned to weed for some reason or another. Go smoke another blunt and fuck off.

>HERP DERP WEED MAKES YOU LAZY
>Herp derp weed effects your mood and gives you reefer madness
Nothing but Tabacco producers ITT

I don't smoke weed, snowflake.
I understand your assumptions though. Primitive, but it shows your child brain is capable of basic deduction. Even if wrong

it depends on how long you've been consuming and how much you've been consuming.

the more experienced you are with the effects of ANY mind altering drug, the less "high" you'll feel. hence, chasing the dragon. you can NEVER have that virgin feeling again. most regular users do experience a sensation of "toleration", but this is all psychosomatic. you're just as high/drunk as you always have been, but you experience inebriation differently as you're body has become more or less accustomed to the effects of the chemical.

Psychedelics have definitely helped me and I would like to do some soon especially during these times. Bad trip, good trip, I learn a lot about myself on it.

You have a good idea and I've actually been thinking about it. Maybe I can't do it cold turkey but ease myself off of it or simply do it less. I can appreciate it better and rely on it less if my times with it are few, and I would learn to use that time of being high the best I can (i.e. paint, do things that help me rather than laze and watch things)

>Primitive, but it shows your child brain is capable of basic deduction. Even if wrong
Your insecurities are showing user

You're not fucking Michael phelps you dumb lazy pothead lmfao

That guys room looks like a fucking shed

if i even take two days off im higher than usual

Taking a break has a lot of benefits if you're a daily user - just try it for 2 weeks and see how you feel and how you find the first smoke back after a while, its different for everyone.

The biggest issue with taking a break though is filling your time. Lets say you smoke every evening after dinner, so you're high from like 7-12 before you head to bed. When you're high you're pretty limited as to what you can do, and what you do is pretty similar each evening. Lets say you watch TV or play a particular game when stoned - remove the weed and its likely these activities will begin to feel less rewarding. That's why when you do stop you've gotta find something else to fill that time - ideally something you couldn't do because you were stoned. If you don't do this then it WILL be a boring 2 weeks, and its likely you'll end up smoking again before the time is up.

Again. Poor deduction. You should stop before you break your keyboard.

I take 3 week -4 weeks brakes so that my system can clean up. If I dont take this breakes my brain, thinking and logics get really mess up. They get slow and dump. like being always high.
Also, the trip gets lower and lower...
Those fuckers telling you that they feel anxiety are idiots, Marihuana dosnt create the side effects that nicotine do.
(forgive my poor english)

weed is not adictive you idiot

Cute

This user gets it. Small steps with cutting down help keep it in moderation. Although it seems that user was already well within moderation, 2g a month is nothing.

What's the appeal of smoking weed? I stopped smoking because being high had no real positive effects, it was either boring or if i smoke more, too hallucinogenic. The times I've been high I've always thought "why did I even choose to get high. This isn't even good."

it can be psychologically

still, I love the shit and it's better for you than anything else

i've never, in 16 years, gotten so stoned that there was nothing i couldn't do stoned that i couldn't do sober after becoming accustomed to the effects of thc. it's just like taking opioids or any other strong medication.

go moralfag somewhere else.

So you could stop for a month, but what's the point, right?

then your problem is not the weed, its in your mind

I guess some people just can't handle hard drugs like marijuana cigarettes.

everyone's brain chemistry is different. this is an end user problem.

user its okay man, put that shit away and don't smoke any more tonight - do something different, start a journal to go through your thoughts or play a game or something.

Just break out of the habit slowly. You can try again tomorrow user, its all gonna be okay.

But your mind is a result of physical processes. It's just like being hooked on caffeine. People can be extremely irritable without their caffeine fix, but isn't that all still just in your mind?

Everyone. Is. Different.

I've been smoking for a good few years myself and while yes, in theory I can do anything I could do sober its not as relaxing or fun as it could be were I sober. I picked the wrong words, I just meant some things are harder to do while stoned, and if you want to cut back then by doing those things you'll re-enforce the positives of cutting back - while keeping in mind that its your decision to cut back or not cut back.

I fail to see how I was being a moralfag - like thats a real insult anyway. Just trying to share my experiences in a thread relevant to those experiences, just like you user.

Q tips can be fucking addictive

There is no purpose in being literal in this case. Figure it as if one person held up a pill tablet and called it a drug, and you responded by correcting him and reminding him that the drug is actually what the tablet contains.

Big deal. His response is okay, it's cookie cutter because a lot of people feel that way. What the fuck offends you buddy? Maybe you shouldn't paticularly quit smoking.

He's an idiot. He's trying to remind everyone that the drugs are contained in the plant, and that the plant as a whole is not a drug.

Most of you went "oh yeah thats right". At the same time, we knew what he meant because we aren't too focused on how he phrased it.

I's a distraction post. He didn't respond to those good points the guy made. He was angry..

this guy, for the past 6 years ive smoked almost every day. The past 7 months ive been slowing down to at most once a month, and I just did a 3 month stint of not smoking. 3 weeks ago i smoked again, and that shit just made me feel bad. personally it is terrible for my depression, and fills me with anxiety now.

it sucks because i used to love smoking weed, but it makes me feel like shit now, so no more. plus, ive got better things to spend the money on.

tl;dr just quit, and grow up. literally nobody likes an adult who gets high all the time, and you will be a much better person

I get the eating thing too. Food can make me feel physically sick. You're right though, all the "withdrawal symptoms" go away after 3-4 days, after that its just a few vivid dreams.

I want to take a break but sobriety makes getting an appetite so hard and I'm already underweight as shit.

it happens man. when i slowed down 7 months ago and cut it to once a month, for fucking weeks i was an irritable asshole, and im never an asshole. lashed out at everyone close to me.